Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente not training with the rest of the squad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just to add, no-one really bigged up the Vicente signing, apart from this very forum...

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
:lol: totally don't get all the hate against Vicente, it is not his fault he is injured is he? We have seen Gus make some odd remarks about players in the past, so if Vicente was a sick note, in his head, whatever, surely we'd have had something from Gus?

Everytime Vicente has played, he has changed the game from what I remember so he has skill, so lets hope the club can get him fit and a good 10+ appearances out of him this year, rather than second guessing what is going on?
exactly :cheers: :guitar: :albion2:

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Painter makes timely return From The Argus)

Down the bottom. He's never going to play for us again is he? :moo:

Where does it say he is not training with the squad? Are you fishing? It actually says..

'Meanwhile, Calderon’s fellow Spaniard Vicente has been placed on an individual programme to aid his recovery from a series of niggling injuries which have ruled the playmaker out since October.'

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
hoskins is a good player and is just unlucky by the looks of it this season as with buckley but with vicente it seems like he can't be bothered poyet wants him to play but it seems it just an endless saga for him to get fit most of the players that other teams got on a free (l.lualua, james beattie) have got fit so why can't vicente he is on alot of money which also says that he is just here for the money

This year's winner of the longest continuous sentence without capital letters prize

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Jesus Christ. Not one of us on this forum knows what contract he is on. Do none of you trust Tony Bloom or Gus Poyet to make the right decisions? Do you think Tony Bloom is a chairman who will get ripped off by a player? (take a big contract and not play due to injuries in his head)

Anyone who has seen him play will know his ability is next level. According to Andy Naylor yesterday, he has been close to playing for us- only small niggles have let him down. This is to be expected for players who have spent a long time out, their body needs to adapt. For what it's worth, I think we have an excellent medical team and I could see him "do a Tano" and be instrumental for us at the end of this season/start of next season. Regardless of playing, having such an experienced, talented player around the younger lads will work wonders (Ala Kish).

I do wish some people would sit back and think about what they are about to type before venting their spleen on here.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Jesus Christ. Not one of us on this forum knows what contract he is on. Do none of you trust Tony Bloom or Gus Poyet to make the right decisions? Do you think Tony Bloom is a chairman who will get ripped off by a player? (take a big contract and not play due to injuries in his head)

Anyone who has seen him play will know his ability is next level. According to Andy Naylor yesterday, he has been close to playing for us- only small niggles have let him down. This is to be expected for players who have spent a long time out, their body needs to adapt. For what it's worth, I think we have an excellent medical team and I could see him "do a Tano" and be instrumental for us at the end of this season/start of next season. Regardless of playing, having such an experienced, talented player around the younger lads will work wonders (Ala Kish).

I do wish some people would sit back and think about what they are about to type before venting their spleen on here.
and exactly... :kiss: :cheers: :guitar:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
:lol: totally don't get all the hate against Vicente, it is not his fault he is injured is he? We have seen Gus make some odd remarks about players in the past, so if Vicente was a sick note, in his head, whatever, surely we'd have had something from Gus?

Everytime Vicente has played, he has changed the game from what I remember so he has skill, so lets hope the club can get him fit and a good 10+ appearances out of him this year, rather than second guessing what is going on?

This

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
What a waste of money, we coulda woulda shoulda signed George Boyd or something.

And Harley. What frightens me is that Gus wanted to sign billy from Leeds in the summer.

Hate to think who Gus will spunk our money on. I'll hide behind the sofa when the transfere window opens.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
And Harley. What frightens me is that Gus wanted to sign billy from Leeds in the summer.

Hate to think who Gus will spunk our money on. I'll hide behind the sofa when the transfere window opens.

Another palarse fan in disguise. Just who are the players who Gus has spunked his money on... name them... Noone.. CMS.. Greer... Etc etc. Name them all for our benefit.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

how many games has he changed and we've won? Im intrigued to know.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
i'll wait to the end of the season before passing judgement. We knew he wasnt fit when we signed him afterall....if he was fully fit he wouldnt be playing in the championship would he?!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Some players will play through the pain barrier in their determination to succeed for their team. We've not been told much about his injuries but it appears Vicente is not one of them. Let's forget about him and look for someone who will at least play a few games.

Some managers ask their players to play through the pain barrier and then moan like hell when they get a much worse injury. It seems that Gus isn't one of them. Instead he wants to give his players time to get fully fit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Now we know the significance of Vicente's squad number , not the number of goals he is going to score but the number of appearances in a season :lol:
Vicente = the Spanish Darren Anderton.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

"Our money"? I rather think it is Tony Blooms money and he can manage it how he sees fit. If he is unhappy with the Vicente situation, or who Gus signs, then he will do something about. Maybe he is more mature and reasonable than some of the mongs on this forum as he obviously knew what he was signing and Vicentes history.

And dont come back with we buy tickets so its our money. We are so indebted to TB right now that its going to be well over a decade before we can even start to think on those terms

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here