Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vahid Hambo signs 2 year deal

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Do you realty need to ask ? How many "promising youngsters" have been scouted, brought in from abroad, and then gone on to do something ? ANYTHING ? Off the top of my head the ones I can recall even getting much of a 1st team runout were Battipiedi (14 games) and Baz (7). Then there's Bergkamp, Agustein and probably several more who arrived and duley sank without a trace.

Foreign import or otherwise, the DS has systematically failed to produce a forward of any note, ever. That's nothing new at BHA though, its always been the case for some reason. I'll be absolutely STUNNED if "Hambo" bucks the trend, and I hope I am. But I have grave doubts...

He's 6"4', foreign, has long flowing locks and is presumable CHEAP. What's not to like?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Do you realty need to ask ? How many "promising youngsters" have been scouted, brought in from abroad, and then gone on to do something ? ANYTHING ? Off the top of my head the ones I can recall even getting much of a 1st team runout were Battipiedi (14 games) and Baz (7). Then there's Bergkamp, Agustein and probably several more who arrived and duley sank without a trace.

Foreign import or otherwise, the DS has systematically failed to produce a forward of any note, ever. That's nothing new at BHA though, its always been the case for some reason. I'll be absolutely STUNNED if "Hambo" bucks the trend, and I hope I am. But I have grave doubts...

Oh God. How could I forget all of that!?!?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Looking at sites that are subject to updating on an ad-hoc basis by Joe Soap and anyone else who cares (or more appropriately forgets) to do so can't really qualify as independent research or at least not sufficient to counter the stats provided by his club, Inter Turku.
More valid might be a concern over the strength of a league that seems to play games indoors in what looks like a concrete shed. 😀

On the contrary - Soccerway is a very professionally run website by the Perform Group - it details every senior appearance down to the last detail - and outlines exactly how many minutes this guy has played in genuine competition. http://uk.soccerway.com/players/vahid-hambo/214138/ Also fails to mention any appearances at Under-21 level, but does mention Under 17 and under 19.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vahid_Hambo

Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2014 Ilves 5 (1)
2015 Inter Turku 6 (4)
2015– Brighton & Hove Albion 0 (0)
National team‡
2015– Finland U21

For anyone who can't translate jargon:

Senior Career
Team / Apps / (Goals)

Ilves 5 (1)
Inter Turku 6 (4)
Brighton & Hove Albion 0 (0)

National Team
Finland U21 2 (3)

It's worth noting that our new U21 striker played 5 Senior Club games in 2014, followed by 6 Senior Club games in 2015 - According to Wiki. No idea on how many Youth games were played.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I question the wisdom of the club to send official texts through to the fans and pre-tweet of the 'incoming' new arrival when they sign someone such as this so close to the start of the season when the fanbase is baying for that big name signing who is going to fire us to the promised land.
This chap isn't THAT signing and Hambo should have been announced in conjunction with whoever is next to be signed (for the player's sake as well as the club's)

Great to have a youngster like this on board. Big lad with potential is just what the Development Squad is all about but all the promotional bells and whistles from the club are a bit of a p*ss take really.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He's young , big, fast, angry and he knows where the net is. I reckon he'll tear league one apart for us next season.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Fingers Crossed.....Signing a striker good news....If he`s any good at puting the ball in the net it`s bloody good news :bigwave::bigwave::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I question the wisdom of the club to send official texts through to the fans and pre-tweet of the 'incoming' new arrival when they sign someone such as this so close to the start of the season when the fanbase is baying for that big name signing who is going to fire us to the promised land.
This chap isn't THAT signing and Hambo should have been announced in conjunction with whoever is next to be signed (for the player's sake as well as the club's)

Great to have a youngster like this on board. Big lad with potential is just what the Development Squad is all about but all the promotional bells and whistles from the club are a bit of a p*ss take really.

The 'Breaking Transfer News' e-mail is utterly pointless as well for a DS player.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
a4634c5968e283c1134fb68a4f20c915.jpg

Who could it be?

Can we assume George Kane is feeling a little under sexed at this point?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
The 'Breaking Transfer News' e-mail is utterly pointless as well for a DS player.

But apparently he's not a DS player.
Maybe to secure his signature, we had to promise him he'll be part of the 1st team squad. Or maybe the DS is a bit toppy on numbers already......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here