Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vahid Hambo signs 2 year deal

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Tall, pacey, long hair, bad temper plus an amazing scoring record in a crap league.

I LIKE HIM

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
For anyone who can't translate jargon:

Senior Career
Team / Apps / (Goals)

Ilves 5 (1)
Inter Turku 6 (4)
Brighton & Hove Albion 0 (0)

National Team
Finland U21 2 (3)

It's worth noting that our new U21 striker played 5 Senior Club games in 2014, followed by 6 Senior Club games in 2015 - According to Wiki. No idea on how many Youth games were played.

♦ Position Forward

♦ Height 193 cm
Weight 80 kg ♦
♦ Right Foot

User name ♦ Vahid
Game Number 9 ♦

♦ Current club FC Inter Turku
♦ Contract expires 30/11/2016

Society History
2011 - 2012 ♦ ♦ HJK Juniors 26 matches, 29 goals in
2012-2013 ♦ UC Sampdoria Primavera ♦ 17 matches, 3 goals
2013-2014 ♦ UC Sampdoria Primavera ♦ 8 matches, 1 goal
in 2014 Ilves ♦ ♦ 6 matches, 1 goal

Total
Ykkönen ♦ 6 matches, 1 goal

History of National team
Finland U21 ♦ 2 games, 3 goals
Finland U19 ♦ 6 matches, 1 goal
Finland U15 - U18 ♦ 24 matches, 9 goals

http://www.twentyfour.fi/portfolio-item/vahid-hambo/

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm going to make a bold and probably reckless prediction - Hambo will end this season with at least 5 first team goals, and be a first team regular in 2016/17 (if we're not in the Prem)....

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Do you realty need to ask ? How many "promising youngsters" have been scouted, brought in from abroad, and then gone on to do something ? ANYTHING ? Off the top of my head the ones I can recall even getting much of a 1st team runout were Battipiedi (14 games) and Baz (7). Then there's Bergkamp, Agustein and probably several more who arrived and duley sank without a trace.

Foreign import or otherwise, the DS has systematically failed to produce a forward of any note, ever. That's nothing new at BHA though, its always been the case for some reason. I'll be absolutely STUNNED if "Hambo" bucks the trend, and I hope I am. But I have grave doubts...

Lets all hope that he can be a success, but my immediate reaction was precisely as you write. As long as he is "as well as" and not "instead of" what we will need for success this year, then fine, and if he grows in stature (no pun intended) then great. The production line from the U21 has not been encouraging, albeit with some notable exceptions -Messrs Dunk and (hopefully) March.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That would only be because Hughton is reluctant to give him the chances.
I would have the likes of him and Tilley and Starkey on the bench as often as possible and try to give one of them 10 or 20 minutes in most games. We are desperate for pace and youngsters coming in and playing without fear can give us an edge that we currently lack.

Chris won't be reluctant to give him chances if he is good enough......................It was under CH that Andy Carroll came to prominence at Newcastle. He likes big strong strikers who can unsettle a defence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Happy with this signing.

Looks a great 4th choice striker, with a lot of potential.

Still need 1 more striker, and 4 others.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
16 pages for a Dev Squad signing on a short-ish contract - jeez people are getting frustrated :lol:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Scores goals in top Finnish League so they say.
That's the same as being a top Sunday League Striker
In the West Kent Sunday league Div 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here