Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vahid Hambo signs 2 year deal

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Just good to be making the signings. Making me feel positive that decisions are being made.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One thing we've defintely attempted this year is to improve the quality of our U18 / U21 teams, which hopefully will bear fruit in a year or 2 as far as first team players are concerned (you never know, we might see some coming through THIS year). It bodes very well for the future, and will massively help to offset the FFP restrictions.

This doesn't stop me from worrying about the current first team though. Having a stream of quality coming through from the academy will be seriously undermined if we're in League 1.

I await the arrival for a few quality 1st team players with great interest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read the thread but I have high hopes that he will be more suited to this level than CMS was. No idea what level he has been playing at but schooled in Italy and seems to know where the net is. This one sounds a bit promising to me,

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
This guy clearly has potential which I hope he reaches sooner rather than later. As a guy who appears likely to be a squad member at first rather than starter I might be in the minority who would rather spend the money on a player like this then 15k a week on a journeyman like COG

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Some massaging of the career stats if you do a little bit of independent research. Soccerway and Wikipedia don't have him scoring 13 in 14 this season - in fact one site claims he's played 11 league games in his whole career, and half of them in the Finnish second and third divisions. He's only 20 so what can we expect - but I don't think he's the new Ulloa just yet. I too hope he's not the new Agdestein.

Looking at sites that are subject to updating on an ad-hoc basis by Joe Soap and anyone else who cares (or more appropriately forgets) to do so can't really qualify as independent research or at least not sufficient to counter the stats provided by his club, Inter Turku.
More valid might be a concern over the strength of a league that seems to play games indoors in what looks like a concrete shed. 😀

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looking at sites that are subject to updating on an ad-hoc basis by Joe Soap and anyone else who cares (or more appropriately forgets) to do so can't really qualify as independent research or at least not sufficient to counter the stats provided by his club, Inter Turku.
More valid might be a concern over the strength of a league that seems to play games indoors in what looks like a concrete shed. ��

May be wrong, but I think the really good goal (far top corner, on the turn) scored in the big concrete shed, is in a Finland kit, rather than a club game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I haven't read the thread but I have high hopes that he will be more suited to this level than CMS was.

I'll be honest, a 20 year old with less than a dozen appearances in the Finnish league doesn't fill me with hope that he'll be able to cut it in the Championship. I'd love to be proved wrong and have this post bounced to kingdom come in a year or two's time. But its another cheap punt, a shot to nothing. If it comes off then fantastic - however, the clubs track record with this type of signing is absolutely horrifying.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll be honest, a 20 year old with less than a dozen appearances in the Finnish league doesn't fill me with hope that he'll be able to cut it in the Championship. I'd love to be proved wrong and have this post bounced to kingdom come in a year or two's time. But its another cheap punt, a shot to nothing. If it comes off then fantastic - however, the clubs track record with this type of signing is absolutely horrifying.

I'm not aware we have a long track record of bringing in DS / U21 players. Has it been bad?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] does like a development player or two.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Ain't that the truth, just trying to be positive....for once.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think what he means is that he has been signed on the recommendations of our scouting system and that he himself possibly hasn't seen him too much. Consequently he is hoping that once he gets to see him at close quarters he will be good enough to be pressing for a place in the first team sooner rather than later
Or perhaps he just meant what he said?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not aware we have a long track record of bringing in DS / U21 players. Has it been bad?

Do you realty need to ask ? How many "promising youngsters" have been scouted, brought in from abroad, and then gone on to do something ? ANYTHING ? Off the top of my head the ones I can recall even getting much of a 1st team runout were Battipiedi (14 games) and Baz (7). Then there's Bergkamp, Agustein and probably several more who arrived and duley sank without a trace.

Foreign import or otherwise, the DS has systematically failed to produce a forward of any note, ever. That's nothing new at BHA though, its always been the case for some reason. I'll be absolutely STUNNED if "Hambo" bucks the trend, and I hope I am. But I have grave doubts...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here