Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Utterly Unbelievable

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Why not give it away for free? If it's not sold then what do they do with the existing stock, throw it away?

Because then the club would lose lots of money, much like last year - they will do another big concourse sale and sell everything at lower prices.

Everything will sell eventually. All of last seasons stuff did.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Because then the club would lose lots of money, much like last year - they will do another big concourse sale and sell everything at lower prices.

Everything will sell eventually. All of last seasons stuff did.

Thanks for clearing that up. Will attend one of these concourse sales and pick up a bargain providing they are at rock bottom prices.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Thanks for clearing that up. Will attend one of these concourse sales and pick up a bargain providing they are at rock bottom prices.

Shirts for about £10, shorts a fiver and socks a quid as well as all the training kit. Also get all the players kit which has been unused too.

Why it's pointless buying a new shirt now as they will just have loads left soon !!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Does sport direct actually sell Albion merchandize as never seen any Albion stuff being sold in any sport outlets before ???

They don't, think they can only sell certain manufacturers and Errea aren't one of them. However, that will probably change when we get Adidas or Nike as a kit make as it will probably be stocked then.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Shirts for about £10, shorts a fiver and socks a quid as well as all the training kit. Also get all the players kit which has been unused too.

Why it's pointless buying a new shirt now as they will just have loads left soon !!

Can't moan at that. I'll be there for the sale as love picking up bargains. You say unused, does that include their pants as well ???

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
They don't, think they can only sell certain manufacturers and Errea aren't one of them. However, that will probably change when we get Adidas or Nike as a kit make as it will probably be stocked then.

Hope so Hawk as it bloody winds me up going into sport shops in Brighton and surrounding towns and never see our club stuff in there. You'd think at least in Brighton they'd sell our kit.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I just cannot believe the gaul of Albions commercial dept **** me what bad timing !!
As if you would feel inspired after that performance to buy anything tonight online or this week even !!:ffsparr:
This is the Email I have just recieved at 22.25 from Albion.
Im sure you all have them in your inbox somewhere !!

Dear Barry

Our FA Cup campaign may have ended for another season at Hull City this evening, but we wanted to thank you for your fantastic support in the FA Cup this season.

Our Wembley FA Cup Final dreams will have to wait, but there is still so much to play for and and you can now take advantage of some fantastic merchandise offers to ensure you are fully kitted out for our next big Championship game at the Amex against play-off place rivals Reading a week on Saturday.

The Seagulls Superstore has up to 50% off replica kit, training wear and much more and to thank you for your continued support we are offering you the chance to redeem an extra 10% off any orders of £30*. Just use the promotional code below at the checkout stage.

Promotional code: FACUP242 ****ING EMBARRASSING:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Double wammy, it must also be really embarrassing being called...Barry.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Does sport direct actually sell Albion merchandize as never seen any Albion stuff being sold in any sport outlets before ???

I was joking that Sports Direct used to sell a lot of out of date football shirts cheap (they bought redundant stocks before they owned all the brands themselves, they still buy redundant stock of some things to sell), this is why there were a few of the Sandtex shirts around Brum at the time as you could buy them for about a fiver in SD (or sports soccer what ever it was called then). I kept shaking hands with people looking very perplexed just because they had an Albion shirt on :) I did not know they were being sold cheap till a bit later when I saw one in a shop.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Double wammy, it must also be really embarrassing being called...Barry.

If i actually got it i might just laugh, but i don't, so obviously your very very dim or Mummy just didn't give you enough hot milk and sugary biscuits last night and you woke up all cross today:dunce: little one !!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Just a thought...if the club are now having to go to such lengths to flog off mountains of surplus stock, then some numpty must have over-ordered in the first place. Whichever way you odds it, the club won't be making its margin in a fire sale. Maybe ending up selling some of it at cost...or worse. That ain't going to help the transfer kitty is it?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If i actually got it i might just laugh, but i don't, so obviously your very very dim or Mummy just didn't give you enough hot milk and sugary biscuits last night and you woke up all cross today:dunce: little one !!

Judging by your response I'd guess he's got under your skin there Barry.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
I just cannot believe the gaul of Albions commercial dept **** me what bad timing !!
As if you would feel inspired after that performance to buy anything tonight online or this week even !!:ffsparr:
This is the Email I have just recieved at 22.25 from Albion.
Im sure you all have them in your inbox somewhere !!

Dear Barry

Our FA Cup campaign may have ended for another season at Hull City this evening, but we wanted to thank you for your fantastic support in the FA Cup this season.

Our Wembley FA Cup Final dreams will have to wait, but there is still so much to play for and and you can now take advantage of some fantastic merchandise offers to ensure you are fully kitted out for our next big Championship game at the Amex against play-off place rivals Reading a week on Saturday.

The Seagulls Superstore has up to 50% off replica kit, training wear and much more and to thank you for your continued support we are offering you the chance to redeem an extra 10% off any orders of £30*. Just use the promotional code below at the checkout stage.

Promotional code: FACUP242 ****ING EMBARRASSING:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Think this was the final straw for me too last night, nearly ranted about it on here myself at the time but decided to just give up and go to bed instead.

Glad some others felt this was out of line too :tantrum:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was a laughably shit email, but the pointless handwringing on here is a joke.

"out of touch with supporters"? FFS that is pathetic.

It's not a board headed by Vincent Tan is it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That makes the assumption he knows what's going on at that level - he doesn't.
Yes and I hope he doesn't have to concern himself with such trivialities just because a handful of NSC bed-wetters are crying because it was unfortunately sent shortly after we went of the FA Cup.

To a team in the division above us. At the second attempt. After we nearly beat them.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
That makes the assumption he knows what's going on at that level - he doesn't.

I would necessarily expect him to be involved at that level but i would expect him to have a quiet word in the ear of whoever was responsible for this. No more than that; it's no biggie but entirely unnecessary and possibly counter productive .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here