Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Utterly Unbelievable

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
FFS it's only an email, calm down people. If you don't like like it delete it! Can't believe anyone would waste their time "emailing the club their disgust" about it!:facepalm:

Agree. Just ignore the email if you don't want to read it, or add the Albion to your spam filter.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I got the email. I am disappointed about last night's Cup exit. I deleted the email and my life has continued. Get over it FFS.

Congratulations on totally missing the point. I think everyone can continue their day non suicidal it's more a case of principal and how the club view their supporters.

However it meant so little to you that you took the time to post on here.

Oh.....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Very misjudged. And also quite bizarre timing. Can't think many people would think of buying a club shirt at 10 in the evening after we had just lost a big game.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I got the email. I am disappointed about last night's Cup exit. I deleted the email and my life has continued. Get over it FFS.

I disagree. We are a club not a shop and I am a proud member of this club, so when the club disappoints me I think you should let them know, just as when it does well you should celebrate.
Sending out a shopping email after crashing out of the FA cup was a stupid thing to do and I want my club to be better than that. Just deleting and moving on does not help the club improve IMO but would just encourage some marketing **** do more of the same, what next clackers.. Oops

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I think it is in bad taste but I'm just about to take advantage of a good offer! ....sorry!

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Annoyed, so I replied .... Sorry to those who don't agree

Truly dreadful timing. Did you watch the game ..... We were poor, everyone is disappointed and feeling down, emotions over team changes etc are running high and this email arrives to everyone!! Oh well, we're out the cup, you're all gutted but guess what ....

Seriously after the good will gesture of reimbursing tickets for last night which commercial genius ruined the hard work by sending this. If you want to increase sales you want to be in touch with your fan base surely? This is not the way forward, the people you are targeting are unlike your team of people ie we are fans of the club and are gutted about the result

A suggestion - wait 12 hours and then communicate with the fans in real terms. Say how disappointed the club was with the display, not meeting Sunderland in a dream 1/4 final etc and say to ease the disappointment we're making this special offer for the next game - spend £20 in the club shop and get a free pint to ease the pain of the FA Cup defeat.

An offer such as above will drive retail sales and communicate with your core audience in real terms. A £4 pint giveaway may be 20% discount on top of the already discounted merchandise but with your joint venture with Sodexho I'm sure that the at cost price will be far less. Also remember one pint leads to 2 and that people will arrive early to take up the offer thus the likelihood of increasing other spend on the day.

While I'm on a rant why don't you also look at ways to discount all the non season ticket seats. I know that any offer needs to be more expensive than the pro rata deal for season ticket holders but why don't you take a leaf out of racecourse offers and do a ticket, pie, pint and programme offer in one stand only. By doing one area only you can keep staff costs down, open one unit for voucher redemption for the above offer. Do this for £30 at a low key game and see if you can drive sales and create an enhanced atmosphere. You never know, get people in for the first time with a decent offer they may be encouraged to return, boosting income and stopping the need for inconsiderate, badly timed emails such as below. (I know you have made a student offer and other ticket package offers but there it's lots of idea's that other sports use than you can copy)

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
All you will get will be a bland reply from someone who is out of touch with the supporters. A full apology on the Club's website wouldn't go amiss, but I won't hold my breath. Very very disillusioned about the Club and the direction it is going. Such a shame, especially after all DK & TB have put into it. The uptake of ST & 1901 renewals for next season will be interesting.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I read the email at about 1.30 am at Cambridge services on the way back from the game, and quite honestly I laughed. I thought yeah, maybe a little crass but actually quite amusing. I really cannot be that upset about it. The club are using every tool in the book to try and flog the end of line stock they have before the season's end, and I think we should all know why by now. Honestly the reaction on here is unbelievable, people just cannot wait to be offended and take personal affront at anything the club does.

We lost a game, that is football, quite frankly after nearly 40years of watching the game I am able to cope with some disappointment without throwing my toys out of the pram.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't want to be too critical of the club. No doubt people in marketing and sales etc are under a lot of pressure to increase sales and are trying their best. It is just an email and you can just delete it.

But last night's email and the one trying to sell shirts before the Doncaster Rovers game by saying what a great history the fixture has seem a little, well, lacking in subtlety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here