Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Utterly Unbelievable

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Unbelievable! Not the email from the club but the massive communal hand wringing taking place on here.

The Albion have a new clothing deal due to be announced shortly. They do not want to be left with a truckload of stuff they won't be able to sell in a couple of months so they are adding to the discounts already in place.

If you don't want to take advantage of the deal it is a simple option: don't buy anything.

People on here moan constantly about FFP holding us back but when the club tries to raise money there's more frigging moaning.

Delete the bloody email if it has upset you so much. It was only an email for crying out loud. If you lot want a successful Albion playing in the Premier League then you have to accept moments like this from the marketing department. No matter how mistimed it might be.

Match day staff at The Albion totals 1200 people (according to Paul Barber). The club needs to maximise it's revenue streams because we are no longer 'Little Old Brighton' operating out of Withdean and those 1200 need paying.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There are more important things to worry about in life than a spam email. We played poorly and lost a game; get over it - it's not like anyone died.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I just cannot believe the gaul of Albions commercial dept **** me what bad timing !!
As if you would feel inspired after that performance to buy anything tonight online or this week even !!:ffsparr:
This is the Email I have just recieved at 22.25 from Albion.
Im sure you all have them in your inbox somewhere !!

Dear Barry

Our FA Cup campaign may have ended for another season at Hull City this evening, but we wanted to thank you for your fantastic support in the FA Cup this season.

Our Wembley FA Cup Final dreams will have to wait, but there is still so much to play for and and you can now take advantage of some fantastic merchandise offers to ensure you are fully kitted out for our next big Championship game at the Amex against play-off place rivals Reading a week on Saturday.

The Seagulls Superstore has up to 50% off replica kit, training wear and much more and to thank you for your continued support we are offering you the chance to redeem an extra 10% off any orders of £30*. Just use the promotional code below at the checkout stage.

Promotional code: FACUP242 ****ING EMBARRASSING:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Crass at best. Thanks for the promotional code though Phat Baz. It's my lucky day!

*rubs hands and heads off to the Amex :ascarf:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Of course it's not a huge issue and the email can easily be deleted and life goes on.

But that's not to say we shouldn't highlight this. It is a pretty moronic piece of marketing on the club's front. Don't even REFER to the cup run. :lolol: If the whole point of such an email is to incentivise buying and produce positive PR then surely it is correct to inform them when that is the exact opposite of what it's done. I'm all for the club squeezing every penny possible....but mistakes are allowed to be highlighted.

Almost as good a piece of timing as releasing a "manager sacked" statement whilst the manager is on national TV....

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm normally a defender of all things Albion currently but the timing of this bit of marketing was unbelievably stupid. I don't really understand why they need to make reference to the cup run (I'm guessing it was sent to people that had bought cup tickets?) but if they really felt the need to it could have waited until the morning.

Have a word Please PB.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Genuinely not bothered or offended by any attempts by the club to shift merchandise as it seeks to become a more profitable business with a budget to maintain our superb stadium and training facilities, and to increase the budget for players.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Well I would agree with that if it wasn't for the fact that we don't spend that much on any players

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm normally a defender of all things Albion currently but the timing of this bit of marketing was unbelievably stupid. I don't really understand why they need to make reference to the cup run (I'm guessing it was sent to people that had bought cup tickets?) but if they really felt the need to it could have waited until the morning.

Have a word Please PB.

It seems standard practice to do these emailers after games. I get Washington Redskins spam after every defeat (I mean game) too. it's just what they do. We are in the selling business now. If it helps shift a few units then all the better. It really isn't worth getting that upset about, the emails are easy to ignore.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Unbelievable! Not the email from the club but the massive communal hand wringing taking place on here.

The Albion have a new clothing deal due to be announced shortly. They do not want to be left with a truckload of stuff they won't be able to sell in a couple of months so they are adding to the discounts already in place.

If you don't want to take advantage of the deal it is a simple option: don't buy anything.

People on here moan constantly about FFP holding us back but when the club tries to raise money there's more frigging moaning.

Delete the bloody email if it has upset you so much. It was only an email for crying out loud. If you lot want a successful Albion playing in the Premier League then you have to accept moments like this from the marketing department. No matter how mistimed it might be.

Match day staff at The Albion totals 1200 people (according to Paul Barber). The club needs to maximise it's revenue streams because we are no longer 'Little Old Brighton' operating out of Withdean and those 1200 need

Everyone is entitled to opinion !
But you have just written a Bible length chastisement of anyone who's opinion differs to yours.
We all pay our money, we are all entitled to a moan if we want to every now and again.
It was a very poorly timed email sent to Albion fans who were feeling let down and downright pissed off at the time.
It should never have been sent, do you really think the first thing anyone would do is clamour to take advantage of it really.
I

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Match day staff at The Albion totals 1200 people (according to Paul Barber). The club needs to maximise it's revenue streams because we are no longer 'Little Old Brighton' operating out of Withdean and those 1200 need

Everyone is entitled to opinion !
But you have just written a Bible length chastisement of anyone who's opinion differs to yours.
We all pay our money, we are all entitled to a moan if we want to every now and again.
It was a very poorly timed email sent to Albion fans who were feeling let down and downright pissed off at the time.
It should never have been sent, do you really think the first thing anyone would do is clamour to take advantage of it really.
I

We have just lost a cup game-there is moaning on an epic scale here.

The club sends out somewhat mistimed marketing email-there is a massive moan in.

I used some illustrations as to why the club sends out emails like that-especially with the new shirt sponsor/clothing deal due to be announced any day now.

My 'Biblical length' post was to put into perspective all of the hand wringing taking place. Sorry if you are offended but you need to see the big picture-not just an email.

What do you propose the club do? Hang on to stock until the last minute when it will be worth best part of sod all? They don't get everything right (as today on NSC would suggest) but at least they trying even if the email was mistimed.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
We have just lost a cup game-there is moaning on an epic scale here.

The club sends out somewhat mistimed marketing email-there is a massive moan in.

I used some illustrations as to why the club sends out emails like that-especially with the new shirt sponsor/clothing deal due to be announced any day now.

My 'Biblical length' post was to put into perspective all of the hand wringing taking place. Sorry if you are offended but you need to see the big picture-not just an email.

What do you propose the club do? Hang on to stock until the last minute when it will be worth best part of sod all? They don't get everything right (as today on NSC would suggest) but at least they trying even if the email was mistimed.

The thing is I and others only seem to be moaning about the marketing dept and an email. The people defending the club seem to be accusing people of slagging off the club in general, terms like hand wringing, no one died, just move on FFS etc etc.. When to to my knowledge no one has said anything other than that was a shit time to try to sell some shirts and maybe they don't get their customer/fan base?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I don't think anyone has said they cannot send the email but within a few minutes of the end of the game, which would have been OK if we had won, was very insensitive and probably very counter productive.

What was wrong with 10 AM this morning rather than 10 PM yesterday would it have made much difference in terms of sales? Would it have made a lot of difference in terms of peeing fans off?

Your right I deleted the email unread, my life has progressed and we are still out the cup and had they sent it this morning I may have actually read it but last night with the commercial dept gloating that we lost I was not in the mood!

Timing, a bit like Oscars substitution timing last night and the lino's sight, is a bit off that is all i am saying.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The thing is I and others only seem to be moaning about the marketing dept and an email. The people defending the club seem to be accusing people of slagging off the club in general, terms like hand wringing, no one died, just move on FFS etc etc.. When to to my knowledge no one has said anything other than that was a shit time to try to sell some shirts and maybe they don't get their customer/fan base?

There is moaning on pretty much EVERY thread on NSC today from last nights tactics to using iPads and blaming them on the defeats.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I would suggest those MOANING about the MOANERS amount of MOANING are, in fact, MOANING more than the original MOANER'S MOANS in the first place.

MOAN

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Match day staff at The Albion totals 1200 people (according to Paul Barber). The club needs to maximise it's revenue streams because we are no longer 'Little Old Brighton' operating out of Withdean and those 1200 need paying.

Yup

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It seems standard practice to do these emailers after games. I get Washington Redskins spam after every defeat (I mean game) too. it's just what they do. We are in the selling business now. If it helps shift a few units then all the better. It really isn't worth getting that upset about, the emails are easy to ignore.

I wasn't upset about it, just of all the ridiculous knee jerk, teeth grinding on here today, I can actually see where the OP is coming from on this one. I know this stuff won't sell itself but I think it could have been left until this morning, let the dust settle a bit. Truthfully I think that would have sold more units as well, it's a decent offer.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Why not give it away for free? If it's not sold then what do they do with the existing stock, throw it away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here