Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Utterly Unbelievable

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would necessarily expect him to be involved at that level but i would expect him to have a quiet word in the ear of whoever was responsible for this. No more than that; it's no biggie but entirely unnecessary and possibly counter productive .

No, it IS necessary. Our debt was £14m last year, the club needs to sell it's stock. It was at worst, poorly timed. It could have waited until today.

I wonder how many of the muppets whinging to about it on here to excess are now planning to ditch their season tickets as a consequence of this?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So out of touch with supporters it beggars belief. One wonders who had that brilliant idea in the Club offices. Another own goal. They just don't get it do they.

Get a sense of perspective, eh? A board that is "so out of touch with supporters" would be Cardiff or Hull or Blackburn or even Man U. All our club has done is send a cheeky marketing email soon after we lose a 5th round replay to Premiership opposition.

I get the feeling a few of the old guard of fans are looking at any opportunity to have a pop at the current board. By all means speak out about the things that matter but does a trivial item like this really deserve such ire?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I get the feeling a few of the old guard of fans are looking at any opportunity to have a pop at the current board. By all means speak out about the things that matter but does a trivial item like this really deserve such ire?

I thought it was just me thinking that.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

It seems that anything deserves ire now that it is not the cosy little members club it once was

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the Henfield One deserves a little bit of respect for all he did, certainly did a hell of a lot more than I did and 99% of nsc during the dark days to get the club to Falmer. If he feels like he does he has every right to express his feelings without being ridiculed imo.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I think the Henfield One deserves a little bit of respect for all he did, certainly did a hell of a lot more than I did and 99% of nsc during the dark days to get the club to Falmer. If he feels like he does he has every right to express his feelings without being ridiculed imo.
Spot on.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I agree completely with regard to him deserving respect, absolutely 100%

However, his efforts on our collective behalf should also not deify him or anyone else to the degree that disagreeing with them or questioning them is seen as "ridicule".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree completely with regard to him deserving respect, absolutely 100%

However, his efforts on our collective behalf should also not deify him or anyone else to the degree that disagreeing with them or questioning them is seen as "ridicule".

Sure but lets show a bit of respect.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

'ridiculed' :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You are up there with the biggest exaggerators on this board.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I have just read the email myself and then had a look what was on offer. I'm really rather peeved that the onesie's haven't been reduced in price. That way all the bedwetters could have got themselves one, curled up on the sofa and then cried themselves to sleep. Shame.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Get a sense of perspective, eh? A board that is "so out of touch with supporters" would be Cardiff or Hull or Blackburn or even Man U. All our club has done is send a cheeky marketing email soon after we lose a 5th round replay to Premiership opposition.

Agreed. It seems that way.

As mentioned I really can't get stressed about an email - this just seems like someone junior was a bit too eager to 'press send'.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
'ridiculed' :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You are up there with the biggest exaggerators on this board.

I do not think so. But we all have opinions. I personally thought the e mail was totally lacking in class. Ok it was only an e mail and we can all ignore it but 30 minutes after we have been knocked out of a cup competition lots of people still cherish to try and flog some stuff to the client bank of consumers ? Nah,not for me.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
No, it IS necessary. Our debt was £14m last year, the club needs to sell it's stock.

Sorry but if the club have a lot of stock to shift then they only have themselves to blame. A new shirt that was only ever going to be worn of 1 season and then dumped as a new manufacture takes over in the summer, I'd guess a number of supporters would hold back on buying.

First year at the Amex and they sold out of the new shirt (shirt lasted 2 seasons) and we had to wait for more stock to come in. I think the club maybe under estimated the cash-cow other wise know as the supporters.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I do not think so. But we all have opinions. I personally thought the e mail was totally lacking in class. Ok it was only an e mail and we can all ignore it but 30 minutes after we have been knocked out of a cup competition lots of people still cherish to try and flog some stuff to the client bank of consumers ? Nah,not for me.

But do you agree that no one has been ridiculed?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No-one's being disrespectful to the person you're referring to. I'd say that Tony Bloom is the one being maligned unfairly here.

Fair comment Buzzer. Feelings run high sometimes I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here