Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Usernames

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I liked it when you were Blackadder.

Many incarnations of Nsc ago, I was still living in Yorkshire and posted as Yorkshire Seagull (it's still that on brightonfans) It was when we had to type in our name on each post. One of my mates at football decided to call me Yorkie and it stuck.
Since then I have returned from exile but got stuck with the nickname (in real life as well as online)

I was thinking the same. That's what I'll go back to :thumbsup:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Nickname used to be eggy- based on wizard from Big trouble in little China- added the 'mundo' for a Latin feel.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
its my NAME innit

Same here. Which is f***ing fortunate considering I was born in Sussex and was a Leeds supporter to the age of 11, when I was bought off with a Brighton hat and scarf (and told that if I EVER wanted to watch live football, I had to be a Brighton fan). Only through sheer fluke do I find myself living in Hampshire, and being a Brighton supporter!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Because he couldn't!!! I remeber clearly a shot he took whıch bounced off the top of the South Stand. he couldn't have got it more wrong if he tried!!!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Usernames went something like:

Barry (moved to Chester, so...) -> Cheshire Seagull -> (There was another Cheshire Seagull, so...) Cheshire Dolphin (moved to Shizuoka, so...) -> Shizuoka Dolphin

All down to geography and other such boring details.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
starting as Ned Ludd from a daft sense of humour about modern technology.
Now shortened for ease.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Used to be Croydon Seagull, because I lived there and I thought it would piss off any Palace fans visiting NSC. After I moved back to Sussex, Lush seemed appropriate due to my general fondness for alcohol and particularly after a rather unsavoury incident at the Centenary Dinner.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Because I love the Cannonball Run and Burt Reynolds lovely moustache. I use JJ or JJ McClure on multiple websites and computer games.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mine derives from Roz's very first post on the old NSC.

She had a spare ticket available for the first game of the season (away at Southend) and was prepared to sell it to any Albion fan who arranged to meet her on the train to the game.

"It'll be in my handbag" she posted.

"A haaandbaaag?" I said, all Edith Evans like.

And Roz immediately adopted the username Lady Bracknell.

Mine followed on from that.
Blimey I remember that, I didn't realise neither of you had posted before. I settled on 'old fat and bald' about that time too. And did MoH ever get that cat?

Used to be Croydon Seagull, because I lived there and I thought it would piss off any Palace fans visiting NSC. After I moved back to Sussex, Lush seemed appropriate due to my general fondness for alcohol and particularly after a rather unsavoury incident at the Centenary Dinner.
That was a classic! My wife still asks after you!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I used to DJ using the moniker 'Big Al'. Some people thought Big Al was naff and old hat, so changed it to 'Large Al'. From there it was 'Oh you want 'im over there - the large one...'

It has now kind of been made even more appropriate with my change of career a year or so ago. I suppose I ought to call myself The Extra Large One now.

:down:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I lived in the country and support the seagulls. Horribly dull. Had I known it would carry on for all these years, I would have chosen something far more exciting. Maybe a change of name is in order!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here