Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Usernames

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
You have a modem server? What do you do with it in this day and age?

We have one (well, 4, actually...) in work for claims transmissions from pharmacies using the antique versions of our software but I've not seen one outside of work in YEARS.

It was there to share a 'net connection through a firewall, before we got broadband, and I kept it there just in case broadband ever failed - which it didn't.

I'm going to clear it out this week, but there will be a small hole in my life where that P90 with 64 meg ram, (running redhat 6 i think) used to be. :nono:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
It was there to share a 'net connection through a firewall, before we got broadband, and I kept it there just in case broadband ever failed - which it didn't.

I'm going to clear it out this week, but there will be a small hole in my life where that P90 with 64 meg ram, (running redhat 6 i think) used to be. :nono:

I've similar feelings for my PMac5400 running BeOS 5 PowerPC - has served its purpose (I no longer develop for BeOS 5, only 6+) but I don't want to chuck it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My first post so hello all,
I am involved with the bonfire celebrations in Lewes on Nov 5th so it couldn't be anything else really

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
nickname and a shortened version of Bradders innit

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
At the Goldstone my uncle Neil used to refer to the punters in the north stand as nutters, so when I was a big boy I migrated from the south stand (squealers) to the north and became ,by definition, a NUTTER.

Mine derives from Roz's very first post on the old NSC.

She had a spare ticket available for the first game of the season (away at Southend) and was prepared to sell it to any Albion fan who arranged to meet her on the train to the game.

"It'll be in my handbag" she posted.

"A haaandbaaag?" I said, all Edith Evans like.

And Roz immediately adopted the username Lady Bracknell.

Mine followed on from that.

As a postscript to the story ... the best Bracknell moment EVER was when Roz phoned up a Southern Counties Radio phone in about Falmer when studio guests were Paul Samrah and Ken Bodfish (see my signature). For the purpose of the phone call, she decided to call herself "Lady Bracknell".

When the call was finished, Ken Bodfish turned to Paul Samrah and said, in all seriousness, "Brighton certainly attract supporters from a wide range of society. Is she an hereditary peeress?"

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My nickname when I were a nipper.

I wondered where you got yours from Buzzer.

I changed my from Buzza down to Buzz when another NSC member started talking me to about a "disagreement" we'd had on-line in the Sportsman. (I think it was about goalkeepers?) I hadn't a clue what he was talking about. It turned out he'd been talking to your goodself. I may change my name again soon.

Oh, and the Buzza is our nickname of a pub we used to meet up in Haywards Heath prior to a game - The Burrell Arms.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Pinched the name for NSC lpurposes from a DJ at a "70's night" I went to in Leeds once, back when I used to live in Harrogate. 1998-ish probably.

Would like to change it, and have thought about it many times, but think I am most likely stuck with it now.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Mine's an anagram - of Gary Hart fan!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wondered where you got yours from Buzzer.

I changed my from Buzza down to Buzz when another NSC member started talking me to about a "disagreement" we'd had on-line in the Sportsman. (I think it was about goalkeepers?) I hadn't a clue what he was talking about. It turned out he'd been talking to your goodself. I may change my name again soon.

Oh, and the Buzza is our nickname of a pub we used to meet up in Haywards Heath prior to a game - The Burrell Arms.

I liked it when you were Blackadder.

Many incarnations of Nsc ago, I was still living in Yorkshire and posted as Yorkshire Seagull (it's still that on brightonfans) It was when we had to type in our name on each post. One of my mates at football decided to call me Yorkie and it stuck.
Since then I have returned from exile but got stuck with the nickname (in real life as well as online)

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
When I started watching footie in the eighties it was the number one haircut. Most of the top boys in Brighton had the perm at the back. They called themselves West Streeter's.
Fortunately times have moved on.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
My name is Rob Dean, so I just added an 'ee-oh' to the end to make it sound a bit more Brazilian...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here