Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Usernames

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mine comes from a failed 1950s attempt to give the club a nickname. It's a portmanteau word from 'Brighton and Hove Albion' I was born in the 1950s and I fail at lots of things so it seemed quite appropriate! One of the things I failed at was spelling it properly. I was called BroviAn for several years until someone posted an article with the nickname story and I realised it's 'Albion' not 'Albian'

Before that I was called 'old fat and bald' (ofab).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mine comes from a failed 1950s attempt to give the club a nickname. It's a portmanteau word from 'Brighton and Hove Albion' I was born in the 1950s and I fail at lots of things so it seemed quite appropriate! One of the things I failed at was spelling it properly. I was called BroviAn for several years until someone posted an article with the nickname story and I realised it's 'Albion' not 'Albian'

Before that I was called 'old fat and bald' (ofab).

portmanteau - word of the day :bowdown:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I used to live with abunch of students at the top of bear road, thats what we called ourselves.

Mine was a nickname of sorts, cos people said with my goalkeeping skills i could play as the Vatian City's No.2 Keeper behind the Pope. When its put like that it sounds bad but i'm actually ok in goal. Its just a nickname i like.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because about the first four I tried were already taken;

Southampton Seagull
Hampshire Seagull
Eastleigh Seagull, etc...

so I went for something completely different, that without giving too much away, immediately establishes the era that I fell in love with the Albion.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
my name is dave and i like the odd drop of guinness :drink:

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I was given the comic in my avatar by an uncle when I was five.

I then collected every issue they printed 225 in total.

All in the loft now and worth a few bob.

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Mine is in relation to the best non-league team in Sussex!

Well, north Sussex maybe.

In fact, probably just in the Horsham district but it's still a great team!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When I was working in a kitchen in Australia last year, one of the guys there, a welshman called Jess decided I should be called Badger and hence that's what I was called for the next 3 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here