Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up to £41 for a match day ticket at the Amex next season, too much?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I could not afford to live in Brighton, I'm homeless as it is.

But..........

you did make a decision at some point to move away from Brighton ?

And I did as well and cost me loads to get back here, but I did

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I have seen the clubs available seating plan and there are quite a few single seats in stands where people have moved. They should move people by a few seats to get blocks for sale, lot of lost revenue imo

I think this is a very good point, there can't be many people who would be buying one ticket: most people would be going with family/friends?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As they tweeted today, a season ticket now represents the equivilent of getting 8 games free compared to match by match prices. They want to put people off buying one off tickets and try to make sure they get ST's, even if they have to miss a few games and there's no ticket exchange. Which is all a shame.

It's not a question of fault, and I do organise myself as best as possible, taking advantage of lots of good folk on NSC for match day tickets via the ticket exchange wherever possible, and organising car share to matches. Last season I managed 14 trips to the Amex and 14 away matches too, but for someone who is not part of the NSC community, and wanting to attend a match on a casual basis for whatever reason, I still think £41 is prohibitive.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Unless we have a spectacular season on the pitch, tickets will not be difficult to come by at all either via the club directly or via unofficial channels such as the NSC ticket exchange where thousands of pounds of tickets were passed on last year.

I agree entirely, but shirley is would be better to have a full ground and tickets sold for a few quid each less (making more money from pies, beers and programmes), than to potentially have our amazing stadium with 3-4,000 empty seats.

I suspect next season we will be pretty full most of the time, but can see some big gaps for less attractive opponents.

Perhaps the club should have started a grading system for tickets, as happens at other clubs in this division.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
So the most expensive tickets are in central WSL. How many tickets will be available there on a match-to-match basis? Surely there are lots of (better value) STs there anyway?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not a question of fault, and I do organise myself as best as possible, taking advantage of lots of good folk on NSC for match day tickets via the ticket exchange wherever possible, and organising car share to matches. Last season I managed 14 trips to the Amex and 14 away matches too, but for someone who is not part of the NSC community, and wanting to attend a match on a casual basis for whatever reason, I still think £41 is prohibitive.

I bet you don't have to pay £41 for a ticket next season.

A WSU season ticket is c£450 for the season, I think. That means a WSUer can pass on their season ticket for a game, at cost, of £20.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Jesus the issues with dealing with the only gay in the village...................

We both know how you would like to deal with him

26087_326840471355_5519075_n.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree entirely, but shirley is would be better to have a full ground and tickets sold for a few quid each less (making more money from pies, beers and programmes), than to potentially have our amazing stadium with 3-4,000 empty seats.

If there are that many empty UNSOLD seats next season (as there will always be a lot of empty, but sold seats) then it will be because we have run out of fans given our meteoric rise, it won't be a pricing issue.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I bet you don't have to pay £41 for a ticket next season.

A WSU season ticket is c£450 for the season, I think. That means a WSUer can pass on their season ticket for a game, at cost, of £20.

I bet I won't either, but that's because I use the ticket exchange, but many people don't use NSC.

The issue is WHY are the Albion increasing prices by such an amount?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I cannot see us selling out every game at the Amex next season with the prices being so high. I just need to get a job quick before all season tickets sell out or I will not be able to get to as many games as I want to next season. But on the bright side, I will probably be seeing more of Lewes next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here