Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up to £41 for a match day ticket at the Amex next season, too much?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You get what you pay for i suppose , i cant remember walking away from a match at the amex last season thinking i had not got my moneys worth , yes its above average but what do people expect to pay ? A fantastic stadium , world class players in the squad , and with a chicken balti pie on the horizon i myself think its worth the extra.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Like most I'll pay what it takes to watch the Albion play within reason, but can understand it will price alot of fans out. If it includes travel its still not bad value.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well that theory is in fact untested. Like I said we will see, but I fully expect to see empty seats in the South Stand at quite a few games next season unless we are top 6.

I don't disagree for one minute with that as the quality of the football will dictate crowds as well

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Which clubs in the Championship have the most affluent fans? I guess with £41 tickets we are definitely testing our fan base.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry BOF and I can understand your situation but yes the reality is in this part of the country people are more than willing to pay that per game

In some places in the South they have to give tickets away on Groupon.....................and they get a free fire thrown in too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In some places in the South they have to give tickets away on Groupon.....................and they get a free fire thrown in too.

Which is understandable given the area

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Sadly not, this is the reality of the North / South divide - people have a lot more spare cash in the South for leisure activities such as this
Maybe, but possibly you should replace 'don't want to' with 'can't' at least, it's possible I was over-emotive in my initial response :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Market rate, perhaps the OP is slightly out of touch with the south and the fact people can easily afford this and those that don't want to give way to a waiting list of people who can.

Maybe I've missed something - are you suggesting there's a waiting list for Albion tickets?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maybe I've missed something - are you suggesting there's a waiting list for Albion tickets?

Good point and no perhaps I was wrong but the point I am making is that I think there is still enough disposal income to sell these spare tickets (providing the quality of the football is there)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For a home match for me it could be

500 mile journey @ 40 mpg = £70
Match ticket £41
Food and drink £12
Total £123 to see a second division match.

Not easy for Rich Suvner's such as Beachy, but for a Northern public sector worker it is big potatoes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sorry BOF and I can understand your situation but yes the reality is in this part of the country people are more than willing to pay that per game

Well, people are willing to pay that much (as seen at some grounds in the south), but are the long termers going to be priced out? You talk about quality/results being dependant on attendances later on.

I would be there every game if it were £20 a ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Match ticket £41
Food and drink £12

Not easy for Rich Suvner's such as Beachy, but for a Northern public sector worker it is big potatoes.

Hang on a minute the fact you are along way from the amex is a personal choice surely ?

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
As a uni student from loughborough, a season ticket isn't really a viable option because of how few games I can get back for, it is increasingly getting to the point where I'm even having to choose the games I can go to when I'm back! Originally I was hoping to go to pretty much all the games (if I could get a ticket). The increase in prices will see me be able to go to less games simply from a financial perspective, however, I would still expect a sell out every game. There will also be plenty of people who can afford to go! Basic supply and demand really...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Match ticket £41
Food and drink £12

Very true. Whilst your case is an extreme one, Beach Hut is assuming that everyone lives within the travel voucher zone (seemingly) with his ethos.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very true. Whilst your case is an extreme one, Beach Hut is assuming that everyone lives within the travel voucher zone (seemingly) with his ethos.

No I am not, the point I am making is do not underestimate disposable income

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unless we have a spectacular season on the pitch, tickets will not be difficult to come by at all either via the club directly or via unofficial channels such as the NSC ticket exchange where thousands of pounds of tickets were passed on last year.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As they tweeted today, a season ticket now represents the equivilent of getting 8 games free compared to match by match prices. They want to put people off buying one off tickets and try to make sure they get ST's, even if they have to miss a few games and there's no ticket exchange. Which is all a shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here