Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up to £41 for a match day ticket at the Amex next season, too much?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Yes, there probably is more to life than that but I certainly don't have the answer !

The thing with children is that there is no financial balance with them. You don't look at them and think shit, you're expensive. Instead you look at the and think - f***, I love you and would do anything I could to make you happy. You tend to blend the cost into your everyday life. I don't expect anyone without children to understand but there you go. I'll sacrifice the Albion for my children. That said they are both desperate to go to the Amex again so hopefully fortune will shine on us and I can find the money.

great answer

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Fair enough. I think it's fairly obvious that where everybody goes wrong is having children. Yes, I'm sure it's a special moment and an amazing experience, but I'm even more sure that it totally fucks up your entire life. It's ok if you're a woman as you've probably not got much to lose (without wishing to sound disrespectful), but as a man I can't help but feel it's a terrible mistake.

Out of interest, what second job do you have that allows you to work 10 hours a month?

I work as a PA to a young man with special needs 2.5hrs a week to take him to a youth club

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The thread is somewhat skewed by the maximum ticket price of £41 being quoted to grab the banner headline. I have never paid £41 to attend a match outside of Wembley, and it would have to be a pretty frigging important one for me to even consider it. The reality is, there will be very few (if any) WSL tickets on sale for that premium. A miniscule number.

From my point of view as a STH in the WSU, I am paying £490 a season, or £21 per match via my d/d. Individual tickets there at £32 would mount up to £736. So I am saving £246 a season, which is almost 8 "free" games compared with the match-by-match price. With transport included. That, to me, is OUTSTANDING value. £21 for that seat is a no-brainer.

£32 is a fair old wedge for an individual match in the WSU, slightly softened by the "free" transport aspect built in. But then the stadium is stupendous, the view spectacular, and the whole matchday experience I think is brilliant. And its a price that is pretty much in line with most clubs at this level, so come the Cup games which I'll have to pay for, I'll still be shelling out (and maybe cutting back on the pub for a week or two). The point is, I don't think £32, with £4 of it covering my transport, is too unreasonable. Chances are if we've got some lower-league monkeys they'll cut the price anyway.

I'll be over at Christmas again this year and I'm stoked that we have TWO home games during the time I'll be in Blighty. I'd be happy to pay a ton to go and see those games because I know they are the only games I will get to see all year.

As you pointed out the price per game if you have a season ticket is MUCH less so the only people that have a right to moan about this are the ones who only get to a few home games a year. But based on my experience at the 3-0 win against Southampton back in January, it's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

41 quid?

Bargain.

(It does help if you transfer sterling into Japanese yen and compare what 41 notes would buy you in Tokyo though.)

Yes, there probably is more to life than that but I certainly don't have the answer !

The thing with children is that there is no financial balance with them. You don't look at them and think shit, you're expensive. Instead you look at the and think - f***, I love you and would do anything I could to make you happy. You tend to blend the cost into your everyday life. I don't expect anyone without children to understand but there you go. I'll sacrifice the Albion for my children. That said they are both desperate to go to the Amex again so hopefully fortune will shine on us and I can find the money.

I don't have kids Westdene, but this is how it should be...great answer!
Without going too off topic I only wish all parents were like you. :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't the £41 figure hypothetical ? For a home cup game the club wouldn't want to lose revenue by charging that figure.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Disposable income bollocks. Football should not cost £40 a throw.

Exactly. £40+ for second level football is by any measure excessive. I don't have a ST as I do not want/am unable to attend all home games, and as a ST in the prem starts at £300 (OK Wigan) - not sure they represent value either

I feel with constant fixture switching for TV (money again), overpaid mediocre players, and high pricing; football continues to alienate core fans

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does anyone know what away supporters will be charged for tickets this year?

It was £24 last season so I suspect £28 next season, unless the club are going to charge them the same fee as the East Stand it will be perhaps £34-37.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'll be over at Christmas again this year and I'm stoked that we have TWO home games during the time I'll be in Blighty. I'd be happy to pay a ton to go and see those games because I know they are the only games I will get to see all year.

As you pointed out the price per game if you have a season ticket is MUCH less so the only people that have a right to moan about this are the ones who only get to a few home games a year. But based on my experience at the 3-0 win against Southampton back in January, it's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

41 quid?

Bargain.

(It does help if you transfer sterling into Japanese yen and compare what 41 notes would buy you in Tokyo though.)

Do you follow the game over there and have you seen the excellent book on Japanese football grounds (in English) written by our very own Shizoko Dolphin?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Do you follow the game over there and have you seen the excellent book on Japanese football grounds (in English) written by our very own Shizoko Dolphin?

I manage to keep in touch with Albion stuff entirely on the internet (streaming games etc). As for the tellybox, Japan really only shows Champs league and top end Premiership matches and I suspect there's gonna be a Merchandise United wankathon over the next few years because they signed a Japanese player last month.

I didn't know Shiz wrote a book on Japanese footy grounds. I'll have to check it out.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
He's been well into Jap footie for a while & follows his'local' team and, from the pics I've seen on his fb, has a great time travelling with the locals and some ex-pats. It really looks like a good, friendly, day out.

I especially remember his trip to a venue up north (the name escapes me) and how beautiful the city looked only for it to be decimated by the tsunami a month or so later.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
You can get season tickets in the North and West Upper wings for only£35.41 a month.
I think what other people are trying to say is for a leasure activity there isn't alot to find on a monthley basis if you want to go, the fact that transport is included makes it great value. Its easily alot cheeper than what people can easily spent on other non-essentials like nights out drinking, smoking, cinema, theatre etc...
It is quite suprising how much a price of a pint has gone up in the last 10 years say, some places its easily over £4. People wouldn't expect a landlord to charge half that as hes got a buisness to run.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Albion have increased match day prices by £4 a ticket for the upcoming season.

This means that North and South stand tickets are £28 each (£30 if book over the internet), East stand is £34-37 (£36-38 if internet), and West Stand £32-39 (£34 to £41 (if internet).

Makes the price of a ST seem a bargain, but does seem very expensive otherwise.

Way, way too much for a team at our level frankly.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It's to pay for Michael Owens wages when he arrives this week !! :moo: :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here