Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unlucky lads

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have a life thanks but it pisses me off when idiots like you turn on a fan of another club for no apparent reason other than he's from Merseyside. I think it's you who needs to get a life.
Ok i'll let your remark go..

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What does that mean?

It's means I've spent a lot of my life in the North of England and even though I now live in London, I can only recall once something thinking I was a "cockney".

People from major cities like Liverpool are used to people from all over the country visiting and just like I can tell the difference between something from Manchester and Liverpool, they can tell the difference between those from London and not.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
You lot really are an embarrassment - The Tranmere fans were really friendly before, and after the game - no snidey remarks when we came out the stadium - couple of times they came up and said we should have had a penalty! The stewards were spot on, and apart from the result a good day out - then I come on here and see what you tossers serve up to the Tranmere fan, very short memories some of you - or most likely to young to remember the really bad times and the help we got from other supporters.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You lot really are an embarrassment - The Tranmere fans were really friendly before, and after the game - no snidey remarks when we came out the stadium - couple of times they came up and said we should have had a penalty! The stewards were spot on, and apart from the result a good day out - then I come on here and see what you tossers serve up to the Tranmere fan, very short memories some of you - or most likely to young to remember the really bad times and the help we got from other supporters.

Always very friendly the times I've been there and as I said, nice pub outside the ground.

Did once get hassled to buy tickers for the home game by a couple of addicts outside, but I'll let that go :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ah, you're one of those people who, having read the term "must have" God knows how many times in your life, still, still think it's "of". Why FFS ?? :shootself Why?

I would of thought there was anything wrong with his grammar; but then, even if there was, I wouldn't of bothered corrected it ;)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's means I've spent a lot of my life in the North of England and even though I now live in London, I can only recall once something thinking I was a "cockney".

People from major cities like Liverpool are used to people from all over the country visiting and just like I can tell the difference between something from Manchester and Liverpool, they can tell the difference between those from London and not.
I've also spent a fair bit of time up north and meeting loads of people abroad.You are talking out of your arse.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008

I think most people could tell the difference between a Manc and a scouser.

Maybe you don't have much of an accent if you have spent "a lot of your life in the North" and "now live in London".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think most people could tell the difference between a Manc and a scouser.

Maybe you don't have much of an accent if you have spent "a lot of your life in the North" and "now live in London".

Not sure what that means to be honest, there is definately a London accent that is different from someone brought up in Sussex ?

When the cockneys come down to Withdean, you can hear the difference surely ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not sure what that means to be honest, there is definately a London accent that is different from someone brought up in Sussex ?
I know that but northerners don't.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
The best northerners I have ever come across and continue to come across are Geordies...whether that be through work or on holiday I always find that to be the case. However, one must realise that there is good and bad in everyone and in the case of this Tranmere supporter he should be commended on coming on here and showing support - a tremendous example to us all.

I would of thought there was anything wrong with his grammar; but then, even if there was, I wouldn't of bothered corrected it ;)

I've had to read this 3 times to know WTF you mean- shouldnt that start "I wouldn't..." It's so annoying when you have to read every other post twice because someone hasn't taken the trouble to construct their sentences properly. :nono:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Lovely Algie, not sure what warranted that. Perhaps I conduct myself differently when speaking to "foreigners"
You can conduct yourself differently as much as you like but it won't change the fact that northerners will pick up certain words and obviously your accent.
Foreigners is a bad choice of word i'm affraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here