Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unite PRICKS

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Erm, what makes the mods think this is a picture of a disabled kid? I don't see a kid with a disability, I see a kid overly excited about winning some minor award. Rather stupid to ban someone because it is a mod's opinion the kid has a disability.

Is it because the mods got called to account because they weren't maintaining the board as per the registration agreement, which is very clearly spelled out?

Anyhow, why no ban for the gratuitous insult of another poster in a completely irrelevant thread? I guess the mods are even less consistant than the referees we have to put up with.

Hello Poyet Laureate :wave:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I can see both sides to the argument but why ruin your average Joe's summer holiday? The holidaymakers aren't responsible for ruining the economy or the lack of 'acceptable' payrise. Doing it over the summer and over the august bank holiday is a f***ing disgrace in my opinion.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can see both sides to the argument but why ruin your average Joe's summer holiday? The holidaymakers aren't responsible for ruining the economy or the lack of 'acceptable' payrise. Doing it over the summer and over the august bank holiday is a f***ing disgrace in my opinion.

I think that the Unite members will say that they can't afford luxuries like holidays (or something similar). however there are two sides to this, BAA management have often had double standards in any case. As far as going on strike when people go on holiday, well there wouldn't be much of a threat if they decided to wait until October and November could they.

Granted I'm not going anywhere for a while but this is about holidays. You can in fact go without a holiday or else not go abroad, there are alternatives. However, what about people who strike who do work for much needed services ? Rail workers for example ? I've been stuck in London thanks to a lightening strike for some petty reason before now and up until recently not being able to get to work would have cost me wages. What about council workers who won't pick up your rubbish ?

I don't have that much sympathy for the BAA but there again there's a lot of people who can't afford a holiday who care even less. The Unite members do have a far better case than the morons at British Airways however.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I am a Unite rep. Not in this section but a housing worker.

the true facts are that this isnt just over a bonus, but also over a below inflation pay rise of 1%, after suffering a pay freeze last year.

Having said that the striike actions was voted for by over 75% of the members on a vote of more than 50% of the members. Unite is a democratic union that represents the wishes of its members affected by this issue.

Representatives of the strikers will be invited to speak to members of my branch and members I represent will be asked to make donations to help the strikers, if they do indeed go out on strike.

For it to do anything else would be a betrayal of the members who have paid their subs.

People mistake trade unions for some sort of quasi governmental body that should do what the public and not what their members want. Theyre not.

This is why people who work in unionised workplaces enjoy better pay, terms and conditions and more security from unfair dismissal. Trade Unions for the most part do a good job. Industrial action whilst only a small part of the tools trade unions use are a necessary and often effective tool.

Im sorry if peoples holidays are effected, but not as sympathetic as I am for workers who face a second consecutive cut in their living conditions.

I used to be a member of amicus but stopped because I didn't feel like I was getting much for my £10 a month. I think I'm going to re-join to be honest because a couple of people have been treated fairly badly at work recently but decisions were reversed because they had the legal repesentation of the union. Despite my views on Unite and the goings on at BA I think I'm going to take mambership as an insurance policy should they ever try and shaft me.

The problem with trades unions is that they are so subjective to the industry you work in. At my company we've been on a pay freeze for two years now and despite a high union membership in some areas (with unite) there has never been any hint of any conflict with the bosses about it.

Why? Because our customer isn't joe public. If we went on strike the company would be in breach of service contracts which would be torn up and the company would go bust within a month- everybody loses.

If they could prove that the BAA bosses are getting massive pay rises while offering 1% to general workers then they might have a point, but they haven't shown any evidence of it. To me, unite just sound like they're rattling cages for political reasons. As CaM says - why ruin peoples holidays?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why do you think unionites have blind faith rather than considered opinion. Read the posts. There is Fireman who has posted whose union is taking no action but they have a pay freeze. There are plenty of unions that aren't proposing strikes but of course they are not in the headlines.

There will be companies that are struggling to make ends meet and will not be giving pay rises but there will also be companies that will take advantage of the economic climate and use that as an excuse to keep their costs down and profits up.

Just a correction

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So, to all those sheep who posted 'pricks' because the first poster did the same, did you bother to read the article in full? Maybe but if you did, you have conveniently ignored the fact the dispute is about a 1% pay offer, the withdrawal of a £700 bonus that should have been paid if the company made a profit (which they did), and changes to the company sickness policy. Now, I don't know what their policy is but no doubt all you sheep will jump to conclusions. BAA knew there was going to be a ballot but have not discussed anything with the Union for four months, according to reports. Perhaps they are getting their man management notes from Willie Walsh!!!!

So, to all you 'pricks' out there, hands up who would meekly relinquish £700 that you rightly deserve?

Baaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

My payrise this year was ZERO %
I don't get a bonus
I bet thousands of hours are lost due to alledged sickness each year
If unions have the pathetic right to try and hold the govt to ransom then I have the pathetic right to call you lot PRICKS

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Baaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

My payrise this year was ZERO %
I don't get a bonus
I bet thousands of hours are lost due to alledged sickness each year
If unions have the pathetic right to try and hold the govt to ransom then I have the pathetic right to call you lot PRICKS

Which union are holding the Government to ransom? You should either get a job with better prospects or at least get yourself an education!!!!

Oh and by the way, I am assuming you are one of these marvellous specimens of the human pool who has never taken a sick day in your life. Well done. Give yourself a slap on the back.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
That Union are a real problem. Nearly every time there is news of industrial action on TV, it involves them. They are rapidly becoming the new "enemy within" like the unions of the 70 and 80s.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
So, to all those sheep who posted 'pricks' because the first poster did the same, did you bother to read the article in full? Maybe but if you did, you have conveniently ignored the fact the dispute is about a 1% pay offer, the withdrawal of a £700 bonus that should have been paid if the company made a profit (which they did), and changes to the company sickness policy. Now, I don't know what their policy is but no doubt all you sheep will jump to conclusions. BAA knew there was going to be a ballot but have not discussed anything with the Union for four months, according to reports. Perhaps they are getting their man management notes from Willie Walsh!!!!

So, to all you 'pricks' out there, hands up who would meekly relinquish £700 that you rightly deserve?

You little leftie scum make me sick! You should think yourselves lucky to be getting any pay rise in these difficult times "new" Labour have saddled us with. How the f*** do they deserve a bonus when they failed to achieve the target?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was due to go for my monthly visit to see my wife and kids for the BH weekend, flights all booked and paid for so I'm the the Pricks camp.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Which union are holding the Government to ransom? You should either get a job with better prospects or at least get yourself an education!!!!

Oh and by the way, I am assuming you are one of these marvellous specimens of the human pool who has never taken a sick day in your life. Well done. Give yourself a slap on the back.

What has an education got to do with whether or not you join a union. To be honest I always feel that union members are within the underachievers section of society who have to get other people to fight for them as they cannot be bothered themselves.

Has it escaped your attention span that the country is in a recession still, hence its only unions that are publicly whinging over lack of payrises.

I can't remember taking any "sickies" in my working life, but then I havent a union to mop my hungover brow and say poor thing, you sit at home and recover.

Maybe if BAA workers took a few less days off sick then they would have acheived their bonus.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
A pay freeze for most of us. No bonuses no matter how "close" we get to a target. No ability to strike because it affects the people we work for. And more to the point, no facetious, smiling wanker that appears on GMTV laughing at the people he is pissing off. This looks more like Unite trying to make up for losing to BA on a regular basis - they must have been haemoraghing members who saw them as incompetent fools - so they are going for their next attempt to look like a capable union that takes the money from members and can actually produce.

Drew is being economical with the evidence here. The bonus was based on meeting targets - they missed. The pay rise on offer was 1% with an extra 0.5% based on the acceptance of a structured annual leave package. That's 1% and an extra 0.5% that hundreds of thousands of people didn't get this year. Or last. Or next year probably as well. Unite have asked for a 7% pay rise - that is a serious pisstake and probably exists to the keep the Union bigwigs in nice cars and decent holidays (which, by the way, are not affected by the strike action as the Scottish twat pointed out on GMTV this morning when he was questioned). They will have no sympathy from the public who are on pay freezes and losing jobs at this time. Any attempt to point out that there are nasty companies who are using this time to oppress the workers is blown out of the water when you look at company returns and profits. The companies that make the money can pay the bonuses - those that don't, tighten their belts. If Unite wants to make a statement, strike in the week when the businessmen (capitalist pigs!) are flying and mess their schedules up, not the proles that you claim to align yourselves with.

Pricks.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I wonder if the "close enough" principle would work for the rest of us? How "close" does a bomb need to be to qualify as being within range for paying a bonus? 3% is a pretty big margin...

What about the engineers or accountants on here - do you reckon you could work within an acceptable tolerance of 3%?

Suppose the aircraft engineers worked to a tolerance of 3% being "good enough" - bet the Unite members would have something to whine about then!

As for comments about "get an education" - nice one Drew, you arent' Scottish and a major player for Unite by any chance are you - you display the same clear abilities when it comes to customer relations!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wonder if the "close enough" principle would work for the rest of us? How "close" does a bomb need to be to qualify as being within range for paying a bonus? 3% is a pretty big margin...

What about the engineers or accountants on here - do you reckon you could work within an acceptable tolerance of 3%?

Suppose the aircraft engineers worked to a tolerance of 3% being "good enough" - bet the Unite members would have something to whine about then!

As for comments about "get an education" - nice one Drew, you arent' Scottish and a major player for Unite by any chance are you - you display the same clear abilities when it comes to customer relations!

My wife's company missed a bonus level by £20 last year which is something like 0.00002%, yes people moaned but accepted if they work a bit harder this year they should get there

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You little leftie scum make me sick! You should think yourselves lucky to be getting any pay rise in these difficult times "new" Labour have saddled us with. How the f*** do they deserve a bonus when they failed to achieve the target?

The difficult times are due to the recession moron. Yes, labour overspent in some areas but what has cost us all is the gambles made by the banks who are now giving themselves very handsome bonuses. Perhaps you like to ignore that because it does sit comfortably with you right wing views.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The difficult times are due to the recession moron. Yes, labour overspent in some areas but what has cost us all is the gambles made by the banks who are now giving themselves very handsome bonuses. Perhaps you like to ignore that because it does sit comfortably with you right wing views.

You are absolutely rigfh about the bankers. Remind me who exactly relaxed the regulation of them?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford

Banks are making money - they are paying bonuses. Yes, we bailed them out and we should be seeing a return on that, but at the moment because Liebour shafted this country all ways up, we are having to sit tight and get through it. Note the use of "we". Not "us" and the Unite pricks who call a victory on a 51% turnout and 75% yes. 75% of 51%. Hardly representative when you look at it that way, huh? And I know it's a democratic right, etc, etc, but most people join a Union because they have no choice - it makes sense when it comes to having rights and protection, but Unite are not good at getting these "vote things" right, are they?

Airports are not making money, ergo they should not be paying a bonus. They missed a target and still want the bonus? Get real!

I wondered when the Union Rep would start on about left and right wing views...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here