Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unite PRICKS

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unite's Brendan Gold said it was not their intention to ruin people's summer holidays.
"The advice we would give to passengers is to put pressure on the company to come to reach a negotiated settlement," he told a news conference.

Yes Brendon, because of course its the passengers responsibility to enter into this dispute on behalf of your members isn't it.

Prick.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
You can bet upper management get bonuses when they miss the target by 3%.

Really?

So whats the boundry for getting this nearly bonus?

If you get tartget you get a bonus. If you miss the target by 3% you will get the same bonus anyway. If you miss the target by 10% you get 50% of the bonus.

You hit target, you get bonus. You miss target, you don't get bonus. That goes for anyone. Unless you Greek. Whereby if you are a tea maker you get a bonus if you make or use tea in your job.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Unite. Its quite a fasict group aint it. Do as we say, or we will strike. Then blame the big bad bosses who are steeling money and killing babies.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You had better not mess my holiday up because you close Heathrow you utter f***ing prick

Well then the responsibility falls on you, as a passenger, to start applying pressure on BAA to meet Unites demands. Because Brendon said so.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well then the responsibility falls on you, as a passenger, to start applying pressure on BAA to meet Unites demands. Because Brendon said so.

I am painting my protest banner now

Hey, Hey, BAA give them there bonus today
Please, Please, Please, do it right
Else your upset Gold and Unite

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
You can bet upper management get bonuses when they miss the target by 3%.

I was thinking that. Also upper management no doubt have a less demanding target and receive bigger bonuses.

The last company I worked for reduced the maximum bonus for ordinary staff to 5% from 10%. This was apparently because missing the 10% bonus would be demotivating, whereas missing a 5% bonus would be less so. Strangely at the same time the bonuses for senior management had their 10% cap removed. Theoretically the bonuses they could earn were limitless. This was not widely broadcast, but became widely known (one of the reasons I no longer work there). They justified this by the "increased risk managers faced".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Disgraceful thread.

The word "PRICKS" was in the title.

Good job Poyet Laureate hasn't posted in it, because that would make him a f***ing HYPOCRITE. :thumbsup:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Really?

So whats the boundry for getting this nearly bonus?

If you get tartget you get a bonus. If you miss the target by 3% you will get the same bonus anyway. If you miss the target by 10% you get 50% of the bonus.

You hit target, you get bonus. You miss target, you don't get bonus. That goes for anyone. Unless you Greek. Whereby if you are a tea maker you get a bonus if you make or use tea in your job.

Dunno, but it used to work for me. And I'd bet some of those bankers that got big bonuses even as they were bombing didn't hit their target. Unfair? Yes indeed. Did I still spend it? Yes indeed.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
We have targets where I work, and because they were hit, we are fortunate enough to receive a bonus this year. However if they were not, we would not get a bonus, and that would be that. Any employee who plans financially on the assumption that they will receive a bonus is exceptionally foolish - the clue's in the word BONUS.

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
I'm a trade union rep myself (not UNITE)
and even i think this beggars belief! Unions have to be realistic these in the current economic climate. Otherwise they just make PRICKS of themselves.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Interesting that, despite what the original poster would suggest, the argument is about pay (which is currently frozen) and terms of employment contract, and the (albeit ridiculous) issue of the bonus is just something they are bringing to the table.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I am painting my protest banner now

Hey, Hey, BAA give them there bonus today
Please, Please, Please, do it right
Else your upset Gold and Unite

Mabye we should put NSC money to good use and get a banner made simply saying:

unite - PRICKS

Take it to gatwick and stand on the roundabout if they strike

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports