Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unite PRICKS

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, to all those sheep who posted 'pricks' because the first poster did the same, did you bother to read the article in full? Maybe but if you did, you have conveniently ignored the fact the dispute is about a 1% pay offer, the withdrawal of a £700 bonus that should have been paid if the company made a profit (which they did), and changes to the company sickness policy. Now, I don't know what their policy is but no doubt all you sheep will jump to conclusions. BAA knew there was going to be a ballot but have not discussed anything with the Union for four months, according to reports. Perhaps they are getting their man management notes from Willie Walsh!!!!

So, to all you 'pricks' out there, hands up who would meekly relinquish £700 that you rightly deserve?

Last edited:

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
So, to all those sheep who posted 'pricks' because the first poster did the same, did you bother to read the article in full? Maybe but if you did, you have conveniently ignored the fact the dispute is about a 1% pay offer, the withdrawal of a £700 bonus that should have been paid if the company made a profit (which they did), and changes to the company sickness policy. Now, I don't know what their policy is but no doubt all you sheep will jump to conclusions. BAA knew there was going to be a ballot but have not discussed anything with the Union for four months, according to reports. Perhaps they are getting their man management notes from Willie Walsh!!!!

So, to all you 'pricks' out there, hands up who would meekly relinquish £700 that you rightly deserve?

Not many people are getting a pay rise at the moment - im not, why should they?
The bonus wasnt paid because they did not meet their target. A pre-agreed target.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unite. Its quite a fasict group aint it. Do as we say, or we will strike. Then blame the big bad bosses who are steeling money and killing babies.

Democratic vote for the ballot, it's the law.

Interesting that, despite what the original poster would suggest, the argument is about pay (which is currently frozen) and terms of employment contract, and the (albeit ridiculous) issue of the bonus is just something they are bringing to the table.

You can read, not sure you should be on this forum!!!

Not many people are getting a pay rise at the moment - im not, why should they?
The bonus wasnt paid because they did not meet their target. A pre-agreed target.

Perhaps you work for a company that is really struggling and that is why you don't get a pay rise. Maybe your bosses are raking it in and taking the piss with your pay. Just because one person in the UK doesn't get a payrise doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't. You think your argument has been considered by the bankers?

What would be interesting would be to see what the pay of senior management at BAA has been and whether they overall remuneration package has increased by more than 1%, ie including all the extra share options they would get and pension contributions!

Also, read the article, there are references to two bonus's.

Poyet Laureate

Nov 17, 2009
Slightly OT butPRICK

Ooooooh, big tough keyboard warrior.

you_win_the_prize.jpg

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Democratic vote for the ballot, it's the law.

You can read, not sure you should be on this forum!!!

Perhaps you work for a company that is really struggling and that is why you don't get a pay rise. Maybe your bosses are raking it in and taking the piss with your pay. Just because one person in the UK doesn't get a payrise doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't. You think your argument has been considered by the bankers?

What would be interesting would be to see what the pay of senior management at BAA has been and whether they overall remuneration package has increased by more than 1%, ie including all the extra share options they would get and pension contributions!

Also, read the article, there are references to two bonus's.

Actually, i'm a Fireman, i work for the public sector. Like most (if not all) public sector employees we have a 2 year pay freeze, totally against the pay formula we negotiated in 2004 after the strike. But are we balloting for strike action?.... no. Because the union appreciates the economy is screwed and we just have to take it on the chin.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
2 Sides to every story,good luck to them I say.A bit like royal mail since we had a pay rise. I am now approx £17 a week worse off!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Actually, i'm a Fireman, i work for the public sector. Like most (if not all) public sector employees we have a 2 year pay freeze, totally against the pay formula we negotiated in 2004 after the strike. But are we balloting for strike action?.... no. Because the union appreciates the economy is screwed and we just have to take it on the chin.

Fair enough. BAA is not in the public sector so they are not bound by the Governments austerity measures, only by their performance in the market place.

However, as you are being penalised for the mess the banks made, how do you feel about the fact they are now back in profit and awarding massive bonuses again? Why should the public sector be shafted unilaterally because of the 'pricks' in the banking sector?

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Fair enough. BAA is not in the public sector so they are not bound by the Governments austerity measures, only by their performance in the market place.

However, as you are being penalised for the mess the banks made, how do you feel about the fact they are now back in profit and awarding massive bonuses again? Why should the public sector be shafted unilaterally because of the 'pricks' in the banking sector?

Aha, yes, that is a different matter entirely. What do i think of it? :tosser: s
although i wouldnt never profess to know a lot about high finance and banking, i know enough to feel like just about everyone else on this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 Sides to every story,good luck to them I say.A bit like royal mail since we had a pay rise. I am now approx £17 a week worse off!!
A fact I'm:-
a) Still struggling with,
&
b) still unable to understand the hardcore unionites, blind faith.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A fact I'm:-
a) Still struggling with,
&
b) still unable to understand the hardcore unionites, blind faith.

Why do you think unionites have blind faith rather than considered opinion. Read the posts. There is Fireman who has posted whose union is taking action but they have a pay freeze. There are plenty of unions that aren't proposing strikes but of course they are not in the headlines.

There will be companies that are struggling to make ends meet and will not be giving pay rises but there will also be companies that will take advantage of the economic climate and use that as an excuse to keep their costs down and profits up.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
I wonder if the members of UNITE who proudly announced their membership on this little thread have any comment or indeed are walking out in support of their hard done by colleagues?
Do you belong to a Trades Union? - North Stand Chat

I am a Unite rep. Not in this section but a housing worker.

the true facts are that this isnt just over a bonus, but also over a below inflation pay rise of 1%, after suffering a pay freeze last year.

Having said that the striike actions was voted for by over 75% of the members on a vote of more than 50% of the members. Unite is a democratic union that represents the wishes of its members affected by this issue.

Representatives of the strikers will be invited to speak to members of my branch and members I represent will be asked to make donations to help the strikers, if they do indeed go out on strike.

For it to do anything else would be a betrayal of the members who have paid their subs.

People mistake trade unions for some sort of quasi governmental body that should do what the public and not what their members want. Theyre not.

This is why people who work in unionised workplaces enjoy better pay, terms and conditions and more security from unfair dismissal. Trade Unions for the most part do a good job. Industrial action whilst only a small part of the tools trade unions use are a necessary and often effective tool.

Im sorry if peoples holidays are effected, but not as sympathetic as I am for workers who face a second consecutive cut in their living conditions.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
the true facts are that this isnt just over a bonus, but also over a below inflation pay rise of 1%, after suffering a pay freeze last year.

I SERIOUSLY don't get it? Am i going mad or something? The country is f***ed and trade unions are bitching about their staff not getting a pay rise? Errr..... how about be happy the fuckers have a bloody job!

Inflation is mega low so pay rises are barely needed to keep up with living anyway, and at the end of the day if companies are made to pay bonus's they're not expecting/supposed to pay the only way they'll be able to pay is to make cuts so some will lose their jobs and the ones who are left will have worse working conditions for fractionally more money?

Who is advising these bloody CLOWNS?

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
I SERIOUSLY don't get it? Am i going mad or something? The country is f***ed and trade unions are bitching about their staff not getting a pay rise? Errr..... how about be happy the fuckers have a bloody job!

Inflation is mega low so pay rises are barely needed to keep up with living anyway, and at the end of the day if companies are made to pay bonus's they're not expecting/supposed to pay the only way they'll be able to pay is to make cuts so some will lose their jobs and the ones who are left will have worse working conditions for fractionally more money?

Without getting in the bigger question about why we are in a mess ...who caused it, who is paying for it and who is benefitting from it, there is something i dont get.

We have seen the banks and the bankers bankrupt western europe and the US, whilst paying themselves massive wages and bonuses. Then get bailed out by a trillion pounds of taxpayers money, only to pay themselves even more bonuses. This is being paid for by making doctors nurses teachers & policemen redundant.

Why then do people get so upset over a few BAA workers asking for a decent pay rise. They didnt cause the problems we face. Instead they pay for it, whilst those that caused the problems show nothing but contempt.

Lets not forget who the truly greedy pricks are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do you think unionites have blind faith rather than considered opinion. Read the posts. There is Fireman who has posted whose union is taking action but they have a pay freeze. There are plenty of unions that aren't proposing strikes but of course they are not in the headlines.

There will be companies that are struggling to make ends meet and will not be giving pay rises but there will also be companies that will take advantage of the economic climate and use that as an excuse to keep their costs down and profits up.
Sorry I was being insular.
I meant the blind faith of my colleagues in my office, and when I say blind, believe me, I really mean blind!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Good point well made.

Without getting in the bigger question about why we are in a mess ...who caused it, who is paying for it and who is benefitting from it, there is something i dont get.

We have seen the banks and the bankers bankrupt western europe and the US, whilst paying themselves massive wages and bonuses. Then get bailed out by a trillion pounds of taxpayers money, only to pay themselves even more bonuses. This is being paid for by making doctors nurses teachers & policemen redundant.

Why then do people get so upset over a few BAA workers asking for a decent pay rise. They didnt cause the problems we face. Instead they pay for it, whilst those that caused the problems show nothing but contempt.

Lets not forget who the truly greedy pricks are.
And here's the problem, because so is this.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooh, big tough keyboard warrior.

you_win_the_prize.jpg

Erm, what makes the mods think this is a picture of a disabled kid? I don't see a kid with a disability, I see a kid overly excited about winning some minor award. Rather stupid to ban someone because it is a mod's opinion the kid has a disability.

Is it because the mods got called to account because they weren't maintaining the board as per the registration agreement, which is very clearly spelled out?

Anyhow, why no ban for the gratuitous insult of another poster in a completely irrelevant thread? I guess the mods are even less consistant than the referees we have to put up with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here