Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uneventful situations which cause a KERFUFFLE in the work place

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
not filling up the pool cars with fuel after use. many a snotty email has been issued.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Air conditioning. Too hot for some, too cold for others. Our control panel is now under lock and key :rolleyes:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Someone replaced the English Breakfast Tea stand with Earl Grey. So now there are two trays of Earl Gray, and none of English Breakfast Tea. It's a f***ing disgrace

You must work with right FREAKS.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hydrocarbon leaks in the Compression Modules always seemed to cause a bit of an unnecessary FUSS to me - I mean it's not as if Oil Platforms ever catch fire & blow up is it? :dunce:

Air conditioning. Too hot for some, too cold for others. Our control panel is now under lock and key :rolleyes:

This brings back happy memories of when I worked for the late lamented NPI in T. Wells. The Peterborough Operation had a staff restaurant with free meals, we had a daily meal allowance. That in itself caused ill feeling.

Someone made the mistake of setting up a company forum to discuss items of common interest. One day somebody got a mouldy yoghurt in the canteen, didn't bother to complain at the time but decided to make a right song and dance about it on the forum. The correspondence went on for ages and I think it they stopped the forum as a result. If only I could recall the precise date I would claim it as the first known occurrence of a "Binfest"!

It makes me strangely nostalgic for all the trivia of office life.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Management team ordered confiscation of ALL waste paper baskets. Also women's electric fan heaters condemned. CARNAGE is ensuing

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
f*** me I couldn't work in an office.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I was a Radio 1 DJ , back in the 70's , and I used to welcome the new lady occupants of the studio with my special hugs . Now I've got Janet Street Porter and Esther Rantzen camped outside my door hissing at me when I go past . What is happening to the world today ?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Reading this thread, I feel really smug about working for myself (from an office at home). I like most people, but organisations can be really sh*t, can't they?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Our milk for hot drinks is paid for and its green lid semi skimmed. Some of the women workers ( well it is women!) bring in their own red lid fully skimmed. Occassionally the green lid semi gets all used up and people take (steal) some of the red fully skimmed instead. This causes utter mayhem and has resulted in numerous notices attached to the front of the fridges threatening the milk thieves with instant death. As it is when no one is around and I get bored I have great fun swapping the coloured lids over.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
We have double doors to the office, but each side locks and unlocks independently.

It is the unwritten convention that the left hand door should be unlocked, and the right hand remain locked.

If anyone ever does the opposite, the following CARNAGE ensues:
– people attempt to use the locked door, causing countless comedy 'pushing at a locked door' moments
– one of my colleagues ALWAYS goes into HUFFY SIGH DEFCON1 whilst making an OSCAR-WORTHY PERFORMANCE of 'taking it upon herself' to unlock the 'correct' door.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Used to have a phantom fridge raider who often helped him/herself to others food from so a booby trapped sarnie containing the disgusting remains of a fledgling Sparrow was left in a prominent position. Needless to say the sarnie disappeared and a bit later it was noticed that the prime suspect had thrown a sickie after lunch that day. The food thefts ceased.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Used to have a phantom fridge raider who often helped him/herself to others food from so a booby trapped sarnie containing the disgusting remains of a fledgling Sparrow was left in a prominent position. Needless to say the sarnie disappeared and a bit later it was noticed that the prime suspect had thrown a sickie after lunch that day. The food thefts ceased.

That reminds me of a colleague who once put a dead bat in the coat pocket of another colleague. There was no reason for doing this other than the person receiving the dead 'gift' was hugely religious and as a result saw it as an act of the devil himself. We just pissed ourselves.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
This.

And the cold, hard stares aimed at the selfish bastards who come back to their desks with their cereal SWIMMING in the stuff.

Not to mention the people who leave about 2mm of milk in the bottom of the bottle and put it back in the fridge. There are times whn I've seen about FIVE BOTTLES left like that, and a new one just opened.

Eating at your desk! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
My pond has a leak....this fish call me all sort of nasties on monday mornings

I also have big problems with NSC legend jack straw keep checking my bin for unhealthy food that ive eaten.

Bloody bloke :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here