Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg's Film Club

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sophie Scholl 7.9 - low key but fantastic. And the lead - yum, yum: would, probably even after her rather tragic decapitation at the end.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Which of the summer big hitters do you think will be the best ?

Superman 3
Pirates 3
Fantastic Four 2
Harry Potter 6
Die Hard 4
Transformers

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
should read Spiderman 3

dunce

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im seeing Die Hard 4 Weds.

So far the one I enjoyed the most was Pirates 3, FF42, Spiderman 3.

Obviously Potter and Transformers yet to see.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Die Hard 4.0

BRILLIANT. For pure adrenalin, action, shooting people, blowing things and general carnage up you cant beat it.

2 and a half hours of solid entertainment.

By the way dont see it expecting "characterisation" or "plot" or anything cerebral. This is just all out action and for that its worthy of a high score because it delivers what it says.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dead Silence

What a great little film. From the producers of Saw. But I hate those films and thats probably why people DONT like Dead Silence because they are expecting something like Saw.

Its a 15, its a ghost story and plenty of jump out yer seat moments. I prefer to be scared as opposed to grossed out. Good twist as well. So a well deserved 7 out of 10.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Watched the new NicK love / Danny Dyer flick "Outlaw" the other day...I thoroughly enjoyed most of it but it does lose its way a little towards the end (not unusual for love...I think he gets bored or runs out of money) however it is thought provoking....what if an ex para formed an alliance with a hackneyed cop and a bunch of victims...and taught them to fight back?

I always like a good vigilante movie.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Black Snake Moan

Samuel L Jackson and Christina Ricci. A morality tale set in the deep south, with Ricci playing a dirty, filthy little slut who will screw anyone in town, and Samuel L playing a lonely, grizzled old wise guy who decides to teach her the error of her ways - by keeping her chained half naked to his radiator for days.

The first half of the film is fantastic fun. Ricci spends it wearing just a pair of knickers and a top so skimpy it fails completely to cover her shapely funbags. The last 45 minutes drags a bit though as it all gets a bit serious and preachy, and disappointingly he gives her some clothes to put on. But overall a fairly entertaining film. She\'s certainly developed impressively as an actress since playing Wednesday Addams.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Die Hard 4.

Class film, love it action fest and one liners.

Had some clowns behind me who kept saying how unbelivable is that every five mins though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Die Hard 4.

Class film, love it action fest and one liners.

Had some clowns behind me who kept saying how unbelivable is that every five mins though.

f***ing IDIOTS. What did they EXPECT? Its DIE HARD for crying out loud.

I f***ing hate it when chin strokers turn up at films like that. I mean WHY. Of course its unbeievable thats the point.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
f***ing IDIOTS. What did they EXPECT? Its DIE HARD for crying out loud.

I f***ing hate it when chin strokers turn up at films like that. I mean WHY. Of course its unbeievable thats the point.

I concur my black friend.

There is a certain point where it does become too stupid(James Bond and the surfing after falling of a cliff springs to mind) but this was fine.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Transformers is getting 8.1 on imdb from 35000 votes which for an action movie is very very high but there are people saying similar about a weak plot. I am not going to expect Hamlet I am expecting a workable story with some fecking awesome robots and huge explosions and to see $ 175 000 000 of eye candy on a big screen. I also do now go to see a shakespeare play and expect to see a load of car chases and explosions. Die Hard 4.0 it seems does what it says on the tim and Transformers tin will say " Full out action film ".

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Transformers is getting 8.1 on imdb from 35000 votes which for an action movie is very very high but there are people saying similar about a weak plot. I am not going to expect Hamlet I am expecting a workable story with some fecking awesome robots and huge explosions and to see $ 175 000 000 of eye candy on a big screen. I also do now go to see a shakespeare play and expect to see a load of car chases and explosions. Die Hard 4.0 it seems does what it says on the tim and Transformers tin will say " Full out action film ".

I dont care if its bloody shakespeare as long as im entertained

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Big summer film ratings on imdb

Transformers - 8.1
Die Hard 4.0 - 8.0
Pirates 3 - 7.3
Spiderman 3 - 6.8
Fantastic Four 2 - 6.4

Also

Harry Potter - 7.9
Shrek - 6.5

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Transformers looks AWESOME from the trailors. Most of the reviews Ive seen have given it the thumbs up (rated FRESH on Rotten Tomatos). Sure its going to have a daft plot, and there;ll be little in the way of \"character development\" blah blah. But theres going to be some hugely convincing looking 80 ft robots beating the living SNOT out of each other for nigh-on two hours.

Whats not to like ? Get over yerselves you movie SNOBS out there. Its all about ESCAPISM innit.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Empire and Total Film both give Transformers 4 out of 5 stars which is pretty decent for a popcorn flick but they are not up their own arses and I respect and take notice of their reviews generally, the tabloids will all give 5 stars but I expect the broadsheets will poo poo it as they feel they are superior to us. The bits I have seen of Transformers look astonishing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here