Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg's Film Club

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Before Die hard 4, saw the trailer for "Shoot 'Em Up" with Clive Owen which looks pretty hardcore. Know anything about that one US?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
IMDB member review - Transformers

Best Cartoon Adaptation Ever!!!, 27 June 2007
10 out of 10

Author: keitaro1984 from Australia

Okay let me start by saying I am in my mid 20's and I am one of those people who grew up with Transformers with watching it every morning. I have some of the original Hasbro toys and now the DVD collection released by Madman. When i first herd that Transformers would be the next cartoon adaptation to the big screen I was excited and over the moon when I herd the news but had some reservations since some of the recent cartoon to Movies haven't been what I expected.

I felt some what disappointed when I saw the concept pictures flying around early on with how Optimus and Bumblebee would look like and I still hate the fact that they didn't keep Bumblebee with the Volkswagen but I got to admit that the car they used in the movie looks bloody hot {its a Camaro by the way). However, early on the cars grew onto me really quick and i didn't care that they changed things around. Each car has their own unique personality and you start to care about them.

Anyway, I just went to the first screening session in Brisbane and the whole way through I just kept on getting chills and goosebumps down my back thinking "this is F$#ken awesome". This movie blew me away. It's definitely not one of those movies that has a great beginning and starts to slow down about halfway and near the end you are thinking to yourself when is this crap going to end. This movie is the complete opposite. It had me at the edge of my seat the whole way through wanting more and more. I couldn't get enough of it. Plus the CG is top notch which doesn't hurt.

I know this movie has been criticised the whole way through since it started including myself, but i am glad Michael Bay took this project on. Like his previous movies this one included, it's intensive and action packed. Good vs Evil. So of course their is a lot of things getting blown up. Also a lot of the action/fighting scenes are faced paced and you don't have time to blink which I really like.

All in all. This movie was not what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be big let down, crush and destroy all my wonderful memories about the cartoon series that I loved when I was a kid. However I was quite surprised and it turned into a whole lot more. Just go to this movie with a open mind. Forget every bad thing you have herd or read on the net. Watch it for yourself and at the end, you yourself will draw up a conclusion on whether this is a good movie or bad movie or whether you liked it or not. So in the end I recommend this movie to any die hard fan like me who has loved this cartoon since the 80's and to new people who are thinking of what next movie they should see. This movie wont disappoint.

Also I like this movie even more with us (Australia) being the first country to screen it when the final version was completed and also being released. It was also nice to see a Aussie chick in it and even better that that she was able to keep her Aussie accent.

So just one final word. These are just my thoughts and personal feeling about this

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What i meant to say was - have you heard anything about this one? Any advance reviews/grapevine info etc? I've seen the imdb page there. You seem to be pretty hot on upcoming movies. Cheers

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Empire and Total Film both give Transformers 4 out of 5 stars which is pretty decent for a popcorn flick but they are not up their own arses and I respect and take notice of their reviews generally, the tabloids will all give 5 stars but I expect the broadsheets will poo poo it as they feel they are superior to us. The bits I have seen of Transformers look astonishing.

Sorry to say but if Empire (used to be good 12 years ago) and Total Film (total balls) give less than 5 stars for an action flick, then start worrying! :(

...will be 'avin a look at Transformers nonetheless, of course.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
not correct Pirates got 3 stars

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Die Hard 4.0

Superb.
Park your brain in the foyer and just enjoy. The plots a bit daft, the action sequences totally improbable, but it is sharply scripted and hugely entertaining stuff from start to finish. Willis still carries it off despite being in his 50s. There is some amazingly dynamic camerawork on some of the scenes. Its a thrill ride that will show you things youve never seen before. Yippee-kay-yayyy muthaFUCKERS

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Empire/Total Film

Both gave

Transformers - 4
Die Hard 4.0 - 4
Pirates 3 - 3
Spiderman 3 - 3
Fantastic Four 2 - 3

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Isnt it the only one so far>

I think he means best Cartoon / Real Life Film which includes Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Fantstic Four, Ghost Rider, Hulk etc etc

Jul 20, 2003
recent viewings:

at the cinema

Die Hard 4.0

splendid summer blockbuster tosh, good comic support from Justin Long, loads of explosions, utterly ludicrous, great fun

:thumbsup:

at home

Nacho Libre

very disappointing, less laughs than Die Hard - not acceptable for a 'comedy'
avoid

Talladega Nights

moderate, don't feel it was a total waste of time watching it but hardly life enriching

The US vs John Lennon

mildy distracting, I would have prefered it if it had a more even portrayal of Lennon. Whilst I'm not in the Albert Goldman camp I do think there is enough evidence of him acting like an arsehole around this time for some of this to come through - would have made it more entertaining

also seen about half an hour of the new 'Pirates' film but started to lose the will to live and went to the pub instead - shockingly bad

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Don't know when it came out in England-so apologies if it's already been greatly debated- but I saw 300 last week.

It was a bit shit, I thought.

I fell asleep at the Odeon during 300. First time that's ever happened to me. AND I thought it was quite a good film apart from that. Wierd...

Jul 20, 2003
I fell asleep at the Odeon during 300. First time that's ever happened to me. AND I thought it was quite a good film apart from that. Wierd...

not sure about the concept of going into war clad only in a pair of speedos, sandals, a cape and baby lotion

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
300 has 8.1 on imdb and took a remarkable $ 430 000 000 at the Worldwide Box Office so a lot of people must have liked it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here