Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultras...

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
As related aside to this debate i went to see PSG vs Valenciennes on Sunday. From discussions there with PSG fans before and after the game they all spoke of how French football (and PSG in particular) has been plagued with Ultra related violence for years. In the eyes of (what seemed to me) normal fans, PSG and other clubs' ultra groups were were essentially "Ingleesh football hooligans". As they explained it to me many of the Ultra chants were abusive to opponents or about glorifying fighting so how could you differentiate between fans who chose to sing about fighting and fans who fight?

in the last couple of years PSG's Ultra groups have all now been banned from the Parc des Princes and fans cannot hang up banners etc. without permission. The club has now "employed" a group of fans who drum during the game and a couple of groups of fans at either end (Atrueill and Bologne) with megaphones who get the chants going. The club put out bits of card for fans to hold up, and wont allow fans to do anything 'independent. From what I saw on Sunday it was OK.

So, here's the point. The NSK are not ultras, because the term ultra essentially means a football hooligan. The NSK is what it says it is a collective group of fans who like signing and waving flags. Good on em, but the use of the term ultras is inaccurate, it is a continental term that is linked to violence (sometimes with extreme politics), I am sure they would not want to keep using it (or reclaim it) for that reason alone. Why not NSS, North Stand Singers?

There barmies. Been over it before.

Some are dressing like football hooligans though, which is suicide for them, and detrimental to their ideas.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
nothing wrong with who they are or what they do. It does sound, however, a lot like an all male american cheerleading team, thus very camp! (Hey, we do live in Brighton eh) :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here