Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultras...

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
For all the MOANERS the "Ultra's" were really missed in N1A last night, the first half was pathetic, worse than Gillingham. Thank god for the poor refereeing in the second half, bought the part timers to life and well done for the left side to get some atmosphere going in the first half.

It actually seemed to get better once loads had gone home at full time without bothering with extra time.

Wait a minute....the 'ultras' weren't there last night? I thought ultras lived for their club and went to every game without fail!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Whatever they call themselves, fair play to them for attempting to lift the atmosphere at The Amex-it appears to be working as more are joining in and the noise levels are increasing.

I've been following The Albion for 50+ years and I don't see what the problem is. I think it's great that there is a new generation of passionate Albion fans taking over from us, a generation that was nearly lost to the club. We've got a group of fans who have been starved of anything resembling atmosphere for 12 years at Withdean. The Amex is proving to be exactly what DK, MP and TB promised and I think the NSK will grow over the season, probably eventually involving most North Stand regulars. The participation is infectious and from my vantage point in the East Stand it looks and sounds better every week. Have to confess that when the idea was first presented on here I thought it would be a waste of time but last night reminded me of the old North Stand at The Goldstone so that alone is worth the effort. There will always be a few miserabilists out there trying to put you down-ignore them, most are enjoying the noise.

If only they'd slow down SBTS.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
So to clarify, you are ginger, you wear fake stone island, and your an 'Ultra!?'

Yes i am ginger, no it is real stone island (only have 1 jumper) and yes. Also to your other post, I was there last night with a broken leg so don't start having a go:bigwave:

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Yes i am ginger, no it is real stone island (only have 1 jumper) and yes. Also to your other post, I was there last night with a broken leg so don't start having a go:bigwave:

See I'm a bit confused here. Your little assortment are claiming you are non-violent, bring the noise (cringe) etc etc, yet you are bowling around in a jumper which is practically a symbol of football violence. Surely you are one or the other because you can't be both?

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Some of the 'ultras' live in Manchester which makes it near impossible to get down for mid week game.

Some live in Manchester? Again that's confusing, how many of you are there? I can understand a few being from Manchester for uni or whatever but you are talking like half your posse are living up there.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Some live in Manchester? Again that's confusing, how many of you are there? I can understand a few being from Manchester for uni or whatever but you are talking like half your posse are living up there.

Bods who didnt make the cut mate.:thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

You really seem to have a bit of a problem Mr Soze. You have made 46 posts in a year, yet you have made 12 on this thread alone just so you can have a go at some people who you have never met, who are not effecting you in any way. Were you abused by some Ultras in a past life or something?

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
See I'm a bit confused here. Your little assortment are claiming you are non-violent, bring the noise (cringe) etc etc, yet you are bowling around in a jumper which is practically a symbol of football violence. Surely you are one or the other because you can't be both?

Oh well, don't judge a book by its cover. I don't believe in football violence. But saying that if someone attacks me in the name of their club i will defend myself. (just like i would expect most people to do). Fair enough stone island is linked to football hooligans but it does not mean that everyone who wears it is a football fighter. Plus, have you been to the stadium yet? The atmosphere is amazing so why are you questioning us. Smile and support the team.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

give it a rest, you made your point.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Oh well, don't judge a book by its cover. I don't believe in football violence. But saying that if someone attacks me in the name of their club i will defend myself. (just like i would expect most people to do). Fair enough stone island is linked to football hooligans but it does not mean that everyone who wears it is a football fighter. Plus, have you been to the stadium yet? The atmosphere is amazing so why are you questioning us. Smile and support the team.

You will have to be prepared for a row if your your wearing that get up lad.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
You really seem to have a bit of a problem Mr Soze. You have made 46 posts in a year, yet you have made 12 on this thread alone just so you can have a go at some people who you have never met, who are not effecting you in any way. Were you abused by some Ultras in a past life or something?

They are effecting me. Now fans of other clubs are hearing/seeing this Ultra nonsense and laughing at BHA as much they are Palace. I'm all for noise and atmosphere - which I am sure we would have managed even without the mighty NSK, just not of flags and tees with slogans on with wrong spelling and letters printed backwards.

Even if I was abused by Ultras, this lot aint Ultras by a million miles.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I like the Ultras, a New generation, the atmos at the Amex is superb, long may it continue and long may the NSK grow. Living in caravan land as I do, I can say that the NSK has more imagination and passion than anything palace have.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
They are effecting me. Now fans of other clubs are hearing/seeing this Ultra nonsense and laughing at BHA as much they are Palace. I'm all for noise and atmosphere - which I am sure we would have managed even without the mighty NSK, just not of flags and tees with slogans on with wrong spelling and letters printed backwards.

Even if I was abused by Ultras, this lot aint Ultras by a million miles.

Who is laughing at them? Do you really care what other clubs fans think of us anyway? I just don't get how you can be so vehemently opposed to something like this, that means 25% of your posts on this board are about them. We would have managed noise and atmosphere without them, but they are responsible for starting 90% of the songs from the right side of the North Stand, that is the only thing anyone should care about, does this group of people help improve the atmosphere? The answer to this is yes they do, so let them get on with it in any way they see fit.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
As related aside to this debate i went to see PSG vs Valenciennes on Sunday. From discussions there with PSG fans before and after the game they all spoke of how French football (and PSG in particular) has been plagued with Ultra related violence for years. In the eyes of (what seemed to me) normal fans, PSG and other clubs' ultra groups were were essentially "Ingleesh football hooligans". As they explained it to me many of the Ultra chants were abusive to opponents or about glorifying fighting so how could you differentiate between fans who chose to sing about fighting and fans who fight?

in the last couple of years PSG's Ultra groups have all now been banned from the Parc des Princes and fans cannot hang up banners etc. without permission. The club has now "employed" a group of fans who drum during the game and a couple of groups of fans at either end (Atrueill and Bologne) with megaphones who get the chants going. The club put out bits of card for fans to hold up, and wont allow fans to do anything 'independent. From what I saw on Sunday it was OK.

So, here's the point. The NSK are not ultras, because the term ultra essentially means a football hooligan. The NSK is what it says it is a collective group of fans who like signing and waving flags. Good on em, but the use of the term ultras is inaccurate, it is a continental term that is linked to violence (sometimes with extreme politics), I am sure they would not want to keep using it (or reclaim it) for that reason alone. Why not NSS, North Stand Singers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here