Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultras...

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Why don't you rein yourself in there a bit little man, you're a bit OTT on the old abuse

Don't see any abuse there apart from the tampon comment, which was justified considering he asked me if I was police.

Legitimate questions really. I'm interested in knowing the state of mind of a grown man who can seriously call himself an 'ultra.'

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Then you know very little about Ultra culture, I suggest you educate yourself before you make yourself look even more ridiculous

Before you ask, I'm 42, never worn a scarf/shirt in my life to a match and I sit in the East Stand

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Then you know very little about Ultra culture, I suggest you educate yourself before you make yourself look even more ridiculous

Before you ask, I'm 42, never worn a scarf/shirt in my life to a match and I sit in the East Stand

Hold fire. I know enough about actual Ultra culture. The group of mid-puberty boys and suspect men we are blessed with are NOT proper ultras. What we have is a mongy imitation. Im sure if we showed videos of our mighty NSK to some genuine European ultras they would piss themselves laughing.

Before everyone starts screaming 'oh don't you like noise and atmosphere!?' - I love it as much as the next bloke, I just find sticking a name on it beyond cringeworthy. Ultra culture here will never be the same as in Europe. All we will ever get is diabolical groups like the NSK and the Homesdale Fanatics that a lot of people laugh at.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I find it strange that you are getting so wound up over a name. It's quite clear that there is little intention to emulate the so called "traditional" "ultras".

arundel gold

Aug 20, 2011
Hold fire. I know enough about actual Ultra culture. The group of mid-puberty boys and suspect men we are blessed with are NOT proper ultras. What we have is a mongy imitation. Im sure if we showed videos of our mighty NSK to some genuine European ultras they would piss themselves laughing.

Before everyone starts screaming 'oh don't you like noise and atmosphere!?' - I love it as much as the next bloke, I just find sticking a name on it beyond cringeworthy. Ultra culture here will never be the same as in Europe. All we will ever get is diabolical groups like the NSK and the Homesdale Fanatics that a lot of people laugh at.

Very true this whole ultra 'culture' in England will never work and is quite frankly an embarrassment.
So you so called ultra's what are your views on the 'Against modern football' and 'ACAB' movement?
Do you lot run by the ultras code of conduct?

1. Ultras must refuse any support from or ccoperation with the club officials. Indipendence and loyalty to the tradtition and colors of the club are most important.

2. Ultras must refuse contact with the police.

3. Ultras must fight each other, hate each other and most importantly work together when help is needed for the movement.

4. Ultras must travel to away games by own means only.

5. Ultras must work together with Ultras of other clubs to make the "Product TV-Football" as unatractive as possible.

6. Ultras must not let themselves be silenced by the police, show presence at games. We shal not be moved!

7. Ultras must organise, recruit and conect within their curva.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey

You'll find that the Holmesdale Fanatics are not laughed at across Europe.

It's why we have different Ultra groups across Europe visiting and joining the group at home games. As well as the groups that go on the HF website.

And why they have their friendship with the Panthers of Panionios where their group members wear HF scarves and members of the HF wear Panionios scarves. They also visit Selhurst frequently and the HF visit Athens as well.

Don't put them in the same category as NSK either. I wish that group well, with fans like you and a few others on this site, they have no chance in fulfilling their aims until the fanbase accepts them as the focus point. Which is what has happened at Selhurst the last 3 years.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Very true this whole ultra 'culture' in England will never work and is quite frankly an embarrassment.
So you so called ultra's what are your views on the 'Against modern football' and 'ACAB' movement?
Do you lot run by the ultras code of conduct?

1. Ultras must refuse any support from or ccoperation with the club officials. Indipendence and loyalty to the tradtition and colors of the club are most important.

2. Ultras must refuse contact with the police.

3. Ultras must fight each other, hate each other and most importantly work together when help is needed for the movement.

4. Ultras must travel to away games by own means only.

5. Ultras must work together with Ultras of other clubs to make the "Product TV-Football" as unatractive as possible.

6. Ultras must not let themselves be silenced by the police, show presence at games. We shal not be moved!

7. Ultras must organise, recruit and conect within their curva.

Regarding point 1, I thought some Ultra groups were basically 'sponsored' by their clubs, including being provided with transport and tickets for away games? I'm thinking of Italy and South America particularly ???

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting

It's why we have different Ultra groups across Europe visiting and joining the group at home games. As well as the groups that go on the HF website.

And why they have their friendship with the Panthers of Panionios where their group members wear HF scarves and members of the HF wear Panionios scarves. They also visit Selhurst frequently and the HF visit Athens as well.

Ahhh isn't that lovely! Do you have them round your caravan for tea and lidls biscuits as well? sad fucks.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Don't put them in the same category as NSK either. I wish that group well, with fans like you and a few others on this site, they have no chance in fulfilling their aims until the fanbase accepts them as the focus point. Which is what has happened at Selhurst the last 3 years.
I think I'm gonna barf. I agree completely with a palace fans post.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Are you the fat ginger kid with the fake stone island jumper that i often spot at away games , normally at motorway services where your queuing patiently with handfulls of chocolate bars.

No that is me actually. :wave: Come and say hello sometime, i might even give you a chocolate bar. :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This reminds me I was given some stickers on Saturday by [MENTION=4339]tommysupercup[/MENTION], forgot to stick them up anywhere, will make an effort on Tuesday.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Who cares what they call themselves as long as they make some noise, sing decent songs and have some fun?

This. I'm not sure why everyone is getting all heat up about it. As long as they don't actively cause any friction between fans then there's no problem with them, surely? I'm not a member but I appreciate their efforts in starting songs, and in only 2 weeks of having the Amex, they've helped contribute to creating a great atmosphere around the ground.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
So far the 'ULTRAS' don't seem to be needed. There's noise coming from the North Stand in general, spreading around the stadium.

Maybe when the 'feelgood' factor and novelty has worn off, they will become useful.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So far the 'ULTRAS' don't seem to be needed. There's noise coming from the North Stand in general, spreading around the stadium.

Maybe when the 'feelgood' factor and novelty has worn off, they will become useful.

At least 70% of the songs start from their area, as soon as one peaters out another is started.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
For all the MOANERS the "Ultra's" were really missed in N1A last night, the first half was pathetic, worse than Gillingham. Thank god for the poor refereeing in the second half, bought the part timers to life and well done for the left side to get some atmosphere going in the first half.

It actually seemed to get better once loads had gone home at full time without bothering with extra time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here