Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultra's

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Whether you agree with the 'Ultras' or not, does everyone agree that without them, the atmosphere at the Donnie game wouldn't have been as good? Because I think that is a fact.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
file.php

Not mad at all, just proper shocked how out of touch you are with football.

"ultra wielding a f***ing more masculine influence"... when i read that i spat my londis own brand orange squash all over my laptop, so f***ing funny.

What a wanker.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
As I said, only ever in a cricket context, England's Barmy Army, never at a football ground.

Heard of Scarfers and Lads, and crews and Ultras...... never barmies!

Everyday is a school day!

aren't the Barmy Army all football fans who also like cricket?

3428377.jpg

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Whether you agree with the 'Ultras' or not, does everyone agree that without them, the atmosphere at the Donnie game wouldn't have been as good? Because I think that is a fact.

I think it would have been the same, because they'd have been in the crowd and singing with their mates whatever. I really do like the can do attitude they have though. Brilliant to get banners made up, brilliant to try and get new songs going.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
I've heard some odd insults on this board before, but that has to be the strangest one yet. What on earth is a an 'Utter Jacob'?

Come on mate, tell me you have met someone called Jacob who wasn't a dribbling dickhead with receeding ginger hair and braces?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

"ultra wielding a f***ing more masculine influence"... when i read that i spat my londis own brand orange squash all over my laptop, so f***ing funny.

What a wanker.

you're coming across as a bit of a wanker.

Why don't you stop having a pop at fellow Brighton fans who want to get a bit organised, sing and do some flag/banner business?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton

What a wanker.

no mate i'm not out of touch. you lot clearly are because you are scared of change. i would say it verges on naff as an above poster said, but at the end of the day it is still a way to make more noise and therefore i respect it and am not going to bleat about it because i realise these guys are making a bigger effort than you mock cockney pricks are.

and the phrase i used? sorry to use intellectualist language. my mistake. suppose that makes me a gay does it? i also went on to say why that was important - to feel like a bloke at the football, not a kid or a wet middle class rugby fan. i was actually saying it is a working mans game, but the working man these days has different influences. CHANGE.

barmy? cricket, etc. scarfer? old man. not the right connotations in the word. you dicking total bell. Ultra fits at the moment and in ten years I suspect it'll be more common, and the idea it is 'naff' will filter out, as you and your ilk die out or f*** off to whinge about something else that isn't like it used to be.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Come on mate, tell me you have met someone called Jacob who wasn't a dribbling dickhead with receeding ginger hair and braces?

I'm not sure I've ever met anyone called Jacob before, but I'll keep my eye out.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
you're coming across as a bit of a wanker.

Why don't you stop having a pop at fellow Brighton fans who want to get a bit organised, sing and do some flag/banner business?

The fella came across like a snobby shit bag, finished of with the wanker sign THEN wanted a debate.

He can go f*** himself Alan.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Sid's right though. All this Ultra shit is a bit cringeworthy, I'm happy to sing my heart out for 90 mins, but lets just do that, all the NSK stuff is a bit rubbish.
Sing, wave scarfs, jump around like a looney but please just leave the NSK banners at home.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
no mate i'm not out of touch. you lot clearly are because you are scared of change. i would say it verges on naff as an above poster said, but at the end of the day it is still a way to make more noise and therefore i respect it and am not going to bleat about it because i realise these guys are making a bigger effort than you mock cockney pricks are.

and the phrase i used? sorry to use intellectualist language. my mistake. suppose that makes me a gay does it? i also went on to say why that was important - to feel like a bloke at the football, not a kid or a wet middle class rugby fan. i was actually saying it is a working mans game, but the working man these days has different influences. CHANGE.

barmy? cricket, etc. scarfer? old man. not the right connotations in the word. you dicking total bell. Ultra fits at the moment and in ten years I suspect it'll be more common, and the idea it is 'naff' will filter out, as you and your ilk die out or f*** off to whinge about something else that isn't like it used to be.

Its not about intellectual language for god sake, its about me not liking the word 'ultra' and you getting on some f***ing high horse about.

It was a general discussion before you landed with your ridiculous, long, and self indulgent post.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
You do have a decent point here.

But as for snobby - you are as much of a snob in your own opinion, and you are the one that wanted to start a thread about it.

You're the SNOB. About the Ultras. YES YOU!

No mate I am a traditionalist who dont like the phrase 'ultra'.

As for what they do during the game, cant fault them.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Barmies is a cricket term, never heard it used in a football context before.

Would you prefer BHA Barmy Army then?

I've heard the term Barmies used about certain Man Utd fans before.
I'm sure Doncaster were singing "Barmy Army" on Saturday.

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
sid piss off, do one, sing up north stand!!!! sing on north stand!!! i love ya.... we all love ya!!!!! miserable fucker....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here