Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultra's

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I don't know who is responsible for starting the singing in North Stand but they must be applauded. Please continue because it gets block N1D going.

I have always said, the more noise, the more colour the better.

I do not want The Amex turning in to a library atmosphere.

Both Doncaster and Gillingham games have been brilliant for atmosphere.

Players have said it, The Manager has said it. At the Doncaster game we where the 12th man and long may it continue. It helps the players raise their game. Enough said.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ok so they are lads who like a sing song, hardly being ultra's lol.

Your point is a very good one, and correct.

Strange they call themselves Ultra's.

"Kollective" eh *scratches chin*

Kollective as the "ultra" group are the North Stand Kollective. Ultra is merely a name that unifies this particular group and gives like-minded individuals a banner under which to gather. I don't understand the antipathy to the term, it's just a word.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Basically why are they called ultras? its just the main singing stand, it sounds well gay! im a brighton ultra...? SHIT.

however apart from the name ultra im fine with it. sing as much as you want. make some huhe signs it looks fine, but stop calling them ultras.

Its as shit as music after a goal and cheerleaders dancing before the game.

Well said that man.

Lets hope they dont get mistaken for lads during the season, could get caught out.

Regards,

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sorry Sid you are wrong on this one. I think ANYONE who encourages an atmosphere should be applauded. They maybe called ultras, but essentially they are a group of like-minded Albion fans who are prepare to start the singing without waiting for someone else to do it for them. More power to their Kollective elbow I say.

This 100%

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Ok so they are lads who like a sing song, hardly being ultra's lol.

Your point is a very good one, and correct.

Strange they call themselves Ultra's.

"Kollective" eh *scratches chin*

Firstly, Ultras (note, there's no apostrophe in it) are not all violent groups, so get that out of your head straight away. The name North Stand Collective could have been used, but it then would have been abbreviated to NSC, and they've got nothing to do with Bozza's fine forum, so an alternative spelling was chosen. They're trying to create an atmosphere, are getting behind the team and are a damn good addition to the Albion faithful.

And for everyone who moans about "kids", what hope is there for this football club if our younger supporters are constantly put down and criticised? Once all the "old fogies" die out, what then?

Please let's not have yet another sodding 14 pages about the Ultras :facepalm:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well said that man.

Lets hope they dont get mistaken for lads during the season, could get caught out.

Regards,

Exactly, if by Ultras you mean a group of kids calling themselfs ultras to make them sound a bit special its stupid.

wouldnt want to associate with it myself, but if thats what they want to do then fine, however it does sound a bit shit being called the Ultras. Palace had it and i used to laugh my head off.

No one is saying dont sing, but dont claim to be Ultras. THIS IS ENGLAND / Britain, thats not part of our football culture and we dont need it.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
And for everyone who moans about "kids", what hope is there for this football club if our younger supporters are constantly put down and criticised? Once all the "old fogies" die out, what then?

this. Pathetic some of the comments on here.

Not just football though, it's the British way, 'bloody kids'.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Singing - Good, Colour - Good, but why does it need a name? We've always had great support away from home, lots of singing and colour, which we can also bring into home games now we've got a decent stadium I hope. It just doesn't make sense to me, we're all Brighton, we're all behind the team, why have banners saying Ultras? Have banners saying Brighton, we don't need a group of people with a name, can't get my head around it.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Firstly, Ultras (note, there's no apostrophe in it) are not all violent groups, so get that out of your head straight away. The name North Stand Collective could have been used, but it then would have been abbreviated to NSC, and they've got nothing to do with Bozza's fine forum, so an alternative spelling was chosen. They're trying to create an atmosphere, are getting behind the team and are a damn good addition to the Albion faithful.

Please let's not have yet another sodding 14 pages about the Ultras :facepalm:

I knew they wernt violent mate, lol ffs.

Barmies is the correct phrase for them.

Anyway who am I to question them, just think the phrase Ultra is very cringe worthy.

Are they dressers?

Regards,

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Ultras - Cavemen crew - North Stand collective - it's all semantics, but long live the active singers and atmosphere makers at our beautiful new home.

We deserve to be happy and vocal finally. Bring it you Ultras!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Singing - Good, Colour - Good, but why does it need a name? We've always had great support away from home, lots of singing and colour, which we can also bring into home games now we've got a decent stadium I hope. It just doesn't make sense to me, we're all Brighton, we're all behind the team, why have banners saying Ultras? Have banners saying Brighton, we don't need a group of people with a name, can't get my head around it.

Sort of agree, but if they want to do it, let them do it. Who are we to say what they are / aren't allowed to do. I'm not into it myself, but I have no opinion on another group wanting to do it, and if it helps create a better atmosphere then good on them.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
By the way i DO NOT want the barmies to shut up, you lot crack on.

regards

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings

Spot on. Halelujah.

This naming/labelling is a tad exclusive (even the so called Ultra song is stand specific). All for something original, but this has always come across as a tad self promoting to me. Fair play for trying though I guess.

The one thing about travelling away was that we were all in it together. Hence the unified voice. That's what we should be trying to bring home.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

But why not? As far as I know membership is not compulsory, who are you to tell people how to behave themselves at football?.

I would argue that the existence of an organised group who can be relied upon to generate some sort of atmosphere, increases the chances of their actually being one. But even if it didn't who are we to criticise them. I find the Ultras critics far more tiresome than Ultras themselves.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Barmies is a cricket term, never heard it used in a football context before.

Would you prefer BHA Barmy Army then?

You have never heard of the phrase barmy before????

Lad
Barmy
Scarfer

3 groups of football fan. (very generally speaking)

And your suggestion for a collective name of bods is alot better than some muggy ultra group.

Regards,

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They are currently trying to get Sussex by the Sea sung with the right words and at the right speed.

IF they whole ground sings SBTS when the players come out to the music that is already played then in my eyes that would be superb.

Currently there's a bit of humming and the a quick singing bit, far to fast, an improvement is what is needed from the crowd.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
You have never heard of the phrase barmy before????

Lad
Barmy
Scarfer

3 groups of football fan. (very generally speaking)

And your suggestion for a collective name of bods is alot better than some muggy ultra group.

Regards,

As I said, only ever in a cricket context, England's Barmy Army, never at a football ground.

Heard of Scarfers and Lads, and crews and Ultras...... never barmies!

Everyday is a school day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here