Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK in 10 years time?

As I suspected it is Brown trying to wangle votes. Here he is on the festival of Diwali addressing Sikhs and Hindus.

YouTube - The Prime Minister's Diwali message

Look, if you agree with a multicultural Britain or not, there's no point in having one where you alienate or ignore whole and large factions who have chosen to live here!

In an accepting society that actively encourages freedom of religion and race, The Prime Minister is only doing the right thing, so why has every 'right thing' got to be cheapened to just "an attempt to wangle votes"?

It bothers me when opposition parties ONLY choose to paint a negative light on the incumbent, INSTEAD of offering even the slightest HINT of what they would do better and what they have to offer!
It's CHEAP SHOT politics, and only the morons greet that with mass acceptance and support.

Incidentally, his emphasis on powerful "unity", "peace", and the "reaching beyond their community" is to be applauded - a concise and strongly worded message that came across as heartfelt and warming. Also, if anything is going to 'disarm' cultures against us as a nation, then that really is an excellent way to go about it.
Whoever I want to vote for, that message was top notch :clap:

Last edited:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Fair one simmo but I would say that islam is far closer to christianity than say hinduism and buddhism for example, which are far more alien in truth. A little less aggressive in this society though thats what causes the problems with islam. It is fear that causes a lot of problems yes, but Pantiles Seagull and the other nobs would have you believe you are an idiotic bigot for not dismissing these fears from your all white tory commuter town.

Islam may be like Chritianity in the actual one god, one major prophet (Jesus/Mohammed) etc. but not necessarily in the execution of that belief by their followers.

It is because Muslim's are so different to white English (christian) people that it causes such angst, calls to prayer wailing on their religious days, women wearing burkhas, families not speaking English etc. this is so alien to us.

I agree with what you say though it is a question of NIMBYism isn't it, Would you rather not have these people living near you? if you answer no, does that necessarily make you a racist?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Islam may be like Chritianity in the actual one god, one major prophet (Jesus/Mohammed) etc. but not necessarily in the execution of that belief by their followers.

It is because Muslim's are so different to white English (christian) people that it causes such angst, calls to prayer wailing on their religious days, women wearing burkhas, families not speaking English etc. this is so alien to us.

I agree with what you say though it is a question of NIMBYism isn't it, Would you rather not have these people living near you? if you answer no, does that necessarily make you a racist?

no i dont mind having good people living by me i dont give a monkeys what colour they are or if they beleive in desert fairy tales. ii am one of a few white people in my street and half of them are eastern european. i do find it sad sometimes that i cannot communicate well with them. no matter what some smart alec who wants to buy the world a coke will say, there are barriers to communication, and not having similar cultural points of reference with the people in your own street can be saddening.

t is obvious though that large scale immigration is rapidly increasing segregation and factions within society. it is not beneficial to anyone. it could have been avoided but the greedy and the do gooders won the day and f***ed us all.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Look, if you agree with a multicultural Britain or not, there's no point in having one where you alienate or ignore whole and large factions who have chosen to live here!

In an accepting society that actively encourages freedom of religion and race, The Prime Minister is only doing the right thing, so why has every 'right thing' got to be cheapened to just "an attempt to wangle votes"?

It bothers me when opposition parties ONLY choose to paint a negative light on the incumbent, INSTEAD of offering even the slightest HINT of what they would do better and what they have to offer!
It's CHEAP SHOT politics, and only the morons greet that with mass acceptance and support.

Incidentally, his emphasis on powerful "unity", "peace", and the "reaching beyond their community" is to be applauded - a concise and strongly worded message that came across as heartfelt and warming. Also, if anything is going to 'disarm' cultures against us as a nation, then that really is an excellent way to go about it.
Whoever I want to vote for, that message was top notch :clap:

So why does Brown not wish Christians a Happy Christmas then as per the site where I found the information to prove my point, which led me to find him wishing Sikhs/Hindus on Diwali.

Cranmer: Gordon Brown doesn’t do Christmas

Your argument is what???? that Brown is being multicultural, if that is the case why did he not wish Christians a Happy Christmas.

He did what he did for Eid and Diwali because he is trying to gain votes in marginal constitunecies, wake up he is a politician you know! It is not a question of which political party I support. I would expect Cameron to do something similar.

i dont give a monkeys what sort of light i am shown in on an internet message board so thats that out the way.

you were desperate to go oh oh oh wouldnt the tories do the same like i had some anti labour axe to grind and couldnt see the wood for the trees. i told you that wasnt the case and thats the end of it.

I wasn't desperate to say "oh wouldn't the Tories do the same" I was asking you a question, if it sounded desperate to you then that's your opinion, I didn't think it sounded desperate.
Thanks for calling me a mug in response for me asking you a question on this message board.

Not having a pop mate but do you HONESTLY believe that?

What's to disbelieve in Ed's post then? OK, what happens to the Conservative Party if/when the UK is no more is a bit of guesswork but the rest is perfectly plausible.
The SNP is one seat away (I think) from an overall majority at Holyrood and is looking for a plebicite on independence in the next few years. Alex Salmon's a decent leader and they're don't appear to be doing a bad job in government. All it needs now is for the Cameron to win and/or the commission looking at funding for the devolved assemblies to recommend a change to the calculation formula that disadvantages Scotland (the formula's been in place since 1978 btw) and the SNP have the vote in the bag. If I lived in Scotland I vote for it.

I do agree with pretty much all that you say. There are certain things that have to remain as part of the fabric of this country, such as all lessons in English at schools, all street signs in English and only English.

Religion is a personal issue though really, anyone can choose to be whatever religion they want in this country and should have freedom to exercise their right to worship however they choose (without causing any problems with other races/religions etc), that is one reason why this is a great country.

However, going back to Browns address, I don't have too much issue with that, he is a politician looking for votes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he did something similar for Hindu or Jewish festivals etc. It is because it is to the Muslim community that it causes such angst among some White English people in my opinion and it is because the Islamic culture is the most alien to our own i.e women dressed in burkhas etc.

Good points without resorting to name calling.

I will be driving one of these on the way to Albion's third appearence in the Kuwait Trusts FA Cup Final.

Attachments

• moller200x02brian_smale.jpg
    moller200x02brian_smale.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 36

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
if thats genuinely the case i apologise mate.

i see its rusty sheriff badge seagull who is the proper hard work round here. looking forward to seeing him waddling back in from his tunbridge wells pie eating extravaganza. i am imagining him like a lefty nicholas soames.

if thats genuinely the case i apologise mate.

i see its rusty sheriff badge seagull who is the proper hard work round here. looking forward to seeing him waddling back in from his tunbridge wells pie eating extravaganza. i am imagining him like a lefty nicholas soames.

I am left wing I openly admit that but I like you know that David Cameron would have done a similar thing to Brown, I was just balancing that out on the thread.
Incidentally even though I am left wing and hence some people on here think that I am then automatically a politically correct do gooder, I agree with you on a previous post on this thread that this country is being f***ed by the greedy and the do gooders!

just seen this though. grow a spine mate.

I have got one thanks and thanks for the apology in the previous post. I wrote that before you apologised incidentally.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I am left wing I openly admit that but I like you know that David Cameron would have done a similar thing to Brown, I was just balancing that out on the thread.
Incidentally even though I am left wing and hence some people on here think that I am then automatically a politically correct do gooder, I agree with you on a previous post on this thread that this country is being f***ed by the greedy and the do gooders!

a quote from a marxist comedian kind of gave it away mate:D

So why does Brown not wish Christians a Happy Christmas then as per the site where I found the information to prove my point, which led me to find him wishing Sikhs/Hindus on Diwali.

Cranmer: Gordon Brown doesn’t do Christmas

Your argument is what???? that Brown is being multicultural, if that is the case why did he not wish Christians a Happy Christmas.

He did what he did for Eid and Diwali because he is trying to gain votes in marginal constitunecies, wake up he is a politician you know! It is not a question of which political party I support. I would expect Cameron to do something similar.

If you would expect Cameron to do similar, then why do you "suspect it is Brown trying to wangle votes"? Is everything we do or say to everyone an attempt to wangle votes? - or can it be sometimes an actual sensible stand that addresses EVERYONE to accept religious groups?

"wake up he's a politician" - what a joke, you seem to want to forget that it's part of a politician's JOB to represent all members of the society, and they are not just there to "wangle votes"!

What about Christmas..... is it Christmas already? Do Christians feel alienated? Well then, better not alienate Her Majesty The Queen when she takes her annual duty;

[yt]n_RXhBI_qN0[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here