Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK in 10 years time?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
so because I disagree with your post 'give you a clue as to how the country is going', which can only be assumed as you saying this country is a poorer place to live because Gordon Brown is saying 'HAPPY RAMADAN', you think I have been somewhat 'brainwashed' by the pro multicultural liberal elite....

No need for cheap points when you are arguing such utter shite.

why do people from the south say 'shite'?

yes i do think its a poorer place that we have politicians that pander to what should be at best a very marginal and guest community, not a policy determining constituency. its too late though. i make no apologies for thinking that. i take it in tunbridge wells the muslim community is not so much of an influence on your daily life as it is on mine.

i dont think anyones been brainwashed. saying that a prevailing culture exists not of tolerance but of placing excessive importance on the feelings of certain sectors of society, is not the same as brainwashing. you are being very silly.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
i dont think anyones been brainwashed. saying that a prevailing culture exists not of tolerance but of placing excessive importance on the feelings of certain sectors of society, is not the same as brainwashing.

I agree.

Edit: Actually, I agree with the whole thing.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

yes i do think its a poorer place that we have politicians that pander to what should be at best a very marginal and guest community, not a policy determining constituency. its too late though. i make no apologies for thinking that. i take it in tunbridge wells the muslim community is not so much of an influence on your daily life as it is on mine.

i dont think anyones been brainwashed. saying that a prevailing culture exists not of tolerance but of placing excessive importance on the feelings of certain sectors of society, is not the same as brainwashing. you are being very silly.
is 100% correct. ( take note rusthall seagull )

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Are you replying to my post or Rusthall Seagulls'?

If you are responding to my post I was never trying to make you look idiotic, I was merely asking your opinion as to whether you think David Cameron would have sent this message also. If you think it is a political imperative that is not exclusive to the Labour Party why not make that point in your original post? If you think it is a political imperative that is not exclusive to the Labour Party, why mention that this sort of thing has been nurtured by the pro multicultural elite under their time in power? If it is not exclusive to Labour then surely the Tories would have done the same?

Wasn't multiculturalism actually started under Thatcher's government in response to the Toxteth and Brixton race riots?

Not sure I have made myself look a mug either, if it is me your are talking to. You have not shown yourself up in a very good light by the rather abusive response to either mine or Rusthall Seagull's post

i dont give a monkeys what sort of light i am shown in on an internet message board so thats that out the way.

you were desperate to go oh oh oh wouldnt the tories do the same like i had some anti labour axe to grind and couldnt see the wood for the trees. i told you that wasnt the case and thats the end of it.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

what the hell has that got to do with anything?

you are correct - there are not lots and lots of the Muslim type here...if there were I would change my mind completely - I used to like black people and homosexuals until they began to move into the area....

Play it anyway you like - you are assuming that my views on Religous tolerance have been driven by the 'liberal elite' - SILLY BOY

If you are really looking for an answer to the question 'UK in 10 years time?' I would suggest that there is a fair chance that the answer will be NO.

The Scots will respond to the election of a Tory government by voting for independence. Cameron will let them have it. He will believe that this will give the Tories control of England and Wales FOREVER.

And in ten years time ... the Conservative Party will disintegrate into factions, when people realise that there is some value in having an effective opposition to the Government.

treacherous C U N T

You obviously didn't understand what I'm saying.
I'm not saying these people were right to fight our troops, what I'm saying is they were mis-guided to pick up weapons against our troops. If they were given the correct information, these otherwise normal people defending their faith and right to worship it (just as we and the Americans have, and Iraq also had under Sadam) would not be fighting our troops at all - they might even have been welcoming the liberation from the megalomaniac!
Instead, Bush sent them a message that we were coming to fight their religion, kill them and their families, and repeat the barbarism that took place under the "crusade".
That was a horrible mistake - troops went to fight terrorism and an out-of-control megalomaniac, not religion. That Sadam wanted to undermine the US financially too, is another associated issue.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Play it anyway you like - you are assuming that my views on Religous tolerance have been driven by the 'liberal elite' - SILLY BOY

rubbish show me where i said that. seriously. show me where i said your views on religious tolerance have been driven by a liberal elite. go on.

SILLY BOY indeed. Isnt it time for a nice cup of tea and a scone up the pantiles.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You obviously didn't understand what I'm saying.
I'm not saying these people were right to fight our troops, what I'm saying is they were mis-guided to pick up weapons against our troops. If they were given the correct information, these otherwise normal people defending their faith and right to worship it (just as we and the Americans have, and Iraq also had under Sadam) would not be fighting our troops at all - they might even have been welcoming the liberation from the megalomaniac!
Instead, Bush sent them a message that we were coming to fight their religion, kill them and their families, and repeat the barbarism that took place under the "crusade".
That was a horrible mistake - troops went to fight terrorism and an out-of-control megalomaniac, not religion. That Sadam wanted to undermine the US financially too, is another associated issue.
im ex army so i react very strongly in that way, as for troops going to fight terrorism ,i disagree , i think they went because the usa was looking to pin the blame for 9/11 on someone and saddam fitted the bill, and nice parochial unworldly middle america went along with it, and now look , iran can f*** about with uranium enrichment and basically stick two fingers up to us . and we can do nothing about it.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

I do agree with pretty much all that you say. There are certain things that have to remain as part of the fabric of this country, such as all lessons in English at schools, all street signs in English and only English.

Religion is a personal issue though really, anyone can choose to be whatever religion they want in this country and should have freedom to exercise their right to worship however they choose (without causing any problems with other races/religions etc), that is one reason why this is a great country.

However, going back to Browns address, I don't have too much issue with that, he is a politician looking for votes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he did something similar for Hindu or Jewish festivals etc. It is because it is to the Muslim community that it causes such angst among some White English people in my opinion and it is because the Islamic culture is the most alien to our own i.e women dressed in burkhas etc.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
is 100% correct. ( take note rusthall seagull )

quick question...how many church going Christians are there in this country now?

I would guess, fewer than practising Muslims ? If this is the case and your friend is 100% correct, then shouldn't be stop paying lip service to this minority and cancel the Christmas/Easter message? After all, surely by showing any support to a marginal or guest minority is making this country a poorer place to live....

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I do agree with pretty much all that you say. There are certain things that have to remain as part of the fabric of this country, such as all lessons in English at schools, all street signs in English and only English.

Religion is a personal issue though really, anyone can choose to be whatever religion they want in this country and should have freedom to exercise their right to worship however they choose (without causing any problems with other races/religions etc), that is one reason why this is a great country.

However, going back to Browns address, I don't have too much issue with that, he is a politician looking for votes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he did something similar for Hindu or Jewish festivals etc. It is because it is to the Muslim community that it causes such angst among some White English people in my opinion and it is because the Islamic culture is the most alien to our own i.e women dressed in burkhas etc.
good post.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Good point Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

Have Brown and Blears done video messages for EVERY faith represented in this country?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
rubbish show me where i said that. seriously. show me where i said your views on religious tolerance have been driven by a liberal elite. go on.

SILLY BOY indeed. Isnt it time for a nice cup of tea and a scone up the pantiles.

yeah....with all me raghead and Darkie mates.....

actually off to the Compasses for a nice pie and chips...will come back to the 'religious tolerance' comments when I am long beer (long.... dont they only say that in the city??)

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Fair one simmo but I would say that islam is far closer to christianity than say hinduism and buddhism for example, which are far more alien in truth. A little less aggressive in this society though thats what causes the problems with islam. It is fear that causes a lot of problems yes, but Pantiles Seagull and the other nobs would have you believe you are an idiotic bigot for not dismissing these fears from your all white tory commuter town.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If you are really looking for an answer to the question 'UK in 10 years time?' I would suggest that there is a fair chance that the answer will be NO.

The Scots will respond to the election of a Tory government by voting for independence. Cameron will let them have it. He will believe that this will give the Tories control of England and Wales FOREVER.

And in ten years time ... the Conservative Party will disintegrate into factions, when people realise that there is some value in having an effective opposition to the Government.

Not having a pop mate but do you HONESTLY believe that?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

As I suspected it is Brown trying to wangle votes. Here he is on the festival of Diwali addressing Sikhs and Hindus.

YouTube - The Prime Minister's Diwali message

im ex army so i react very strongly in that way, as for troops going to fight terrorism ,i disagree , i think they went because the usa was looking to pin the blame for 9/11 on someone and saddam fitted the bill, and nice parochial unworldly middle america went along with it, and now look , iran can f*** about with uranium enrichment and basically stick two fingers up to us . and we can do nothing about it.

Yes, I understand you reacting strongly if you thought my opinion was that our enemies are right to fight against our troops!

About Iran though, I think the thing we can do about it, is to bring them to open dialogue and not slam the door on them as a nation. Opposing their leader is one thing - I heard that even the Iranian people don't fully support him on the whole and many would like to see the end of his leadership. As the USA knows from experience, a nation kept in fear actually tend to stand by their leadership, so maintaining an open diplomacy whilst keeping a close eye on them might be more prudent. In that way, we may see his power diminish in the eyes of his own populace and they'll get rid of him themselves.
It was known that he was on shaky ground with his country years ago, but US focus seems to have consolidated his status.

It's said that if you want publicity there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here