Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK in 10 years time?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I fear David Cameron couldn't turn a swivel chair around, let alone the UK.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I reckon our much-missed Silky Dave Cameron has a better chance of "turning it around" than his namesake, whatever that might entail

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's no way that Cameron will be in charge in 10 years' time. That would mean him winning three elections in a row, something that's hardly ever been done (I'm aware that Thatch and Bliar did it, but the former had two opposition parties taking votes from each other and the latter had the Tories fighting a civil war).

If Labour lose the next election - and I'm still not wholly convinced that will happen - they won't be stupid enough to start turning on each other.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Possibly 'yes' as the economy will start to come out of this downturn in 3-5 years. If the Conservatives do get a large enough landslide in the next election, they may well win a second term, by which time the economy will be on the rise and everybody will have the 'feel good factor' and they may well get in for a 3rd term!!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I wonder how relevant politicians will be, they obviously have no control over which direction this country takes as we tied to U.S apron strings and will probably be dominated by EU. politicians will basically be P.R. monkeys who just have to grin when times are good and scowl and look concerned when times are bad

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I predict Diddy Dave Cameron will be spinning out of control in a very big shit pit. Might be quite amusing mind :D

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Will Falmer have started by then?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
i think sadly we'll be more like the USA in our outlook.

and have lots of minging new houses built by people who don't give a shit what they look like or what the impact is upon the local environment.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Maybe some day a candidate would come forward who has no hidden agenda, knew the difference between a wish list and what can actually be done, answers questions with a yes or no answer, had the state of the nation as number one priority, had experience of working class conditions and needs, had no celebrity ambitions, not interested in how they will be remembered in history, experienced the state education system first hand, spent time at an NHS hospital and was not in politics aiming for a career as an after dinner speaker in later life.
As Brewster would say vote for 'None of the above!'

larus

Labour inherited an economy in good health, with large budget surplusses forecast by Kenneth Clarke and have proceeded to spunk all of this and more (3g licence money, windfall tax), and have put the country in a position of having huge debts (not to mention the off-balance sheet debt of PFI).

Hmm, can the Tories do any worse? Well, I'm sure if the concentrated really, really hard, they might be able to, but let's face it, this complete shower of shit is going to be hard to compete with,

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The fact that the tories among you think Cameron is the answer shows how f***ing clueless you have to be nowadays to consider voting Tory

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Blair (liar), Brown (incompetent) & the Labour Party (shambles) have brought this country to its knees. It's time for a change and only time will tell if Cameron is up to it although he would appear to have some good policy makers to advise him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If anyone still thinks that Labour's the answer, please let me know what the question is.

Take your pick.

Which Party has built an entire economy on the basis of an ever-burgeoning national debt ?
Which Party has introduced and inflicted a plethora of stealth taxes on the populace ?
Which Party sold off Britains gold reserves at a fraction of their true value ?
Which Party has thieved from pension funding to help prop up its vast army of bureaucrats ?
Which Party suffocates businesses and the self employed with reems and reems of red tape and regulation ?
Which Party has lost control of its borders to the extent that it now has no clue whatsoever how many illegal immigrants are here ?
Which party pledges to help the poorest workers, whilst doubling their income tax overnight ?

Anyone wish to continue ? I've got a meeting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here