Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UFO's - Do you believe that Extraterrestrials have visited/are visiting this planet?

Extraterrestrial Visitation of Earth

• In the past yes, in modern times no

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • In the past yes, and in modern times yes

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • I believe they exist, but I don't believe they have ever been here

Votes: 83 49.7%
  • I don't believe in extraterrestrials

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Given what we know about the scale of our universe, which is admittedly very little; it is a virtual impossibility that there are no forms of intelligent alien life out there somewhere.

Agree with this, I think the only thing we can say with complete certainty is that all intelligent life has, thus far, avoided NSC

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Always an interesting subject to debate as it stirs up so many different opinions and that's all they can ever be as no one really knows much about this planet beyond the last couple of thousand years which is a blink of an eye. How many of you 'really' believe in Darwin's 'theory of evolution' or the 'big bang' I wonder.
Regarding extra terrestrial visitors, they may not even be from elsewhere but the former inhabitants of this planet, way before the explosion of human life began to destroy it, which will surely happen in 500/1000 years if the population and consumption of commodities keep on at the present rate.
We are undoubtedly coming to an age of great change and an understanding that there is more to life on earth and in the universe than we presently know. If advanced civilizations are observing the earth, and this reality would terrify the bulk of the population and destroy many theories - the next 50 or so years will determine to what extent any intervention will be necessary, to save us from ourselves.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
this reality would terrify the bulk of the population and destroy many theories - the next 50 or so years will determine to what extent any intervention will be necessary, to save us from ourselves.
Which theories do you think it would destroy?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To answer the original question, I don't know. What I do know is that no-one else knows either. From what we think we know at the moment it would suggest no ther life exists. It takes the most extraordinary, uncalculable odds to even spark life. You need exacting conditions and the fact that this happened once is a miracle enough, the chances of it happening elsewhere are vastly remote but no-one can rule it out however, it is unlikely.

As for aliens visiting us with technology well, that seems highly unlikely. Man is more than capable of inventing technology and being able to demostrate how it was invented quite satisfactoraly. Human evolution accelerated rapidly due to perfectly earthly reasons. We learned how to cook food, in turn releasing more proteins, accelerating our brain growth, enabling us to farm, leaving time to ponder the more abstract questions rather than pure survival. Hence, advancement. No aliens need be present at all.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I don't really believe in UFO's visiting our planet, but I definitely believe there is life out there. Think of our galaxy, and how many more there are, there has to be life elsewhere. Whether that be life in the form of tiny bugs/insects or life forms like ourselves.

Always an interesting subject to debate as it stirs up so many different opinions and that's all they can ever be as no one really knows much about this planet beyond the last couple of thousand years which is a blink of an eye. How many of you 'really' believe in Darwin's 'theory of evolution' or the 'big bang' I wonder.
No it doesn't. It stirs up 2 opinions. Those who look at scientific facts and those who believe in unsupported conspiracy theories.

Regarding extra terrestrial visitors, they may not even be from elsewhere but the former inhabitants of this planet, way before the explosion of human life began to destroy it, which will surely happen in 500/1000 years if the population and consumption of commodities keep on at the present rate.

WTF is that supposed to mean? That the 'alien visitors' are in fact time travelling ancestors of ours? That's even more insane than the idea that aliens regularly visit us but their existence is kept secret by the cabal of lizards and illuminati so this power crazed group can use alien technology to make themselves rich.

We are undoubtedly coming to an age of great change and an understanding that there is more to life on earth and in the universe than we presently know. If advanced civilizations are observing the earth, and this reality would terrify the bulk of the population and destroy many theories - the next 50 or so years will determine to what extent any intervention will be necessary, to save us from ourselves.

If this advanced alien civilisation is there and 'observing us' why the f*** would they bother to 'save us from ourselves'? Seriously? Do you really think that humanity is that special that a supremely advanced civilisation would step in to save us?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spot on again [MENTION=239]readingstockport[/MENTION]. Well done to you and [MENTION=256]DTES[/MENTION] for comprehensively exposing the numpties in a way I suspect most of us sane people couldn't be arsed to do.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
good post readingstockport. The problem with Dingo and Brunswick et al is that they grasp other ct's opinions and think they sound cool, think they fit in with their unfounded ideals and run with it, without once checking to see if the ideas hold water or even make sense.Time travellers from our past masquerading as aliens? Give me strength.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Spot on again [MENTION=239]readingstockport[/MENTION]. Well done to you and [MENTION=256]DTES[/MENTION] for comprehensively exposing the numpties in a way I suspect most of us sane people couldn't be arsed to do.

ok, instead of name calling, explain these away then......in your most honest rational opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4l7jDa2P7k&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpRtQmZ-wVQ&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViEq_wwu2NM&feature=player_embedded

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
[YT]TiIrpEMbQ2M[/YT]

Video clip of 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film - Time Traveller / Alien using communication device (and look at the size of HER feet)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

The best explanation I can offer you is that someone has photographed a light near the sun (not really that unusual) and have made an entire video of them using differant filters to zoom in and out of unfocused black and blue blobs, intermittently pointing out blobs and asking if they are turrets and windows. They then pan slowly across the blobs so closely that no detail is visible except more fuzzy blobs. That about sums it up I think.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ok, instead of name calling, explain these away then......in your most honest rational opinion.
I can't see youtube from work. Can't you EVER explain things in your own words instead of posting links to crackpot youtube videos? It just makes you seem even more thick.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I can't see youtube from work. Can't you EVER explain things in your own words instead of posting links to crackpot youtube videos? It just makes you seem even more thick.

If you can see the pic it doesn't get any better than that. Just a camera moving across the still photo.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
So hold on, in stead of being cool about what other people believe, you're all insulting each other. It shall come back and nip you on the bum.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Posts like this miss the point by a distance almost as large as that between the stars.

Just because something is unexplained does not mean that it must be a higher power/aliens. Honestly - I don't know for certain what is in those videos (mainly because I can't watch them at work), but that's irrelevant. Even if I can never explain to you what it is, that doesn't mean it's aliens!

Thousands of years ago, humans guessed that the Sun must be a higher power, or a god, watching over them. Do you think that the Sun actually was a god until we proved what it really was?

Option 1: It's aliens/a higher power
Option 2: It's another reason that neither you, I, nor anyone else has discovered yet

There is nothing wrong with not knowing - nobody is claiming we know everything - the problem is when people step into the gaps in our knowledge and try to fill them with pseudoscientific crap and conspiracy theories, safe in the knowledge they'll convince at least a minority of the population.

Not having an explanation (yet) is not evidence for your crackpot theories.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
As usual, a complete lack of detail accompanied by wild suppositions and in this case some silly noises. Even if these pictures are genuine, which I doubt, space is full of natural objects such as comets which quite often all into the sun.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Brunswick, can I ask what your explanation is for those videos?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here