Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21's - Zaha booked for diving and substituted

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
It wasn't a dive. He fell over, didn't appeal and instantly got up after stumbling. Disgraceful refereeing to book him.

Nice to see another thread on the best player in the Championship.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Can a mod merge this with all the other Wilf threads you keep starting ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It wasn't a dive. He fell over, didn't appeal and instantly got up after stumbling. Disgraceful refereeing to book him.

Nice to see another thread on the 3rd best player in the Championship.

After Ince and Buckley

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
After Ince and Buckley

BUCKLEY? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Less goals than Wilf last season, less goals than Wilf this season, less assists than Wilf last season, less assists than Wilf this season. Oh, and he's 3 years older. :facepalm:

I look forward to reading about Man City/Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool bidding £12m for him :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Buckley is a decent Championship winger and might play in the Premiership one day. Wilf is good enough for the Premiership now, and will probably play for England. No rational person would ever agree that Buckley is better than Zaha, especially considering how much younger Wilfried is. Which is why Buckley is worth about £2m, and Wilfried is worth far, far more.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
BUCKLEY? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Less goals than Wilf last season, less goals than Wilf this season, less assists than Wilf last season, less assists than Wilf this season. Oh, and he's 3 years older. :facepalm:

Depends on whether you read stats right or wrong

Last season

Buckley was 8 goals from 27 appearances (15 as a sub)
Zara was 9 goals from 48 appearances

I make that 0.2963 compared to 0.1875 massive difference in goals per game

Assists shows a similar story, the official stats show Buckley had 2 and Zara 3

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Depends on whether you read stats right or wrong

Last season

Buckley was 8 goals from 27 appearances (15 as a sub)
Zara was 9 goals from 48 appearances

I make that 0.2963 compared to 0.1875 massive difference in goals per game

Assists shows a similar story, the official stats show Buckley had 2 and Zara 3

Who the f*** is Zara? You'd think that with him being the most talked about young player in the country and everything, you'd get his name right? Have you not been reading the papers?

Wilfried had a lot more than 3 assists. I don't think goals/game matters as much as their comparative age - in that Wilfried was playing his first full season of competitive football and Buckley was already 21. Even at 19 he has established himself as the best player in the division which is why the Premier League Champions/Arsene Wenger/AVB/Rogers want to sign him, and hardly anyone outside of Sussex/Watford has heard of Buckley.

Wilfried has already got 4 assists and 4 goals last season. He was good last year, but this year he is even better. He is simply unplayable. Ask any Forest, Bolton, Cardiff or Wolves fan who the best player on the pitch was when we played - every one would say that Wilf was. He's simply too good for us, and much too good for anyone he plays against. We are extremely lucky that we'll be able to enjoy him until (probably) the summer, at which point we'll receive comfortably over £10m for his services.

Comparing Buckley to Wilfried is like comparing Selhurst to the Amex. You've got undoubtedly the better stadium, we've got the better players. I'll take that :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Who the f*** is Zara? You'd think that with him being the most talked about young player in the country and everything, you'd get his name right? Have you not been reading the papers?

Wilfried had a lot more than 3 assists. I don't think goals/game matters as much as their comparative age - in that Wilfried was playing his first full season of competitive football and Buckley was already 21. Even at 19 he has established himself as the best player in the division which is why the Premier League Champions/Arsene Wenger/AVB/Rogers want to sign him, and hardly anyone outside of Sussex/Watford has heard of Buckley.

Wilfried has already got 4 assists and 4 goals last season. He was good last year, but this year he is even better. He is simply unplayable. Ask any Forest, Bolton, Cardiff or Wolves fan who the best player on the pitch was when we played - every one would say that Wilf was. He's simply too good for us, and much too good for anyone he plays against. We are extremely lucky that we'll be able to enjoy him until (probably) the summer, at which point we'll receive comfortably over £10m for his services.

Comparing Buckley to Wilfried is like comparing Selhurst to the Amex. You've got undoubtedly the better stadium, we've got the better players. I'll take that :)

Sorry, but I only ever seem to read about him on here. Frankly I couldn't give a toss about him. Go discuss him somewhere else please. £10 million?
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

cookie.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here