Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21's - Zaha booked for diving and substituted

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We have plenty of exciting young players coming through such as Reise Allassani (who many inside the club feel could potentially be better than Zaha. Theres also Kyle De Silva again another top prospect and then there is Johnny Williams who is already a very good little midfielder, you must remember him he played last year at yours.......

Please do remind me what prospects and current talent your academy has produced?

:lol:

So will you finish above us this season?

No you won't, just like last season :)

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
No need to dream.

brighton-ntg-planning.jpg

To be completed by the 2014 season.

Stop it with the facts you will make six fingers jealous. :wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well tell your fellow fans to stop starting a new thread about him everyday !!

We cannot go without a bit of Nigel baiting you know. :lol:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Well tell your fellow fans to stop starting a new thread about him everyday !!

If there were not so many Nigels on here banging on about him to start with the situation would not need discussing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Who the f*** is Zara? You'd think that with him being the most talked about young player in the country and everything, you'd get his name right? Have you not been reading the papers?

Wilfried had a lot more than 3 assists. I don't think goals/game matters as much as their comparative age - in that Wilfried was playing his first full season of competitive football and Buckley was already 21. Even at 19 he has established himself as the best player in the division which is why the Premier League Champions/Arsene Wenger/AVB/Rogers want to sign him, and hardly anyone outside of Sussex/Watford has heard of Buckley.

Wilfried has already got 4 assists and 4 goals last season. He was good last year, but this year he is even better. He is simply unplayable. Ask any Forest, Bolton, Cardiff or Wolves fan who the best player on the pitch was when we played - every one would say that Wilf was. He's simply too good for us, and much too good for anyone he plays against. We are extremely lucky that we'll be able to enjoy him until (probably) the summer, at which point we'll receive comfortably over £10m for his services.

Comparing Buckley to Wilfried is like comparing Selhurst to the Amex. You've got undoubtedly the better stadium, we've got the better players. I'll take that :)

Ooh touchy.

I think goals per game is far more important than age is. A thirty year old player who has scored 300 goals in 500 matches is far far far far far better than a youngster like Winifred Zara who, like most young players is going through a purple patch at the moment, and scores on average once every 5 games or so. The refs are already noting his name so expect far less penalty assists in future, likewise defenders will be watching him now. Lets see what his stats are at 30 to compare.

We had a similar problems because we play proper football, not just hit and hope like the majority of teams and our opponents sometimes have worked out how to negate our tactics by parking the bus and playing ugly football, same will happen to him.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Who the f*** is Zara? You'd think that with him being the most talked about young player in the country and everything, you'd get his name right? Have you not been reading the papers?

Wilfried had a lot more than 3 assists. I don't think goals/game matters as much as their comparative age - in that Wilfried was playing his first full season of competitive football and Buckley was already 21. Even at 19 he has established himself as the best player in the division which is why the Premier League Champions/Arsene Wenger/AVB/Rogers want to sign him, and hardly anyone outside of Sussex/Watford has heard of Buckley.

Wilfried has already got 4 assists and 4 goals last season. He was good last year, but this year he is even better. He is simply unplayable. Ask any Forest, Bolton, Cardiff or Wolves fan who the best player on the pitch was when we played - every one would say that Wilf was. He's simply too good for us, and much too good for anyone he plays against. We are extremely lucky that we'll be able to enjoy him until (probably) the summer, at which point we'll receive comfortably over £10m for his services.

Comparing Buckley to Wilfried is like comparing Selhurst to the Amex. You've got undoubtedly the better stadium, we've got the better players. I'll take that :)

1) If all these clubs want him, why have no bids been made other than Bolton for £4m?

2) Your winning streak is off the back of dives in boxes and penalties. We've scored more goals than you, and conceded far far less. Better players? Possibly in some departments, but overrall, nope. CMS has scored more than Murray without the need of penalties. I'd take CMS over Murray, obviously wouldn't mind having both. But if I had to choose, then I'd take CMS because of his work rate.

I think anything over £6m will be out of sight. I value Zaha at about £5m. But then again, I'm only speculating. Clubs cannot demand a price, the price is determined by the market. So if anything, we'll have to see in January or the summer to find his true value.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The most talked about young player in the country ?!?!

Think of all the young future England talents in midfield. . .

Tom Ince
Lansbury
Nick Powell
Raheem Sterling
Oxlade Chamberlain
Andros Townsend
Ben Marshall
Ross Barkley
Jacob Butterfield
Gary Gardner
Alex Nimely

Seaside sort it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't think anyone denies him being a good player for his age but the price tags being branded about are laughable and as for him being the best player in the championship? Tom Ince is better and many others, and I personally don't think he will ever make it to a BIG club as from what I've seen I don't think he has the head on his shoulders to fullfill his talents, much like most English young players unfortunately, we'll see more about his talents as to how he continues this season anyway, good start granted but we'll see I have a sneaky feeling it won't contnue

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
1) If all these clubs want him, why have no bids been made other than Bolton for £4m?

2) Your winning streak is off the back of dives in boxes and penalties. We've scored more goals than you, and conceded far far less. Better players? Possibly in some departments, but overrall, nope. CMS has scored more than Murray without the need of penalties. I'd take CMS over Murray, obviously wouldn't mind having both. But if I had to choose, then I'd take CMS because of his work rate.

I think anything over £6m will be out of sight. I value Zaha at about £5m. But then again, I'm only speculating. Clubs cannot demand a price, the price is determined by the market. So if anything, we'll have to see in January or the summer to find his true value.

Literally zero of our penalties this season have been dives. Not a single one.

As for why the bids haven't come yet - the top clubs were waiting until he started scoring. If you read the papers, the Daily Mail are reporting that Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are going to start a bidding war, opening the bidding at £12m. Many other papers are reporting the same thing.

If you value Zaha at £5m, you're stupid. It's a good thing you're not in charge of a football club. Also, the reason you value him so pathetically is that you haven't seen him play this season. If we sold Zaha for £9m we'd be getting absolutely mugged off, yet alone 5! It simply shows your bias that you value him over 2 times lower than the media, 4 times lower than our own chairman, and as highly as Bolton did when they bid £4.5m and Parish said the bid was "absolutely nowhere near our valuation".

Clearly if we've already turned down £4.5m and noted how pathetic the bid was to the press, we're not going to accept anything close to that.

See Steve Parish on Twitter yesterday:
James Corden ‏@JKCorden
"@TEAMtalk:#CPFC chairman Steve Parish insists club will not consider bids under £20m winger Wilfried Zaha: I bet he goes for less than 10m!

Steve Parish ‏@CEO4TAG
@JKCorden How much would you like that bet to be for?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Literally zero of our penalties this season have been dives. Not a single one.
Clearly if we've already turned down £4.5m and noted how pathetic the bid was to the press, we're not going to accept anything close to that

What , like the Palace player running towards the box , sees the defender put his leg out for a tackle and with the momentum flies horizontally 5 yards so the officials think a foul is committed INSIDE the penalty area ? Or Winifred going down when no contact has been made ?
The £4.5M bid that was widely reported as £7M to inflate the club's and player's ego ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Palace do have an inflated view of their youngsters. The only team I have seen to produce quality academy players on a regular basis is Southampton.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton

WOW I've just realised it has honestly taken to this VERY DAY to see a palace admit that! Crazy when you think about it. Honestly. I have never seen one admit it. I feel like I've just seen a loch ness monster or f***ed a yeti's missus. Good for you Seaside!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As for why the bids haven't come yet - the top clubs were waiting until he started scoring. If you read the papers, the Daily Mail are reporting that Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are going to start a bidding war, opening the bidding at £12m. Many other papers are reporting the same thing.

:lolol: so you believe what the papers say, next you will be quoting football rumours :lolol:

You do realise a club can put any value on a player or anything for example, I could put the pen I currently have in my mouth whilst typing this post up on ebay at a starting bid of £20m, that doesn't actually mean I will sell it, after all in the championship a player such as Winifred Zara is only an El Abd tackle away from being worth zilch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here