Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyre Slashed at Eldred Avenue

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely it's just the lazy gits who park near the ground. I'd have thought a brisk mile walk would do most of you the world of good.

A lot of older fans although not registered as disabled find great difficulty in walking sucha distance.

It is an old stupid rstriction that we had to agree to in order to play at Withdean as we had no option but should now be relaxed as it is only for about 3 - 4 hours on a Saturday. What do residents near the other 95 club grounds do, absolutley ridiculous..

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes correct was in a hurry!

It was probably worth it though eh? Great performance, I think the 4-5-1 formation is really working well at the moment, and isn't as negative as it may appear on paper, because we have the genuine wide men pushing on and getting behind them. The 3 in the middle of the park played superbly, so nice to finally see what Navarro was brought here for, because his performances up until now haven't inspired me with any confidence whatsoever.

Dicker was rightfully MOM, although there were plenty of excellent candidates for once. Lua Lua, especially in the first half was just mesmerising their right back, who simply didn't know how to even begin to stop him. Elphick also had a very strong game at the back, and of course opened the scoring, while El-Abd .... I said it after Charlton, and I'll say it again ..... really DOES show that sometimes that he can be a very good centre half.

So, what was your take on the game?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Because there's a function in a neighbourhood, doesn't suddenly adjust the highway code.

True, but police often impose No Parking restrictions on roads close to events which I believe is done in cahoots with local council & magistrates - thus creating a temporary change to the law.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If that happens then you cant park there but the Police dont put no parking signs around Withdean only on certain roads. So parking is legally permitted but against our use of the stadium. A condition that I think should be changed or relaxed.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So parking is legally permitted but against our use of the stadium. A condition that I think should be changed or relaxed because I'm lazy.

Fair enough.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I got "told" off by a resident yesterday for parking in a similar area, just ignored them. Yea we shouldn't but blablabla, wouldn't go otherwise! Mostbi have had is notes advising me that a photograph has been taken and send to the police and council, car is not registered or associated to the club and I don't wear colours so I am not "harming" the club in anyway.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Not sure where that is but if you go down to the bottom of the lane from Withdean Road people are now taking the piss with parking.

Good for them! They pay their road tax - why not park on the public highway? We always used to park in the park and ride car park next to the ground or along by the chinky when we drove there.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If that happens then you cant park there but the Police dont put no parking signs around Withdean only on certain roads. So parking is legally permitted but against our use of the stadium. A condition that I think should be changed or relaxed.

I don't know about this, people are going to have to ge used to park and rides, etc. for falmer.

D

Deleted User X18H

The thing is the rule is there but not to be broken.If the residents parking zone extended to that of Withdean/Westdene no one would park there on matchdays. However there is a deterrent whereby abiding by the rules allows the club to play at Withdean until May 2011. People used to park near me and walk to the ground via station road nothing wrong in that but since residents parking restrictions which dictate you must pay too park in what is now zone a I fear these people may now be parking where they perhaps shouldn't.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I don't know about this, people are going to have to ge used to park and rides, etc. for falmer.

Just what I was thinking. What will these folk do when we get to Falmer if they cannot park within a few hundred yards of the Stadium? It's not as if now the P & R delay you much getting home. Last night I was back home in Seaford by 5.45 and I stayed to applaud the players off the pitch. If I had parked my car in Eldred Avenue I would have been waiting in the queue to get onto London Road, which I see every match from the P & R bus on it's way to Mithras House.

Feb 14, 2010
Just what I was thinking. What will these folk do when we get to Falmer if they cannot park within a few hundred yards of the Stadium? It's not as if now the P & R delay you much getting home. Last night I was back home in Seaford by 5.45 and I stayed to applaud the players off the pitch. If I had parked my car in Eldred Avenue I would have been waiting in the queue to get onto London Road, which I see every match from the P & R bus on it's way to Mithras House.

I dont like park and ride. As a causal fan then for the average game I will pay to park at the university or southern water until the club build a car park opposite the new ground, as they might do one day. If I cant then I wont go. For a big game I might use the train.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BensGrandad;3377571 A condition that I think should be changed or relaxed.[/QUOTE said:
I noticed that Dougdeep saw fit to add a few words that are totally inaccurate without knowing anything about my physical sondaition or otherwise.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Here comes the torrent of abuse but why are there so many posters on here who:

If told they can't run on the pitch at the end of a match, insist they will run on?
If told of a parking restriction, insist on parking there?
If told it's a seated area, insist on standing?

Feb 14, 2010
Here comes the torrent of abuse but why are there so many posters on here who:

If told they can't run on the pitch at the end of a match, insist they will run on?
If told of a parking restriction, insist on parking there?
If told it's a seated area, insist on standing?

Some sympathy with your view, and I park outside the restrictions, its only a 5/10 minute walk and as Im fit to do the walk, then its no bother.
As for not standing then I dont agree. Football should be run for us punters, and people want to and so should be allowed to in certain areas of the ground. At Falmer the new north stand and maybe the new east stand to. Then there is a choice.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Surely it's just the lazy gits who park near the ground. I'd have thought a brisk mile walk would do most of you the world of good.

Spot on - I've walked from Withdean through Westdene to the park and ride with a 6 year old and carrying a 3 year old - it's hardly far and if you can't walk it then catch the bloody bus !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here