Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two players taking the same corner?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
The argument that it causes indecision in the defenders minds as to whether it will be in swinging, or out swinging was negated by the fact that McAllister took them all. Would have preferred Percy in the box to pick up pieces - better chance of a goal, and also someone involved if they breakout.

If you are going for the 2 man corner, you need to use both players, otherwise you are just taking a player out of the equation.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't see a problem with it myself - can't really see why anybody else has either, TBH. Our corners weren't marvels of productivity before, were they?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The argument that it causes indecision in the defenders minds as to whether it will be in swinging, or out swinging was negated by the fact that McAllister took them all. Would have preferred Percy in the box to pick up pieces - better chance of a goal, and also someone involved if they breakout.

If you are going for the 2 man corner, you need to use both players, otherwise you are just taking a player out of the equation.

Exactly this.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Post #146

That isn't the only argument for them though, is it - see further back in this thread. Anyway, still can't see a problem - little Perce ain't going to soar above giant defenders and pwer the ball into the back of the net - and as stated, it leaves the short corner option if a defender doesn't come it to cover it.

Anyway, to save arguing about it, I'll just change my 'I don't see a problem with it' to 'I don't have a problem with it'. :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tat isn't the only argument for them though, is it - see further back in this thread. Anyway, still can't see a problem - little Perce ain't going to soar above giant defenders and pwer the ball into the back of the net - and as stated, it leaves the short corner option if a defender doesn't come it to cover it.

Anyway, to save arguing about it, I'll just change my 'I don't see a problem with it' to 'I don't have a problem with it'. :thumbsup:

I was really making the point about today, I get why it works in some games but seemed pointless having Tau there after the 5th corner.
Also I always thought with a short corner the other player doesn’t usually stand behind the corner flag.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That isn't the only argument for them though, is it - see further back in this thread. Anyway, still can't see a problem - little Perce ain't going to soar above giant defenders and pwer the ball into the back of the net - and as stated, it leaves the short corner option if a defender doesn't come it to cover it.

A header isn’t the only way of scoring from a corner

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
See 'I don't have' a problem with it - In other words, I'm not bothered!

It is just that it seems a waste of a player, unless you actually switch it around a bit. After the 3rd corner, BPool (as did we all) knew PT was not going to be involved. Would have been of more use sorting out the half time oranges.

PT in the box is not going to win headers, but could pick up scraps.

PT holding back has pace to deal with counter attacks.
Putting him next to McAllister at corners? Might as well put him at the back of the West Stand

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Still it give our fans something to moan about instead of not having a player on the half way line for corners
I was going to say something similar.

It's a plan that G Pott and his homies have conjured up to piss us fans off and give us something more to moan about obviously.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It is just that it seems a waste of a player, unless you actually switch it around a bit. After the 3rd corner, BPool (as did we all) knew PT was not going to be involved. Would have been of more use sorting out the half time oranges.

Putting him next to McAllister at corners? Might as well put him at the back of the West Stand

You are wasting your time, he isn’t bothered........:)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I re-iterate - I'm still not bothered! I''m happy with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here