Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two players taking the same corner?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Are you man enough to admit you were wrong?

Of course - should such an occasion ever arise :shrug:

Come on then, don’t keep the good people of NSC waiting? You said very clearly having two men on the corners was daft and offered, and I quote “zero advantage”. And yet today it led directly to our second goal.

Let’s hear it loud and clear?!?!

That approach that you call daft just directly contributed to us scoring a goal from a corner. You have been made to look a total mug and you aren’t even man enough to hold your hands up and admit it.

The corner that led to our second goal was a short corner.
I may be wrong here but the point the OP and THPP were talking about wasn’t about short corners. I believe it was 2 players lined up either side of the flag and only one actually sending the ball into the box ( ??? maybe :) )
A short corner has obviously been around for years and this isn’t what the thread is about IMO.

What's that all about then? definitely looks like something new off the training ground, but I can't really see how it creates any confusion or gives us an advantage. Just seems like a waste of a man to me ???

just get it in the box ffs!

It draws out a defender so keeps the same ratio in the box, not sure it's given us much though in the way of goal threat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I may be wrong here but the point the OP and THPP were talking about wasn’t about short corners. I believe it was 2 players lined up either side of the flag and only one actually sending the ball into the box ( ??? maybe :) )
A short corner has obviously been around for years and this isn’t what the thread is about IMO.

Alternatively a short corner is now more of a 'positive' play because with the 2 players always there it keeps the defenders guessing.
As opposed to player x seemingly rather randomly deciding to run towards the taker, every now and again.

I was a little perplexed by it and certainly enjoyed the initial humour, it bought us.
I think my line was 'great now we have 2 players out of position instead of one'.

But you'd think there would be no denying the upturn in threat from corners since it's bedded in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This. All day long. It was a bog standard short corner that West Ham weren't switched on for. Any attempt to project the goal on to some sort of Potter tactical genius with two players lined up either side of the corner flag is amusing to me. And possibly thee :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's our thinking with this now? :lolol:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
What's that all about then? definitely looks like something new off the training ground, but I can't really see how it creates any confusion or gives us an advantage. Just seems like a waste of a man to me ???

just get it in the box ffs!
, Or ..., have "player 2" available for a short one !

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This. All day long. It was a bog standard short corner that West Ham weren't switched on for. Any attempt to project the goal on to some sort of Potter tactical genius with two players lined up either side of the corner flag is amusing to me. And possibly thee :wink:

Still a bad idea is it mate?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I liked it.its usual for two players to hover over a free kick so why not a corner?from what I could work out ,the two players taking the corner where able to assess the marking in the box and decide who was best to pick out with an in swinger or an out swinger.also it means our players can spread themselves out in the box and not look a threat for an inswinger but suddenly is a threat if it's an outswinger and vice versa.i think other teams will follow potters lead and this will be the norm.genius.

Let me say i don't think its a bad idea.

Minus
If the corner goes wrong hoofed upfield for example, we would have i less player to get back and defend.

Plus
Its not rocket science as already mentioned, look where the ball is placed and only 1 player can take the kick as the corner post (flag) is in the way.
But if the Opposition does bring a man out of the box to defend, it does create more space.
If the opposition don't bring a man out of the box,it leads to a simple 2 yard pass and a much closer cross on goal as the player with the ball can run toward the box unmarked.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Daft? Why? We are now much more threatening from corners. The last handful of games prove that.
So you think it is daft to be good at corners!?

Can't wait til our visionary deep thinker introduces a Stoke-style long throw into the box and people start creaming themselves over that as well :lol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can't wait til our visionary deep thinker introduces a Stoke-style long throw into the box and people start creaming themselves over that as well :lol:

Speaking to you makes me think that i'd get a bit more rational common sense on the Leeds forums.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
That approach that you call daft just directly contributed to us scoring a goal from a corner. You have been made to look a total mug and you aren’t even man enough to hold your hands up and admit it.

The problem is when you nail your sail firmly to the mast it is the difficult to back-peddle or do a u-turn without losing face, so you stick to your original idea, whatever evidence is offered to the contrary.

For a better example than Brighton corners, see Boris and schools...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope he does. Stoke caused mayhem with those throws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here