Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two players taking the same corner?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I was going to say something similar.

It's a plan that G Pott and his homies have conjured up to piss us fans off and give us something more to moan about obviously.

I'm not generally a moaner, it's just that the plan doesn't work if the same player always takes the corner, and that the second player is surplus to requirements that could be better used? Just don't understand it. Why would we continue doing it?

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Opposition players don't know whether it's going to be inswinging or outswinging.

Worth a go, seeing as all our other corners have been shite all season.

They will as soon as the ball is struck, the second player is more useful in the area

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I re-iterate - I'm still not bothered! I''m happy with it.

Well it bothered me that we continued to waste a player at our set pieces. As said, PT would have been just as gainfully employed stewarding at the back of an empty West Stand, as standing next to Argie Mac. Although he might learn some technique I suppose......he did deliver some good corners.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'd imagine the manager spoke to our defenders and asked which one is harder to defend and they said 2 around the ball, it doesn't let you get set.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Team started using these corners and the team immediatly started to score goals and create chances off corners. What more do people want really. "I dont care if we've scored a lot of corner goals recently, I want to look like it did in the 60s!".

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Team started using these corners and the team immediatly started to score goals and create chances off corners. What more do people want really. "I dont care if we've scored a lot of corner goals recently, I want to look like it did in the 60s!".

How many goals?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We've had about 3 seasons of useless corners but since the Fulham game when the two players stand by the corner we have had plenty of decent corners. I'm very happy with the plan

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How many goals?

Two since starting to do this thing a little over a month ago, which I believe is more than the zero (?) scored before in all of the months before that.

Two goals per month from corners over a season would result in 18 goals from corners if I count correctly, and that would most likely be somewhere around the all-time high in PL.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd imagine the manager spoke to our defenders and asked which one is harder to defend and they said 2 around the ball, it doesn't let you get set.

That’s the key.

One of the players can run on to the pitch for a short corner, the opposition need to guard for this. Added to the difficulty in picking an in-swinger or out-swinger, it’s hardly surprising that tactical genius Pep uses this method too.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Two since starting to do this thing a little over a month ago, which I believe is more than the zero (?) scored before in all of the months before that.

Two goals per month from corners over a season would result in 18 goals from corners if I count correctly, and that would most likely be somewhere around the all-time high in PL.

I will look forward to seeing the goals flying in. :)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
How many goals?

Two - Dunk against West Ham and Wolves. We’ve also had far more opportunities. Webster hit the bar against Fulham and he and Dunk seem to be having decent chances in most games, most recently yesterday when they both could have scored and the amazing save from Dunk’s header against Newport and before you whinge that’s not enough, only 3% of corners in the Premier League lead to goals.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Two - Dunk against West Ham and Wolves. We’ve also had far more opportunities. Webster hit the bar against Fulham and he and Dunk seem to be having decent chances in most games, most recently yesterday when they both could have scored and the amazing save from Dunk’s header against Newport.

MacAllister delivered some very good corners yesterday, which he would have done without Tau standing next to him.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
MacAllister delivered some very good corners yesterday, which he would have done without Tau standing next to him.

Do you really not understand that the point is to keep the defence and keeper guessing if it will be an in or out swinger, a short corner etc?

Put it this way, why do teams put two players over a direct free kick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here