Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two match ban for Rooney

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I can't make up my mind of that post is tongue firmly in cheek, or unconsicously, wonderfully ironic.

i believe its the latter. either way its made me chuckle!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ronney(thug) is defo a twatt.....:wave: and he deserves a ban for shagging latex clad pensioners and being generally a sour faced , miserable , obscenely over paid , scouse KANT.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ronney is a twatt and deserves to get a ban if for nothing else but to get him back into the real world......who the f*** does he think he is. wanker

Ronney(thug) is defo a twatt.....:wave: and he deserves a ban for shagging latex clad pensioners and being generally a sour faced , miserable , obscenely over paid , scouse KANT.

Who does he think he is?....not Ronney for a start!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Team mates have all trotted back? really? He runs over to camera, er the camera in front of his fans that comes over to him? On the pitch, on the line is on the pitch.

View attachment 22672
View attachment 22675

View attachment 22673

The other picture didn't seem to show anything to me. The first two look to me like he is clearly off the pitch, though close to the line, and the third shows he's behind the line that angle with the post to the left and the net behind the goal in front of him is not likely to be from on the pitch.

He plays for a team that has more televised matches than anyone else (at least in this country), and they aren't like league one games where there is one camera behind the main stand, they have lots of cameras all over the place, including running up and down the lines and behind the goal. They are always in such invasive positions, that was nothing new.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
they have lots of cameras all over the place, including running up and down the lines and behind the goal. They are always in such invasive positions, that was nothing new.

Invasive ?
They were filming him celebrating a goal, not taking a dump.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Invasive ?
They were filming him celebrating a goal, not taking a dump.

I was struggling with my language use. I just meant in close proximity. The camera at withdean is well out of the way and the players can forget about them, in premier league/champions league matches they tend to run the line and are right there inches from the action, sometimes in the way when players are off the pitch to take throwins and corners etc.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Just heard Gordon Taylor (PFA) on Talksport complaining that the action taken by the FA is unfair as this ban for Rooney is sets a precedent and players have not been warned in advance. I know he is the players union rep and bound to talk on their behalf but come off it.....Taylor siad that Rooney apologised quickly after and sounded sincere.....as if he meant it.

Taylor said that swearing will happen in the heat of the moment during footie matches but would not accept that these richly rewarded players and role models should know what is reasonable, how to conduct themselves or recognise that swearing into a live TV camera is unacceptable. Taylor suggested the FA are being hypocritical because they failed to take action when Rooney spoke into the camera during the World Cup.

Personally I welcome the FA's action but suspect the punishment will get watered down. Patrick Barclay in The Times suggests the ban should be doubled, fat chance. Barclay also spoke on Talksport and suggested that the Man U factor also comes into play i.e. they do what they like one rule for them etc etc. Can't see him getting an interview with Fergie any time soon..

I bet Rooney gets a reduced ban on appeal.

It will be interesting to wind the clock forward a few years and see whether there has been any difference in Rooney's behaviour and what sort of headlines he attracts. I would like to think he will be a reformed character and let his footie do the talking but in reality I suspect he will become another Gazza.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It will be interesting to wind the clock forward a few years and see whether there has been any difference in Rooney's behaviour and what sort of headlines he attracts. I would like to think he will be a reformed character and let his footie do the talking but in reality I suspect he will become another Gazza.

He could turn into a Gazza, or another Roy Keane who was much the same at 24...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He is genuinely sorry and the foul mouthed wanker realised he had made a mistake immediatly.

BBC Sport - Football - Man United's Wayne Rooney explains swearing mistake

"I didn't realise what I'd done," he told talkSPORT. "It was just emotions." [What about all the other rants and the World Cup camera business?]

"It was a release of scoring the three goals to get us back in the game," he said. "As soon as I realised after the game I apologised as soon as I could. [I guess some people need a release. Whether it be swearing into a TV camera or shagging octogenarians or both]

"Of course, it was wrong of me to do.

"But I accept my punishment and you just have to move on. Hopefully the boys can pull through for me on Saturday, and hopefully get to that FA Cup final." [Accept his punishment after an appeal?]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here