Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two match ban for Rooney

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If you are sitting at home watching the game on TV (and have paid for the pleasure) with your young children, both my 7 and 4 year olds sometimes watch the football you would be happy to explain what he had just said to the camera. Although the full sentence (in rooney world) was not clear the word was and I would not be happy explaining to my children what he meant.

Another example of the joke that is the Premiership Circus and the out of control morons involved and I would say the same if it was one of our players.

Do you take your 7 and 4 olds to any live football matches? If so I expect they will have come across a lot of swearing already through certain crowd chants or even just individuals hurling abuse at players or officials or both. Swearing is unfortunately common place in football and to pick out one case like this smacks of a hidden agenda (i.e. the sunderland elbow they couldn't ban him for). If it had been a Bolton player there wouldn't have been any reaction in the press whatsoever.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, you're right. You and Bold Seagull are spot on. The nasty camera crew ran onto the pitch, and chased little Wayne for a reaction. They followed him around for the rest of the game, then jumped in the bath with him, and stole his shower gel. Its no WONDER he lost the plot under that kind of provocation.

Don't get your knickers in a twist! I was just pointing out that Brighton goals are not covered in quite the same way as a Premier League game. Who knows what some of our players have shouted. The camera man was on the pitch, neither myself or McShane have justified Rooney's actions, just corrected your inaccuracy. You can pick your toys up now.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No, you're right. You and Bold Seagull are spot on. The nasty camera crew ran onto the pitch, and chased little Wayne for a reaction. They followed him around for the rest of the game, then jumped in the bath with him, and stole his shower gel. Its no WONDER he lost the plot under that kind of provocation.

Eh? Not saying it meritted his reaction or the camera man did anything wrong, just that he didn't go chargind across the pitch to find the nearest camera to abuse in to

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The cameraman ran onto the pitch? Why make things up to suit your argument? He did no such thing.

And all those saying it was a release of emotion immediately on scoring - that's frankly rubbish too. I've scored a goal, and yelled "f***ing YES", I'm sure I have. Rooney scored, then got mobbed by his team-mates, then jumped around a bit, then as they all turned to trot back to the centre spot, he runs over to the camera, and unleshes a load of angry abuse. Plain weird.

Team mates have all trotted back? really? He runs over to camera, er the camera in front of his fans that comes over to him? On the pitch, on the line is on the pitch.

Picture 7.pngPicture 10.pngPicture 8.pngPicture 9.png

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
it wasnt just this incident though was it?, there have been so many, including the off the ball elbow at Sunderland, and his total disdain of the thousands of England fans who had gone to see his less than dismal showing at The World Cup finals.

The man is a THUG, end of.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Am I the only one who feels this is very Harsh? Yes you shouldnt be mouthing of using the f word but a 2 match ban? I do not think that warrants that kind of a ban when a red card for breaking someones leg can get you 3 matches. I think this is riduclous. The passion within the moment can often lead to you swearing, i for one, when Brighton score often will shout out F**ing come on or something. Do i deserve a 2 match ban from the withdean?
You're obviously right, he's just being made an example of. It's not really acceptable behaviour though and a fine wouldn't do anything, so maybe he does need a 1 match ban.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Can see it getting reduced to 1 game. Think most people would want to see him in the derby at Wembley.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You're obviously right, he's just being made an example of. It's not really acceptable behaviour though and a fine wouldn't do anything, so maybe he does need a 1 match ban.

A one YEAR ban wouldnt be enough for that thuggish, foul-mouthed, pathetic little man. There are people who will never learn, and l fear that he is one of them.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Can't say I was offended by the swearing, barely noticed it - it if hadn't been made such a fuss over, it would have passed by, unremarkkable for me. Any kid over the age of 6 knows all the swear words anyway, they're not going to learn anything new. I do think it was unnecessary, and makes him sound pretty thick (but then we knew that already), as do everyone who feel the need to use swear words in every sentence.

If anything, I would be more concerned about the absolute anger and hatred that he portrays - he has just scored a hatrick to come back froom 2 down, it shoud be a joyful, celebratory moment, but he feels the need to snarl and rant about like a 2 year old. Of course, the person to do something about it is his manager, but he won't unless it's going to cost them points or trophies.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ronney is a twatt and deserves to get a ban if for nothing else but to get him back into the real world......who the f*** does he think he is. wanker

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Good. Hopefully any appeal will be deemed frivilous, thrown out, and the ban increased to 4 games.

I like the way they are saying that HE came out and apologised immediately afterwards.

"I want to apologise for any offence that may have been caused by my goal celebration, especially any parents or children that were watching. Emotions were running high, and on reflection my heat-of-the-moment reaction was inappropriate. It was not aimed at anyone in particular."

Are we really expected to believe that these were the actual post-match words put together by this semi-literate ratboy, and not some lickspittle manure press officer asked to put something out PDQ to try to diffuse it ? At best he's had this written for him, read back to him, and maybe he's put a thumbprint at the bottom.

If he was going to make a genuine apology, it should have been on camera. Or does he just save those occasions for telling us all to f*** off ?

Twunt.

this
the man is a thug
loud mouthed thug
aways thinks the press are out to get him ..........................wonder where he gets that from

love your final word Easy 10

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For all thoe bemoaning the lack of consistancy / punishment when it comes to swearing, can we just agree that there is a very clear difference between general swearing on the pitch during the course of the game, and pushing your face into a live TV camera and letting loose with a stream of obscenities directly at the TV audience ?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
to be frank its worrying how much anger is in that man Rooney.

Its the old hookers I feel real sorry for.

He must really bang the living beJesus out of those poor raddled old hags.

Imagine seeing an angry pent-up Shrek undress in front of you knowing what was coming......oh my good God its terrifying!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Can see it getting reduced to 1 game. Think most people would want to see him in the derby at Wembley.

not me
in fact if I never saw him again would be nice

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
this
the man is a thug
loud mouthed thug
aways thinks the press are out to get him ..........................wonder where he gets that from

love your final word Easy 10

I can't lay claim to inventing it, but I feel its earnt its place in the common vernacular.

Just having seen it, it's pretty bloody sad that he doesn't have better self-control, the nasty little chavbrat.

Still, he reaps the reward of being high-paid-high-profile in £££ (and old prozzies), so why should he duck from the punishments?

Not sorry for the little git, but he is the celebrated face of football and celebrity today.
Big brother, Jordan, Russel Brand, Paris Hilton and the rest - the examples to children today unfortunately.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ronney is a twatt and deserves to get a ban if for nothing else but to get him back into the real world......who the f*** does he think he is. wanker

I can't make up my mind of that post is tongue firmly in cheek, or unconsicously, wonderfully ironic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here