Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV show locations.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
FalmerforAll!** said:
Doctor Who - Wales

Yep the show is based in cardiff aswell as torchwood and sarah jane mysterys.

Theres abit of location work done in london but the powle estate was filmed in wales.

The first dalek episode and the scene with harriot jones mp in the christmas invasion was filmed under the millennium stadium, and in some torchwood scenes you can also see the stadium in the background.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Pigsy said:
The revived series of Crossroads was filmed in and around the Vale of Belvoir village of Redmile. As was the series of Auf Wiederzehn Pet in which they were doing up the big country house. In real life it is more famous for providing the back drop to my wedding reception.

Fancy that. I used to live fairly close to Redmile. I would never have imagined it to be Crossroads country.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
That 'Wish You Were Here Film' - not Judith Chalmers but Emily Lloyd (Triggers daughter) was filmed in WORTHING.

Also a Christmas special of Men Behaving Badly was also filmed in Worthing.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Might have already been said but the interior of The Nags Head from Only Fools and Horses is the Holingbury pub in Brighton

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nibble said:
Might have already been said but the interior of The Nags Head from Only Fools and Horses is the Holingbury pub in Brighton
The interior is filmed in the studio.

The exterior for the 'Peckham Water' episode were actually the pub at the back of Bevendean, the name of which always escapes me.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
wolfie said:
Film - Oh What a lovely war - filmed in Brighton around 1968. Surreal scenes on end of West Pier, Trenches - Sheepcote Valley tip For the closing sequence they covered a hillside in Ovingdean with white crosses and filmed it from the air - brilliant ! Saw quite a bit of the filming going on - who's who of the British cinema and directed by Dickie (Brighton Rock) Attenborough.
Haven't seen it on TV for quite a long time now - well worth looking out for.

It is superb, the final scenes very powerful indeed. Well worth a too-long-delayed DVD release - I have it on video, taped from TV ages and ages ago, but I'm surprised it isn't shown or revived more. There was an excellent production at the Regent's Park Open Air Theatre a few summers ago.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
E.R. is set and filmed in Chicago.

I was on holiday there a few years back and stumbled across them filming on one of the bridges across the Chicago river.

You can actually do Sex & The City tours if you go to New York, where they take you round all the locations. Sad but true.

wolfie said:
Film - Oh What a lovely war - filmed in Brighton around 1968. Surreal scenes on end of West Pier, Trenches - Sheepcote Valley tip For the closing sequence they covered a hillside in Ovingdean with white crosses and filmed it from the air - brilliant ! Saw quite a bit of the filming going on - who's who of the British cinema and directed by Dickie (Brighton Rock) Attenborough.
Haven't seen it on TV for quite a long time now - well worth looking out for.
As filming of Oh What a Lovely War! came to an end, I moved to Telscombe Village and found myself living next door to Len Deighton (who was the Producer). Within a week, he moved out.

:(

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
The Large One said:
The interior is filmed in the studio.

The exterior for the 'Peckham Water' episode were actually the pub at the back of Bevendean, the name of which always escapes me.
The pub was The White Admiral. I believe it has now been demolished and the site redeveloped.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The lighthouse from FRAGGLE ROCK is St Anthony lighthouse on the entrance to Falmouth harbour.

I lived in Cornwall for 10 years and that's probably the most interesting thing I found about the place.

Oh yeah, Poldark (apparently) and that thing about the Cornish detective was also filmed around that area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here