Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV show locations.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Heartbeat is set in Goathland in North Yorkshire, the frequent steam railway shots are all on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. My next holiday in February involves going up there to play with lots of nice big steam engines!

wolfie said:
Keeping up Appearances - in and around Coventry

Was filmed in a village called Binley Woods outside Coventry. Her house was on the same road as my grans old house.
The Chuckle Brothers used to be filmed in Warwick - think it's moved though.
Rosie & Jim was up and down the Avon, mainly through Stratford-on-Avon where I used to live.

turienzo's lovechild said:
byker grove- benwell(not byker)
My grandfather lived in both Byker and Benwell.

I live in Firle, where Dennis Potter's Blackeyes was filmed.

1056373.jpg

Oct 25, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
My grandfather lived in both Byker and Benwell.

aye i think you've said before(think it was you anyway)

byker isn't TOO bad once you're out of the main estate, northern byker is quite nice

walker and benwell are the worst two areas of newcastle

Southover Street Seagull said:
Camberwick Green- Camberwick Green

Apparently Trumpton was inspired by Plumpton Green

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
'Peep Show' was filmed mostly in West and South Croydon, though some parts in Epsom and Sutton - and yet the opening credits were over the right side of the river, in Crouch End.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Braders said:
as with Torchwood , also uses London on Occasions..

Also filmed some of one episode here in Aberystwyth:wave:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"Lovejoy" : set in Suffolk, but filmed in this part of north Essex (Saffron Walden).

Last edited:

fisons said:
Only Fools and Horses is mainly in Bristol

And if you go on Tuesday you will definitely see Nelson Mandela House. [on the right from away stand]

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was surprised to see a scene from the bill being shot outside my front door one morning as I was leaving to work.

I was once very embarressed to start filming an angry crowd and many police outside a building in Manchester once.

I gone to meet my girlfriend as she finished work and happened to have a video camera on me for a college project.

I knew the back streets quite well and somehow had managed to walk right onto the set of one the early Prime Suspects (I think) as they acted out a big scene past.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you've ever been to the only pub in London "The Market Porter", you're basically on the set of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Loads of stuff is filmed in west London's trendy "sexual" Ealing. Most notably bits of Monty Python's Flying Circus, bits of the old Doctor Whos, and Rentaghost. And that thing with Denis Waterman and Amanda Burton, too. I saw them in a nearby cafe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here