TV show locations.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Hiney said:
RED Leicester

I know it's not a deep red but from a distance, the reddish HUE would surely be enhanced.

'Red' Leicester is clearly ORANGE... even from 36,000,000 miles away !

152421908_7e396c326e_o.jpg

red_planet.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The film 'Circus' with John Hannah and Eddie Izzard was filmed all over Brighton.

The Prisoner was filmed in Portmeirion, North Wales.

The End of the Affair was partly filmed in Brighton.

Brighton Rock... work it out. The pub scenes were shot in The Greyhound, which is now The Fishbowl in East Street.

Mona Lisa was partly filmed in Brighton and Hove, and what was the Happy Eater on the A23, just before Handcross Hill (the steep bit of the A23, the only but not rebuilt in the 1990s).

The 'Peckham Water' episode of Only Fools & Horses was filmed all over Brighton.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The Vicar of Dibley was filmed in a village called Hambleden on the Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire borders. It is owned by Henry Smith, of the WH Smith family (yes it is that feudal there). I used to drive through that huge cutting on the M40 on my way to and from university. Minder was filmed in and around Acton, and London's Burning on and around Jamaica Road, SE1, just east of the Tower, using Dockhead Fire Station as a backdrop. At least it was.....until they burnt the set down!!:shootself Ifanyone saw the Agatha Christie Sunningdale Mystery, that was filmed very near me, on the Royal Ashdown Golf Course at Forest Row, at the Ravenswood in Sharpthorne and one shot with an old car at the end of my road along Weirwood Reservoir.

Walford Sq was based on a square just around the corner from me in Dalston, E8.

The TV Series Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, used the ex-pub now film studios across the road fronm our house in Dalston, E8.

Large number of other scenes were based in the area.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
dylan_bha said:
Noels House Party, Crinkley Bottom = Cricket St. Thomas off Chard, Somerset.
And to The Manor Born also filmed there

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Emily's Mum said:
edna krabappel said:
Casualty & Holby City are filmed in Bristol too.

I hate to disagree, but Holby City is filmed in London (It's all set based). Casualty is filmed in & around Bristol, the sports field at the end of my road was used for an episode last year. The children & I also spotted Dr Sandu on the train in the city.

Yep, Holby City is filmed in one building, the BBC lift opening out onto a new Holby City set on each floor, ie. Emergency on one, operating theatres on the next, wards on another etc. Even the production crew's offices are in there, too.

So I've heard, anyway...

Last edited:

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
The revived series of Crossroads was filmed in and around the Vale of Belvoir village of Redmile. As was the series of Auf Wiederzehn Pet in which they were doing up the big country house. In real life it is more famous for providing the back drop to my wedding reception.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Film - Oh What a lovely war - filmed in Brighton around 1968. Surreal scenes on end of West Pier, Trenches - Sheepcote Valley tip For the closing sequence they covered a hillside in Ovingdean with white crosses and filmed it from the air - brilliant ! Saw quite a bit of the filming going on - who's who of the British cinema and directed by Dickie (Brighton Rock) Attenborough.
Haven't seen it on TV for quite a long time now - well worth looking out for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here