Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

True Fans?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
sagaman said:
With tickets for the Boston game so cheap, second ticket to a season ticket holder half price and kids for free the management of BHA have done all that many of the"experts" amongst the supporters have urged them to do for sometime

Even if the Johnson Paint thing is hardly the Champions League the crowd of 1740 was pitiful when we had a chance to back the new Management and a young team.

I won't even bother to mention the ammo this attendance gives to the anti Falmer brigade.

Well the good news is that those who bothered to go had good value and let us hope that Deano can build on the momentum and develop a run in the League.

Sorry, the piss-pot is a Micky Mouse tournament when all's said and done. Won't be going to any of the rounds - even if the Albion get to the final and it's the first ever game at Wembley. It just encourages a happy-clappy acceptance of mediocrity. As a club we should be aiming MUCH higher than this.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I will be honest here, if we get through to the quarter-final stage and draw a team within reasonable distance from my home and it doesn't clash with anything else then I might just go, lots of ifs though.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
They might as well have given tickets to season ticket holders for free and still had room for everyone else who wanted to come!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
e77 said:
They might as well have given tickets to season ticket holders for free and still had room for everyone else who wanted to come!
FAR too sensible.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I was there so i'm a true fan unlike Ernest:clap2:

sagaman said:
With tickets for the Boston game so cheap, second ticket to a season ticket holder half price and kids for free the management of BHA have done all that many of the"experts" amongst the supporters have urged them to do for sometime

Even if the Johnson Paint thing is hardly the Champions League the crowd of 1740 was pitiful when we had a chance to back the new Management and a young team.

I won't even bother to mention the ammo this attendance gives to the anti Falmer brigade.

Well the good news is that those who bothered to go had good value and let us hope that Deano can build on the momentum and develop a run in the League.

Sorry not a true fan, I didn't go as I had hardly any leave left to book at work, which has to last me till the end of March. Also the Mickey Mouse Cup has never really attracted me and it seems it doesn't attract many other fans around the country:

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10794~913732,00.html

The highest attendance was the Yorkshire derby between Huddersfield and Doncaster.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
One of the great things about promotion from this division is that

(a) We don't have to play in this piece of shit trophy. Living in Warwickshire I had an excuse not to go last night but if they were playing in my back garden, part of me wonders whether or not I would bother to look out the window. What is the point of having a cup where the aspiration is NOT to play in it the next season?

(b) We get into the 3rd round of a proper cup - Not this mickey mouse bollocks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Voroshilov said:
Mickey mouse trophy, lower league team who we've played in the last couple of months, school night.

I think it's a f***ing miracle we got so many.

and if we had lost last Saturday it would have been under the 1,000

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I confess I was not there, so I'm not a true fan.
However as a glory hunter I seem to be a little confused!!!:p

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I didnt go because I had a prior commitment dictated by personal circumstances.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I didn't go last night as I had a pre-arranged commitment for the evening however even if I had the choice of sitting watching TV or going I think I still wouldn't have bothered, its a shame a sI have now broken my uninterupted run of home games stemming back about 5 or 6 years.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was supposed to be going to see Ray Davies at the Dome but he cancelled so I stayed in and watched Holby City instead. Plus I've already seen Boston this year so the fixture held less attraction than usual.

Like others have said I really don't give a toss about this tournament, I was pleased we won but only because I like Brighton to win all their games regardless of the competition. Wake me up if we get to the final and I'll think about it.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I couldnt give a rats arse about not being a 'true fan' in some fans eyes- i was mug enough to go to the carling cup boston game- which was utterly woeful. Had no intention of going to this rubbish joke cup (why isnt there an opt out option)

leave it for the losers that ask for autographs.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lord Bracknell said:
If we want to praise the "true fans", I suggest we give a mighty cheer to the NINE Boston supporters who bought tickets for tonight's game.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

and by the looks of it two didn't turn up :nono: :nono:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wilka said:
The saddest thing is that the club will lose money now becuase people didn't bother to turn up.
That's probably true and I think all the clubs should put pressure on the League to cancel the thing. In the FA and League Cups you don't mind (so much) playing smaller teams in the early rounds because there's always a chance that if we progress we could get a good day out at a Premiership side.

However in this tournament it's just unmitigated dross from here to the final (if we reach it) which doesn't inspire you to attend - beating Boston doesn't give us a crack at a big side which means this tournament is totally devoid of dreams and romance. And even if you win it doesn't register on the football radar. Does anybody know, without looking it up, the names of the finalists for the last two seasons (when we were in the Championship)?

All the attendances were poor, all the clubs involved must have lost money. Kill it now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here