Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

True Fans?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can somebody please clear up for me whether or not I am a proper fan. I made a 170 mile round trip for this game, but probably would not have gone had ! not had a free ticket.

Am I a true fan?

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Voroshilov said:
Mickey mouse trophy, lower league team who we've played in the last couple of months, school night.

I think it's a f***ing miracle we got so many.

Indeed. I read somewhere that there were only 740 there. Must have missed off the '1' - was surprised we got as many as 1,700 or whatever.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Gazwag said:
I know Swansea won it last year

Wrexham the season before that.
Seems the Welsh like it.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Buzzer said:
What he said.

Mine are 7 and 4. Way too late for them on a school night. Otherwise would have taken them. Shame it wasn't next week during half-term.
ditto mine are 9 and 7,we live in lancing,i dont drive so getting back is a no no ,far too late on a schooll nite,and thats why i didnt go

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Ned said:
Wrexham the season before that.
Seems the Welsh like it.

Bristol City beat Carlisle a couple of years ago.

i went- it was utter wank, quarter full mill stad WASTE OF f***ing TIME.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
4 of us Brighton fans went to the Wrexham game. I'm sure Wrexham found the £400,000 prize money very useful inh their fight for their ground.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i saw the mighty millers of rotherham VICTORIOUSin the auto windscreen shield of 1996 thanks to 2 nigel jemson goals over shrewsbury

it was actually a very very good day out, but of course that was at wembley, although it was three-quarters full. not sure what it would be like at the millennium stadium

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
bristolseagull said:
Bristol City beat Carlisle a couple of years ago.

i went- it was utter wank, quarter full mill stad WASTE OF f***ing TIME.

This one may well still be at WEM-BE-LY though. It could even be the first fixture at the stadium, which would mean that it would be quite full, as loads of spotters would want to be there for it.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Now there's a question. If we get to the final of this Mickey Mouse Cup, how many will we take?

I don't know what "ammo" the anti-Falmers can have got out of it. I imagine most sides in the league would have small crowds for a Boston match. Recent non-leaguers, not setting the FL alight, potentially cannon fodder?
Win or lose, it would hardly be a worthy football spectacle to serve up.
On top of that, a night game with bad weather expected at a running track stadium..... it speaks more of our need for a better ground with facilities that will attract fans regularly and regardless.

Weren't we recently criticising Madejski Stad for the lack of fans and atmosphere?
Now, Reading is back 'on the map' from being in the Prem with a manager we could have kept at Brighton IF we had facilities.

Falmer Stadium would be a real asset to Brighton and Sussex, FACT.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
NMH said:
I don't know what "ammo" the anti-Falmers can have got out of it.

Spot on sir.

While 1700 people decided to watch a meaningless football match in dodgy weather that clashed with Champions League on terrestrial how many people were settling down for a nice night by Falmer duckpond or a quick drink in that 'lovely' pub run by the man who alledgedly used to wear dresses....

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
There were FIVE other teams in the Paint thingy that had smaller attendances than us last night, and about 8 with under 2k, so its not that bad i suppose.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Southover Street Seagull said:
Is there a difference between a true fan and a proper fan?

We're all true fans but there's shades of within that banding, which, like it or not, is influenced by market forces. The loyalty factor actually skews the traditional laws of supply and demand in the club's favour.

So 1700 die hards turned out for last night's fayre by my reckoning.

Bromley shrimp said:
We're all true fans but there's shades of within that banding, which, like it or not, is influenced by market forces. The loyalty factor actually skews the traditional laws of supply and demand in the club's favour.

So 1700 die hards turned out for last night's fayre by my reckoning.

I regard myself as a die hard but couldn't go mainly because of annual leave at work.
My question was tongue in cheek too!
I see we haven't had a reply from the loyallist Brighton fan ever to have walked the earth who started the thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here