Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

travel vouchers

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I called the ticket office yesterday and ordered mine, the chap I spoke to said he is putting them in the post today so i'll get them either saturday or Monday. As I;m not going to SPurs thats fine with me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If it's valid for the return journey it should return it, hope the club get this sorted for tomorrow.

As you seem to be missing the point somewhat...

Club season tickets will NOT work through automated ticket barriers at railway stations. Instead, present/wave/flash your card to the chap at the manual barrier who should allow you to pass through.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If it's valid for the return journey it should return it, hope the club get this sorted for tomorrow.

Club season tickets will NOT work through automated ticket barriers at railway stations. Instead, present/wave/flash your card to the chap at the manual barrier who should allow you to pass through.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just had to call up the ticket office about this. I ordered 3 books last week and only 1 turned up yesterday. The chap on the phone said "this is becoming a bit of a habit, you're not the first this has happened to." It seems they got some outside "help" in to get the vouchers out. It would seem they weren't much help afterall. Regardless, as ever the club have responded as expected and I should expect 2 more in the post iminantly.

3 ordered first week of July, 1 came on Tuesday, still waiting for the other two

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

:facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would suggest calling them. They are not aware that the correct amount of vouchers weren't put into the envelopes!

If the envelope was addressed to me then that could be true but I guess they are sent out in three separate envelopes as it was my daughters which has arrived, but I paid for all three and each one had to be linked to each fan number. If there's nothing in today post I might try to give them a ring.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea

So you don't actually need to buy the travel vouchers, you just "present/wave/flash" your season ticket to be allowed though?

I don't think so.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So you don't actually need to buy the travel vouchers, you just "present/wave/flash" your season ticket to be allowed though?

I don't think so.

I'm talking about tomorrow only.

For future games, as you say, purchased match-specific travel vouchers will be required.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
If the envelope was addressed to me then that could be true but I guess they are sent out in three separate envelopes as it was my daughters which has arrived, but I paid for all three and each one had to be linked to each fan number. If there's nothing in today post I might try to give them a ring.

Exactly the same as me. I ordered for myself and 2 others, both linked to fan numbers but all coming to my address. I'm just going on what the guy said on the phone......"you're not the first to say this has happened to them........" He then had to raise it with his seniors!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Exactly the same as me. I ordered for myself and 2 others, both linked to fan numbers but all coming to my address. I'm just going on what the guy said on the phone......"you're not the first to say this has happened to them........" He then had to raise it with his seniors!

:thumbsup:

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
Hi folks - I'm looking forward to our game next week, and to see the new stadium.

If the home fans are confused about the travelling, how is it going to be for away fans? I would have thought a park and ride would work by arriving, parking, and paying your couple of quid on the bus? No one seems to know.

I suppose it will all become clearer after a few games at the Amex. Good luck for the season in your new home - apart from next Saturday's result ;)

albionite

May 20, 2009
Hi folks - I'm looking forward to our game next week, and to see the new stadium.

If the home fans are confused about the travelling, how is it going to be for away fans? I would have thought a park and ride would work by arriving, parking, and paying your couple of quid on the bus? No one seems to know.

I suppose it will all become clearer after a few games at the Amex. Good luck for the season in your new home - apart from next Saturday's result ;)

With a week to go, this is something the club really needs to sort out.

Confused.com and lastminute.com is what we're all using.

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
Vouchers or an OAP bus pass are the only forms of currency accepted to travel on P&R.Did you not get advice when you got your match ticket?

Nope.. It would be a crazy system that requires visiting supporters to buy travel vouchers for one game, at a distance, from the host club. There's nothing printed on the ticket, but perhaps showing the ticket will work?

I went to a Bundesliga game last year whilst visiting Hanover - they had a system where all local public transport was available before and after the game to match ticket holders, no separate vouchers..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Nope.. It would be a crazy system that requires visiting supporters to buy travel vouchers for one game, at a distance, from the host club. There's nothing printed on the ticket, but perhaps showing the ticket will work?

I went to a Bundesliga game last year whilst visiting Hanover - they had a system where all local public transport was available before and after the game to match ticket holders, no separate vouchers..

No. Showing the ticket will not work! I agree it's shambolic. I ask again, what info did you receive with your ticket? Anything?

Edit: I see you said no! It's crazy!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If driving my advice would be:

Head for Brighton Marina (multi storey car park - free parking) NOT ASDA car park at the Marina. Get a No.23 bus straight to the ground. £1.60 single Same back !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here