Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

travel vouchers

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Actually, thinking about it, I expect they didn't think about the friendlies when the vouchers went to the printers and realised they were two short, hence why (apparantly) you don't need one on Saturday (neither did you for the SSC on the P&R) - BUT telling everybody they are £1 each is wrong as they are £1.07142857142 each.

I must say I am concerned about getting through the barriers at Lewes station on saturday without a voucher.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually, thinking about it, I expect they didn't think about the friendlies when the vouchers went to the printers and realised they were two short, hence why (apparantly) you don't need one on Saturday (neither did you for the SSC on the P&R) - BUT telling everybody they are £1 each is wrong as they are £1.07142857142 each.

I must say I am concerned about getting through the barriers at Lewes station on saturday without a voucher.
Non-STH here. For the SSC the P&R was free with your match ticket, but you had to pay if you used the bus. Is the same going to be true for Saturday does anyone know?

I emailed the ticket office and got a reply back quite quickly, but all it said was "check the website for announcements"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Non-STH here. For the SSC the P&R was free with your match ticket, but you had to pay if you used the bus. Is the same going to be true for Saturday does anyone know?

I emailed the ticket office and got a reply back quite quickly, but all it said was "check the website for announcements"

Insider says

For Spurs the the buses, trains and P&R require you to show your Smartcard/match ticket.

Re buses, it is exactly the same system that worked at Withdean. So travel in the zone is free, regardless of the number of buses.

BUT apparantly the bus company are not aware of this so :shrug:at the moment, still got a couple of days left though

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Are these free for season ticket holders then?

I went to Falmer last week to sort out U16 ticketing issue for Spurs/Gillingham game and at the same time bought 3 lots of travel vouchers.

At no time did the chap who served me say "By the way Sir you'll be getting these for free next week so probably don't need to buy them" so imagine my surprise when two sets of vouchers arrived in the post this morning. I dare say my dad will have got his through the post too.

If anyone wants a set that hasn't got one let me know and we can try and sort something out (bearing in mind I only have two extra sets not two thousand...)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I used my ticket on the bus. No charge was made for SSCF travel.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are these free for season ticket holders then?

I went to Falmer last week to sort out U16 ticketing issue for Spurs/Gillingham game and at the same time bought 3 lots of travel vouchers.

At no time did the chap who served me say "By the way Sir you'll be getting these for free next week so probably don't need to buy them" so imagine my surprise when two sets of vouchers arrived in the post this morning. I dare say my dad will have got his through the post too.

If anyone wants a set that hasn't got one let me know and we can try and sort something out (bearing in mind I only have two extra sets not two thousand...)

Not sure I follow. They are NOT free to Season Ticket Holders. Although if you do think you have some to offload, I'll take them

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure I follow. They are NOT free to Season Ticket Holders. Although if you do think you have some to offload, I'll take them

No I don't follow either - I bought, in person, from the stadium, three travel voucher books, one for me, one for my dad and one for my son, all of us are season ticket holders.

I took the vouchers home with me and am looking at them now. In today's post there were two more books of vouchers, one for me, one for my son, no accompanying letter,just the "Arriving at the Amex" flyer.

Might have to refer it on to Insider...but in the meantime I definitely have two books of tickets that I don't need (the only issue is whether I end up paying twice) so let me know your details and we can meet up somewhere...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
According to Insider on ATC they are being sent out today and tomorrow but are not needed for Spurs as you can use your smart card for the trains and buses.

That is also what I was told on the phone yesterday, when I tried to buy a couple of vouchers for the Spurs game.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I used my ticket on the bus. No charge was made for SSCF travel.
Hmmm. That wasn't what they told me at the ticket office in the shop when I bought my SSCF tickets! I asked and the bloke said, "P&R free, bus or train you've got to pay for". Minor point obviously (and moot now since the event's passed) but I bet come Saturday evening there's going to be the odd 'My Travel Voucher nightmare' thread as there seems to be a lot of conflicting info flying about!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hmmm. That wasn't what they told me at the ticket office in the shop when I bought my SSCF tickets! I asked and the bloke said, "P&R free, bus or train you've got to pay for". Minor point obviously (and moot now since the event's passed) but I bet come Saturday evening there's going to be the odd 'My Travel Voucher nightmare' thread as there seems to be a lot of conflicting info flying about!

I actually spoke to a fan on the bus and he had bought a saver! It's a pretty shambolic situation really!

This weekend I am going by bus again, and I will have my smart card, travel vouchers, and cash readily available! The bus driver can choose whatever one he wants!!!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Very confused myself on the best way to get there - I didn't realise that you have to have the vouchers. The route S bus looks best for me but may be packed by the time I get on (do you need a voucher for this ?)Also no mention of under 10s do they need a voucher ?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Everyone needs a voucher to travel, no matter what age - except for Spurs which is free. Apparently trains only gave the OK this morning. Given that it works out about £1 per return, I don't think there's too much room for complaint.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Hurrah, mine were waiting for me when I got home from work. Now all I need to do is top up some money on to my season ticket and its all systems go.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Everyone needs a voucher to travel, no matter what age - except for Spurs which is free. Apparently trains only gave the OK this morning. Given that it works out about £1 per return, I don't think there's too much room for complaint.

That was my understanding til yesterday when a man in our customer services dept told me that under 5s didn't need vouchers!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
bought 2 books but only received 1, so best the other one turns up by next week.

Yes, same for us. I expect the other one will turn up shortly if I whistle.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Exactement, might not be so much of a bargain if you live in Brighton (no idea what the train fare is from there) but a return train ticket from Burgess Hill to Falmer is about six quid, so I am most happy with £30 for a season's worth of vouchers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here