Transport watch - Cardiff game

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This might sound silly, but part of the problem could be that the stadium is right on top of the railway station. Had the nearest station been Moulsecoomb for instance, then fans would have to walk a couple of miles to get there, which would string them out and the actual static queueing would be reduced.

Not silly at all, exactly why its better to walk to Wembley Central after a game (at Wembley obviously) than Wembley Park and why during the olympics the prefered route was via West Ham, a 20 minute walk form the stadium

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Left on the final whistle and just made it for the 9.47. Could have got the 10.03 from Brighton easily but a breakdown in communication (my fault) meant we got the 10.14. Back to Shoreham at 10.30

Back home at 11.40.

Smooth as you like.

Tell you what that is really good going, I'm closeish to you in the NS by the look of your photos and got back to Bexhill only ½ hour before you got home

Jameson

I was just about to post something similar, what a cry baby that "supporter" was.

We probably followed each other home I got on that train, parked in Lewes FC car park and was home just after 11pm.

Compared to last season we got the train after the one were used to get, a whole 15 minutes later than last year.

Snap. not a big price to pay is it? I often wonder what these tossers and going to do with the extra 15 minutes; have a fag? Beat the wife? Big Mac? Not that I'm stereo-typing or anything!! :lolol:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
First evening game for me last night and i looked on it as a learning curve/experiment.

Not overly impressed though. Left the stadium on the final whistle and got back to Haywards Heath at 23:40! Getting to the stadium was less than an hour so no complaints on the outward journey at all.

Still, am going to save true judgment until after Saturday.

Have to say though, crowds aside, the management and organisation is very very well done.

#barberout - just getting stung now since his arrival - we are not a premier league club yet!!! £7 for a pint and a hot dog is ridiculous. I wonder how many get thrown away afterwards at thos prices. Didn't see a single person eating one thinking about it!

don't quite understand how it took youso long to get back to hh. we left the ground around 10.15 and were back in Hassocks by 11.00

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
R, S and P single bus line was once again a shambles.

I live less than four miles away in Rottingdean. Did not stay behind for a drink. Joined the queue straight away.

Got home at 11.20pm after one MAHOOSIVE bun fight.

When will the club just make an S stop and an R stop to prevent people using the uncertainty as an excuse to barge to the front?

I don't like to complain in general, but im amazed they dont channel the queues off with barriers into P, R and S.

I'm also a rottingdean goer and it was just hectic. I completely understand the logic that there will always be a wait for the first lot of buses to come back round but there were certainly a lot more people for R than usual.

Also, when I got on my bus it left with about 15 spare seats still upstairs. Madness.

Again, i dont like to complain, but it needs to be sorted as I was genuinly concerned for some (elderly and young) when the 'crush' for the 2nd (of the 2nd round) of R buses parked in front on the queue (rather than parrellel to the side of it). Quite scary.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
WSU here. Made sure I was by the exit until the final whistle before quickly legging it down the stairs and to the Lewes bound platform. Got the 10:03 train I think it was, drove to Lewes so was back in Haywards Heath by 10:45 or so.

If I had stayed in my seat until the final whistle, I would have been waiting A LOT longer at the station for a train as the queues quickly built up.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
R, S and P single bus line was once again a shambles.

I live less than four miles away in Rottingdean. Did not stay behind for a drink. Joined the queue straight away.

Got home at 11.20pm after one MAHOOSIVE bun fight.

When will the club just make an S stop and an R stop to prevent people using the uncertainty as an excuse to barge to the front?

I agree, have one stop for R and another for H&S especially as Hs seem to magically become Ss. Must be possible with barriers.

At one point an H was parked alongside as S while loading. Is it sensible to have people wandering round in the road?

Has the P bus been discontinued? I didn't see one at all last night.

Two things worried me in the queues. Firstly the madness of people to force their way on to buses ignoring queues and ignoring the fact that there might be children, disabled people or even pregnant ladies in their way. Secondly the club only allocating one Steward and one Bus Control for the long H, P, R & S queue and not increasing the number when it became obvious there was an issue. The two staff had no chance of controlling what was going on.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stayed in the ground until about half ten having a drink, no queues for the train, was home by just after 11pm.

Smooth as.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
First evening game for me last night and i looked on it as a learning curve/experiment.

Not overly impressed though. Left the stadium on the final whistle and got back to Haywards Heath at 23:40! Getting to the stadium was less than an hour so no complaints on the outward journey at all.

Not sure how you managed that.

I had a pint in Dicks afterwards, and was still at home by 23:30. That includes the 15 minute walk from Burgess Hill station to my house.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Left on full time, managed to get straight on an R bus and was back home in Peacehaven by 10.20. It is useful sitting in the East as its near the bus park. The bus we were on did leave before it was full up. I was sat upstairs and there were quite a few empty seats on the top deck.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Paused the seagull travel coach back to Lancing which was full to the brim fantastic service

Unfourtunatly I imagine its of no interest for Network Rail to invest money into something that has no finacial gain for them, they will get loads of customers with or without a wider platform.

Once Bloom has thrown more money at the training facilities and players perhaps he will see the future, MONORAIL
I thought funding the widening of the platform was an obligation imposed on the football club as a condition of getting the extra seats.

westsussexmackem

Aug 1, 2011
...West Sussex.
For a big attendance i'm surprised how smoothly I found it, left at the FT whistle and got on the 22:07? train back to Brighton with no problem. Only minor problem was the wait for the train back on the west coast mainline as soon as we got back into Brighton. Got back indoors just after 11 so no complaints really.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Left WSL on final whistle, back to car park three at the Uni and home in Hassocks by 10.10. Getting there took a while thanks to the roadworks at the bottom of Coldean Lane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here