Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day no. 1

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As far as I’m aware this is a fans message board :shrug:

You literally said this;

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
Lots of opinions on this thread, the mentality of we are little ole Brighton from board room to fan base is now holding the club back imo.

So how exactly is the opinions of fans on a message board correlate to what happens at board room level?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You literally said this;

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
Lots of opinions on this thread, the mentality of we are little ole Brighton from board room to fan base is now holding the club back imo.

So how exactly is the opinions of fans on a message board correlate to what happens at board room level?
I took that from Mr B when he likes to garble on Talkshite, one minute the club is full of top ten ambition, a bad run and he’s quoting we used to play at Withdean what do you expect.. nauseating.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I took that from Mr B when he likes to garble on Talkshite, one minute the club is full of top ten ambition, a bad run and he’s quoting we used to play at Withdean what do you expect.. nauseating.

How much of a role do you think Paul Barber has in recruitment? Isn't that why we have Ashworth? He runs the playing side, Barber runs the business side.

But regardless, the buck stops with Tony Bloom. It's his club, he's the chairman, he sets the budgets and appoints Barber & Ashworth to run the club.

But anyone is assuming there has actually been a 'failure' or 'problem' this window

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I can think of one team who spent significantly this summer - a £20m striker , £15m full back, and a couple of premier league experienced free transfers who went straight into the first team.
We beat them 3-0 away from home.

But currently sitting on 7 points which includes a point away at Spurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Agree with that. As Potter said, it's easy to get lured into thinking you HAVE to buy new players all the time. If I look at the squad now, compared to last year, there are loads of positives (Ben White, Tariq Lamptey, Adam Lallana....plus the likes of Connolly, Bissouma, Alzate, Webster and Trossard have all improved). Even Ali J and Mac Allister look like they will progress. Veltman is a very decent reserve right back or centre back. March is looking more comfortable at wing back. I could go on....

Ben white - not convinced after 4 games
Lamptey - absolutely yes
Lallana- first game lasted 40 mins didn’t play in another will he b a sick note ?
Connolly - tough in him at his age to score the goals to keep us up fingers crossed
Biss - absolutely yes
Alzate-absolutely yes
Webster - no better than Duffy where he is better with the ball at his feet his basic defending is poor
Trossard - yes
Ali j- that’s the funny one . One min two managers hardly play him , next he could play upfront according to Potter .
Mac- potential but not seen it this season
Veltman - looks ok
March - after so many years of under achieving two /three very good games

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ben white - not convinced after 4 games
Lamptey - absolutely yes
Lallana- first game lasted 40 mins didn’t play in another will he b a sick note ?
Connolly - tough in him at his age to score the goals to keep us up fingers crossed
Biss - absolutely yes
Alzate-absolutely yes
Webster - no better than Duffy where he is better with the ball at his feet his basic defending is poor
Trossard - yes
Ali j- that’s the funny one . One min two managers hardly play him , next he could play upfront according to Potter .
Mac- potential but not seen it this season
Veltman - looks ok
March - after so many years of under achieving two /three very good games

You might like to amend your comment re Lallana after having a look at the starting lineup against Man Utd and used subs against Everton and Newcastle

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Exactly, the table is shaping already like it or not the reality is it’s all decided by budget.

If we were making even a modest profit, or small loss I'd agree. But to say we need a bigger budget while losing £20M+ a season, is ridiculous

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Get them in for the Palace game if they are that good.

At least one of the clubs would only sell the player if they got an immediate loan back, apparently.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bottom 6 it is then

What do you suggest? Do we need Tony Bloom to step aside for someone with deeper pockets?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"Top Ten" was before the Covid football finance meltdown.

We are in a holding pattern for a while now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here