Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tranmere V Brighton (Match thread) Team announced

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thank god for that!!!! Good save Sully! Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww tooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooow!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do any of you lot know anything about football. In matches like this we have to first and foremost consolidate the defence and not conceed a goal and then we can set our stall out to try to nick an unexpected win away from home. Thornton, Murray or Fleetwood will come on if we are chasing the game or trying for a winner near the end.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Do any of you lot know anything about football. In matches like this we have to first and foremost consolidate the defence and not conceed a goal and then we can set our stall out to try to nick an unexpected win away from home. Thornton, Murray or Fleetwood will come on if we are chasing the game or trying for a winner near the end.

you won't find me giving you any argument about that,I did'nt have any problems with the starting line up

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Never heard "the best form of defence is attack"? Your idea is a valid one, but it isn't the only approach you can take to a match.

Many fans feel that in our previous games we haven't shown a desire to win. We haven't done well in our previous games, so perhaps a new approach should be tried. Perhaps instead of trying to consolidate, going out and defending and trying to sneak something, we should go out and try to win. Make our own momentum.

It isn't about not knowing anything about football, it's about fundamental differences in approaching games.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What does Micky do at half-time? Same as and try for a confidence buildign draw or go for the win.... cos altho I think this 11 can grind out a draw... Forster on his own upfront isn't going to get us a goal

Ooops you already put it straight BG!! Logic says maybe try for a win late in the game

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
you won't find me giving you any argument about that,I did'nt have any problems with the starting line up

You and I are in the minority as most on here expect us to go out and attack every team and score a hatful of goals, they are not very realistic of our current position, for whatever reasons.

It can be said that attack is the best form of defence which ios correct if you can keep the ball. If you lose it then you have to rely on good old fashioned defending deep and kicking the ball into the crowd when needed.

If you dont conceed you get 1 more valuable point in our climb up the league or possibly 1 goal and 3 points.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

no you are right brian, after 36 years I know nothing whatsoever about football.

I dont understand playing people because they are injured, I dont understand playing people on the wrong wing, I dont understand that you have to pack the defence and still lose, I dont understand that EL And can get into a team when you have a loanee who is miles better than him, i dont understand that you get players on loan and then dont play them.

that is why we rely on you to tell us how it is

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008

:laugh:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm afraid we don't frighten most teams which is not a good place to start

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So boring and negative from Adams.Needs to inject some attacking power in the second half before they take the lead.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So boring and negative from Adams.Needs to inject some attacking power in the second half before they take the lead.

ah but we know nothing algie.

we are going for an alamo stance with the hope of a breakaway

something like that brian?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's always dangerous to play like we are as if they score it will be very difficult to get any momentum going after sitting back.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It makes you wonder if he has got it to take us up again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here