NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Listed as 4-4-2 on Seagulls World.

.........................Sullivan

Whing.........Elphick.........Hinshelwood.........Richards

Cox.............El-Abd.............Johnson...........McLeod

....................Forster.....Virgo

I don't get it though. Swap Virgo with Hinshelwood. Then put Thornton or Robinson in there.

Sullivan

Whing Virgo Elphick Richards

Cox Thornton El-Abd/Fraser Johnson Mcleod

Forster

Isn't that obvious?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I don't get it though. Swap Virgo with Hinshelwood. Then put Thornton or Robinson in there.

Sullivan

Forster

Isn't that obvious?

Doesnt leave a very physical or tall central midfield though, leaving us more vulnerable defensively

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

Sullivan

Forster

Isn't that obvious?

maybe you can take over as player-manager after we lose today :jester:

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I am sure eveyone but me knows this, but if Sullivan gets injured, who is going in goal?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
When asked by BBC SCR if he was interested in staying further into the season Thornton responded by saying that he 'keen to get back to Coventry' as they have a few injuries and he hopes to get into the team.

Fair comment I guess, maybe Adams wants to try formations without him starting, same as he is doing with Thomson dropped from the squad recently?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
When asked by BBC SCR if he was interested in staying further into the season Thornton responded by saying that he 'keen to get back to Coventry' as they have a few injuries and he hopes to get into the team.

Fair comment I guess, maybe Adams wants to try formations without him starting, same as he is doing with Thomson dropped from the squad recently?

What are you on about. The idea of loans is to add something to the squad knowing it is only going to be for a short period.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

very valid point

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What are you on about. The idea of loans is to add something to the squad knowing it is only going to be for a short period.
Maybe MA had visions of signing him?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

Yer good Idea. So if we got a class Arsenal player on loan for three weeks, we wouldn't play them because they aren't going to sign permanently:D

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe MA had visions of signing him?

No i'm not buying it. He never ever gave Thornton a run of games, so it isn't because he has said that. It's because he's clueless and seems to see him as an impact sub, nothing else.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Adams again picked a team that shows fear of the opposition and is looking to stop them playing rather than us take it to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here