Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
??? have you ever parked there for a matchday. I have for the last 11 years ha ha . There's multiple car parks, offroad parking, and a car park next to the station. How do you think Lewes copes with matchdays ? The only change will be people going to Falmer by shuttle bus instead of train. The club have run this kind of operation multiple times when trains have been on strike, at christmas, etc etc. Have you ever used it ? I'm sure it will be a bit bumpy but it will go a long way imo.

Absolutely this. Some common sense at last.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Its been widely reported now that the club are about to shortly announce a hefty amount of free shuttle buses from Lewes to Falmer (and back) and more park and rides capacity .

Genuine question: have these been announced? Ta
*EDIT*

Answering my own question:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2817170/travel-information-tottenham-hotspur/

Brighton shuttle service: will be departing from Old Steine (bus stop F) three hours before kick-off. Supporters can also use bus number 25, 28, 29 from this stop to Falmer. Post-match pick up from Falmer station A27 bus stop.

Lewes shuttle service: will be departing from the Lewes train station three hours before kick-off. Post-match pick up from the A27 eastbound bus stop.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Genuine question: have these been announced? Ta
*EDIT*

Answering my own question:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2817170/travel-information-tottenham-hotspur/

Brighton shuttle service: will be departing from Old Steine (bus stop F) three hours before kick-off. Supporters can also use bus number 25, 28, 29 from this stop to Falmer. Post-match pick up from Falmer station A27 bus stop.

Lewes shuttle service: will be departing from the Lewes train station three hours before kick-off. Post-match pick up from the A27 eastbound bus stop.

and

Park & Ride: There will be three park and rides open, Mill Road (BN1 8ZF), Brighton Racecourse (BN2 9XZ) & Pyecombe Equestrian Centre (BN45 7EG).

All sites will be open from 2.30pm, and supporters are advised to arrive early, as parking spaces will be allocated on a first served basis at Mill Road & Racecourse.

Pyecombe P&R – must be booked in advance, supporters can book here. Post-match pick up will be the same as the drop off point from University of Brighton bus stop.

Buses: Brighton & Hove Buses and Stagecoach, will be operating a normal Saturday service across our Travel Zone.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks, presume Lewes Park N ride is walk up? Do you need tickets or turn up? where does bus leave from?

There isn't a park and ride at Lewes. There are shuttle buses. They leave from Lewes Station.

How do you get to games ? And where from ? Clearly not from Lewes so curious where ?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The club announcement suggests they know the railways wont have trains serving Falmer. A guess? The club have been told before Joe public? If this is the case why cant Southern rail.publish this now?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
There isn't a park and ride at Lewes. There are shuttle buses. They leave from Lewes Station.

How do you get to games ? And where from ? Clearly not from Lewes so curious where ?

You're not considering people who travel from places like seaford/newhaven who pass through lewes on the train. I guess it'll be a lot busier trying to park in lewes if a lot of people who normally travel through lewes have to drive to and park in lewes to get the shuttle bus

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

He's a Spurs fan.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You're not considering people who travel from places like seaford/newhaven who pass through lewes on the train. I guess it'll be a lot busier trying to park in lewes if a lot of people who normally travel through lewes have to drive to and park in lewes to get the shuttle bus

Agreed it’s going to be bumpy, and not as easy as usual. . Especially for those coming in along the coast. But just wanted to share some experience about what’s it’s like from fans, like yourself , who actually do these trips week in , week out and have parked in Lewes and used the shuttle bus/park and rides before.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club announcement suggests they know the railways wont have trains serving Falmer. A guess? The club have been told before Joe public? If this is the case why cant Southern rail.publish this now?

Who knows - and not sure it matters. There will be no or limited trains. . But curious why you keep posting on this thread if you’re not interested in getting to the game and want to share your experiences/ tips and help other fans who do ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Is the correct answer. Potentially a shed load of people are going to try and park in Lewes. Hence I've binned that plan and seagulls travel will be taking the strain for me.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just a note to those eastwards of Lewes using the 28 & 29 buses to Tunbridge Wells. Great idea but check the timetable. On a Saturday they run half hourly to Lewes.
Two buses to Uckfield on to Tunbridge Wells at 19:30 or 21:00
Two buses going as far as Uckfield at 22:00 & 23:29
Basically I wouldn't bother.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is Bennett’s field car park sorted yet?

Someone needs to make that bloke an offer he can’t refuse. (Cue Godfather music.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just a note to those eastwards of Lewes using the 28 & 29 buses to Tunbridge Wells. Great idea but check the timetable. On a Saturday they run half hourly to Lewes.
Two buses to Uckfield on to Tunbridge Wells at 19:30 or 21:00
Two buses going as far as Uckfield at 22:00 & 23:29
Basically I wouldn't bother.

I don't know because l don't use them, but immediately after the game, and even later bearing in mind Saturday is basically party night in central Brighton, will many of those buses be full?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I don't know because l don't use them, but immediately after the game, and even later bearing in mind Saturday is basically party night in central Brighton, will many of those buses be full?

Yes. I think my post was meant to say 'don't even think about it'. Can't see many getting on that 19:30. Trying to remember when I had to do this once, many years ago. If you must use the 28/29 beyond Lewes try getting the shuttle to Lewes and then running over to catch the 28 which may have emptied in Lewes.
I know when waiting for the ST coach the 28/29 goes past every 20 minutes to Falmer and is almost full. They're not all going to fit on one bus returning.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is Bennett’s field car park sorted yet?

Someone needs to make that bloke an offer he can’t refuse. (Cue Godfather music.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's about to make multi-£m's from selling the land to private student housing providers. Probably disinterested in bickering with the club on the level of rent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here